PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Avgas 100LL in West Africa

Mo Noney
20th Feb 2007, 12:41
Hi everyone,

Anyone here happen to know where I can get hold of 10,000 litres of 100LL from somwhere along the W Coast.

It needs to end up in Cabinda, Angola, in order to support a BN2 operation.

Cheers,

unstable load
20th Feb 2007, 12:47
You may get lucky in Port Gentil or Libreville, but most likely in those quantities it will need to come up from Namibia or South Africa. The Namibians have a very nice set-up that is arefuelling station built into a 40 foot container that could serve your needs well. Not sure who you could contact, try BP or Shell Namibia.

Good luck!

Mo Noney
20th Feb 2007, 13:49
Thanks Unstable.........this is prooving more difficult than I first anticipated...:{

Sam Rutherford
22nd Jan 2013, 18:00
Any luck with this? We've had a supplier for the last 4 years who has just gone awol!

Dave Sharpe
29th Jan 2013, 10:01
Hi I have seen your post on fuel- there is a guy I know of who knows africa well and he will try to help you.--he has a couple of posts in...you know when you are in africa when....there is also an old thread in african Aviation titled,,,Andover/CC2 aircraft in africa...he has posted a reply to me there---Look for Mobutu..he also has a post about the Ex Raf andovers (XS606/646) in the Military aviation part..If you cant find him PM me ....

AviatorJack
29th Jan 2013, 16:56
As far as know, you'll be incredibly lucky finding avgas in Gabon. Since my first visit there in 2008 they have never had avgas. The piston aircraft sit there rusting away.

It depends what your routing is, departure point?

Sam Rutherford
30th Jan 2013, 07:16
We have avgas in Gabon, trying to find a new supplier for Cabinda!

AviatorJack
30th Jan 2013, 11:22
Well that's good news then. It will be handy if anyone asks me. Haven't been down to FOOL for a while now. Anything new?

Where would the AvGas be available on the airport? From the aero club area next to Solenta?

Sam Rutherford
6th Feb 2013, 12:20
From our agent there, but please check with me (ideally a couple of weeks before) for stocks/reserving barrels.

fly-4-ever
30th Dec 2015, 16:32
Hi Guys

I have already been several times across W Africa.

If you are still looking for avgas in Gabon, Angola and Cameroun I might be able to help.

Cheers

Gaetano

Katamarino
4th Jan 2016, 14:21
There's a flying club in Abidjan who you could ask for some pointers.

Jumpindan
15th Jan 2016, 02:46
Hi,
My company uses UVair for our fuel contracting in w. Africa. They have been really helpful in finding and contracting both Jet-a and 100LL. If you call them at +01 866 882 4737, they will go out of their way to let you know if fuel is available. Just as a reminder, this time of year isn't bad, but fall is the rainy season and we often run into problems with heavily water contaminated fuel Sept-Dec. dan

jethro974
14th Mar 2016, 20:04
There's a flying club in Lome (DXXX) as well.