PDA

View Full Version : What would you do....

HardCorePawn
21st Feb 2007, 01:21
with an extra AU$8 Million? No ideas? Perhaps you could ask GD what he would do... (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/story.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10425052)

One really does have to wonder, what exactly these guys do, that warrant such ludicrous bonuses and salaries?!?! Its not like they're curing cancer or anything... :confused:

Redstone
21st Feb 2007, 02:58
Ahh Hardcore, it is an exclusive club......... but membership does have it's benefits.

And remember, it's only a scam if you're not in on it.

socks and thongs
21st Feb 2007, 04:02
It's not actually all that hard to get into this club, you just need to be a good salesperson.

And it doesn't hurt to be good on the flute

DutchRoll
21st Feb 2007, 04:34
Actually, $8 million is only a small fraction of the total sum (once you include other bonuses, shares, etc) he stands to get paid if the deal goes ahead - as they say - for basically saying "yep, that offer sounds good to me, just let me get my corporate PR people onto convincing the shareholders, and where do I sign?"

I must admit to often wondering how he manages to afford to feed his family and pay for petrol in these expensive times.:rolleyes:

And as for donating some of it to charity - I wonder if he'll tell us how much of it he's planning on keeping for himself?:suspect: Ah, absolute greed, one of the most basic and fascinating of human traits!

Aussie
21st Feb 2007, 05:50
Can you believe that! :{ :ugh: :ugh:

Aussie

squawk6969
21st Feb 2007, 06:11
Maybe a few mates could all chip in and start up another LCC:}

And then sell it off at a huge profit!:D

sq6969

assasin8
21st Feb 2007, 10:22
Maybe if the 'powers that be' weren't so generous with the exec bonuses and salaries, they'd actually have money to pay the real workers, without constantly bleating that these REAL workers all need to take pay cuts !!!:ugh:

woftam
21st Feb 2007, 11:35
Oink,Oink !!!!!!!
:mad:

Scurvy.D.Dog
21st Feb 2007, 12:46
Miss Piggies bordello …. :} ... :eek: ... :ooh: .... :suspect: ....:E

Redstone
22nd Feb 2007, 03:45
And I hope that all other employees will be extended the same courtesy of a nice bonus payout, before they start working for MaqQantas, the next day, in the same job, doin' the same stuff.:}

Eastwest Loco
22nd Feb 2007, 11:33
Let us take a second to think.

These life support systems for genitals have made a life's work of removing jobs from hard working Australians by shipping the jobs offshore, eroding flight crew pay and conditions, replaced checkin and reservations staff with automation, reduced remuneration to the largest base of their sales and pushed people away from that source to where they don't have to pay the reseller.

They expect respect for achievement. Hello?

I realise shareholders deserve a return, but any money earned by a regime destroying people's lives is despotic and to be despised. Investors need to be made aware how the high class worlds best people are being treated. You cannot give world class service all day every day if you are looking over your shoulder for the lowlive from the Human Remains department to walk in with lugubrious supportive smiles on their faces.

Shame Dicko shame - and in particular - shame on all the TN leftovers who have carried over their mongrel reign to the Rat.

It makes me sad that the hatchet men from the TN days are still imbedded in the core of QF. They were dangerous then, but more dangerous now.

The dark side of the Force is strong in them.

Sorry Dicko. You have killed the spirit and culture of airline. It exists elswhere in exile. It will again prevail.

I just hope one too many corner is not cut for the rest to realise that the hard way.

EWL