PDA

View Full Version : Faa Or Jaa In Nigeria

NG Boy
20th Feb 2007, 15:07
My guys, i am a nigerian with almost 170 hours doing FAA and will like to know whether the FAA license is still marketable in Nigeria. Otherwise, advise me if i should convert to the JAA please.

Secondly, what about job oppurtunities in Nigeria at the moment for freshers like me?

Thanks

B Sousa
20th Feb 2007, 16:20
As with most of the world there are a couple things you will need. One will be the African Experience, and the other will be Flight Experience. Both of those may keep you alive, but until you have a job and have the ability to shirtsleeve the guy in the left seat who has both of those items. The one that will keep you alive is the African Experience. There also, once your toes hit the ground, I suggest you stay in the shadow of someone who has been there for some time and knows "the way"
Africa is beautiful for sure, but the "African Experience" is all encompassing, health issues, living accomodations, transport.
As to your licensing, some here work there now and will no doubt fill in those blanks.
I can say that if you get an FAA CFI, many others over there with FAA Licenses are always looking for ride every two years to stay current.
Good Luck

LongJohnThomas
22nd Feb 2007, 13:12
I'm sorry, but i dont seem to see how you have helped the man here with your response.
NG boy, PM me.