PDA

View Full Version : Max Astorga, LAN Chile

Ian Wall
20th Feb 2007, 16:49
I have posted this on the "Where are they now" forum, but hope it is alright if I duplicate this post here as it may stand a better chance of achieving a result. Hope thsi is not against the rules Moderator.

On behalf of a friend, Christine Reardon, I am trying to contact a Captain MAX ASTORGA. He was employed by LAN Chile. He was in Manchester (U.K.) on a training course in 1966. He has more than likely retired by now. Any news from him or about him will be welcomed. PM me and I will pass on any information. Many thanks for any information.

Ian Wall

MerlintheWizard
21st Feb 2007, 19:00
I had the privilege to fly 767s with him long time ago an i still keep in touch with him
he retired from lan chile about 5 years ago and started his own bussines in the hospitality sector with great succes and wrote a few books about aviation,but he could not resist the call from aviation and went back as an sfi for lan chile in santiago and miami on the 767
a gifted aviator and true gentleman,one of the few in latin america that you could take his word to the bank
his pm
[email protected]
hope it helps
cheers

sequ
12th Mar 2007, 16:53
I have known ¨Don Max¨ as we all call him for four years now. Last October I recieved my Base Training and Base Check Ride with him as my instructor for my Upgrade.

I am happy to say that he is doing great, enjoying sharing his vast experience and wonderful teachings and stories for many, many pilots during their recurrent or initial training.

Still transmitting his love of flying!!!

It´s an honor to be his student :)

SEQU