View Full Version : Ocean Airlines Italy

masterairwaybill
20th Feb 2007, 11:43
I see they have brand new website www.oceanairlines.com (http://www.oceanairlines.com) with some interesting characters in charge !!!!
They also have additional aircraft coming on stream in 2007 & 2008-another four B747-200F (from Air France) but dont see any mention of them in air cargo trade press.
Anybody know how they are doing as also see they are starting services to USA. Has this began ???

newscaster
21st Feb 2007, 16:42
I see they have dropped Lahore, Mumbai and Almaty.

masterairwaybill
23rd Feb 2007, 08:59
I wonder why all these points droppped.
Maybe there are some unhappy suppliers at these airports who have unresolved matters !!!!!
Why did they choose Bishkek when Almaty is a much better choice for tech or commercial business ???

newscaster
23rd Feb 2007, 16:34
I'm not sure if they ever got to start the Mumbai which was to be from Milan MXP in September 2006, there is no press relase for it in their website.

Alamty I recall had some issues with the company perhaps thats why they dropped it.

They also mention Washington starting from mid-Jan so it maybe on but is not showing in their route map, which maybe updated with summer schedule.

masterairwaybill
24th Feb 2007, 11:11
Believe Washington delayed because clearance not given by US Authorities planned now for March/April if they are lucky.
Curious to know how much flying they are doing-website shows schedule but also says it has three aircraft which is far too much for that operation. Must be doing a lot of ACMI flying or else they are on the ground a lot.
Financially dont know how they can make it with these aircraft , associated costs and market yields dont match unless you have 120% load factor !!!!

newscaster
10th Jun 2007, 13:55
They are back in Alamty and Lahore but dont show specific schedules for them, just state that flights to Shanghai and Hong Kong are routed via these cities, press realse states Lahore is a full cargo destination, Alamty and Bishkek might just be tech stops.

Washington expected to start this month.

FlyLowCost
14th Jun 2007, 20:07
Back from Munich Air Cargo Europe I saw their stand. New routes from September:

Washington (I think Dulles, not BWI)
Nagoya
Abu Dhabi
Luanda
Nairobi

I was told the fleet will go by March 2008 to 8 B747/200F. The 6 new planes should be ex AF.