PDA

View Full Version : Cheap IR renew

confirm-finals?
21st Feb 2007, 07:16
Hi all

Just curious to know any place Melb or Syd that offer a cheap and quick IR renewal? My former school closed...

Prefer YMEN if possible but I know I might not have that choice...I'm BE76 rated also

Cheers

Ricky Bobby
21st Feb 2007, 21:41
You would probably get a better response to what you have received if you rephrased your question to something like

"Where can I get a thorough IR renewal for a fair price?"

27/09
22nd Feb 2007, 06:14
cheap and quick

Reminds me of the famous saying, "Good, Quick, Cheap, you can have any two but not all three at once."

RB You hit the nail on the head. :ok:

neville_nobody
22nd Feb 2007, 07:16
Well you can have all three if you do 1/2 of the rating in a CASA approved sim. Then all you need to do is the 2nd approach plus airwork in the aircraft. Much cheaper than using the aircraft.

confirm-finals?
22nd Feb 2007, 07:33
Cheap and Quick refers to me flying back home to OZ just to do my renewal. No reference to a cheap ass job or cutting corners...:ugh: Shame to see pprune hasnt changed one bit!!! :yuk:

Thanks neville_nobody for some USEFUL advice...

Ricky Bobby
22nd Feb 2007, 23:19
No offence was intended with my previous post. You could have been clearer with your question, then you may have received the information you were after.

Did you not know you can use a synthetic trainer in the renewal? You can even use it in an initial for your DME arrival.

NZLeardriver
22nd Feb 2007, 23:40
try Peter Binis at Morrabbin.

confirm-finals?
23rd Feb 2007, 06:27
None taken Ricky Bobby!

I would have liked to do it in a synthetic trainer but my rating has lapsed by 18months... I didnt have the chance to get back to OZ in time last year to do just a renewal. I now have to do an intial test again.

Is it true the requirments for NBD have now been removed? I was reading the CAO's online and it makes reference to NBD or VOR...

Anyone have news on Ad astral in Perth?

scrambler
23rd Feb 2007, 06:55
Ad Astral Perth
Bini's Melb
both Professional outfits and VERY GOOD.