PDA

View Full Version : GSM CC Survey 2007

Hombre
20th Feb 2007, 09:13
As I am a regular on the old Malaga (AGP) to Edinburgh (EDI) Flyglobespan.com (GSM) route each month, I am considering undertaking a "mystery shopper" type survey to ascertain the best CC on GSM, and indeed relieve the boredom of my 3 hour "commuter" journey (+/- 20 mins depending on head/tail wind of course!!).

After flying this route on average twice per month, for the last three years, I have my own ideas already but would welcome other nominations from other pax that travel with this airline regardless of route.

Those that are regulars already know that this is a great Scottish airline with excellent crew. But I thought it worthwhile to put a positive slant on this company especially when elsewhere on this Forum there has been a lot of negative issues raised vis a vis the running of the company.

I next fly out on Monday so intend to start survey then. At the end of the year long survey I promise to give an appropriate prize to the best CC..:ok:

nivsy
21st Feb 2007, 21:00
Dont really have much comment on the CC - I usually try and sleep - but it would be lovely to pull off the 737 600's and there seat trays held up with sticky tape and arm rests that come away in your hand - not forgetting the worn carpets and rather poor in flight food (compared to EZY on the GLA route) at least......:uhoh:

Hombre
23rd Feb 2007, 10:22
Nivsy, appreciate your feedback but I have not experienced what you have in last 3.5 years travelling with GSM: AGP/EDI. I always sit in emergency row over wing though, so warmish coffee due to being served last is my only gripe. CC'll get you fresh boiling water if you ask nicely though.;)

Tried EZY: AGP/Glasgow & AGP/Belfast few times. No comparison in my view esp travelling with children.........There is no herd mentality with GSM as everyone knows their seat position pre boarding. I also find GSM's planes cleaner..

GSM recently brought out hot "Panani" `[sic] Italian style sandwiches to complement usual chicken/bacon and Ploughman's offering. Worth a try.:ok:

Hombre
4th Mar 2007, 17:09
Ok, travelled AGP>EDI last Monday but with wife and kids this time so no more exit seats for me! Chose row 8 which was cramped but ok. Big "Ronnie" was in charge and led to very efficient service and I had the chance to buy some tax free goods this time. i.e. CC did not race down aisle as per usual.

Return trip: EDI>AGP on Friday which was eventful to say the least as my daughter was very unwell. Sod's Law it started early Friday morning and with a flight at 15:00 we were touch and go whether to risk it. She had very high temp/fever. We took the risk - afterall we were flying home - and got her somewhere peaceful to rest at the airport beforehand. Chose row 7 on the 737-600 which was big mistake as there is no window!! Check-in staff must keep it a secret:* However, Sara was in charge this time and I must say she was brilliant. It was a full flight but this was no impediment to the attention she gave my daughter and wife. 'Becca was unfortunately sick as well, half way through the flight, but we had sufficient sick bags and didn't spill a drop. 'Becca's temp raced again but Sara was on hand with ice pack and full pack of baby wipes without us even having to ask! Now that's what I call service!! When my wife took Becca to the toilet later, all CC at the rear made clear that if there was anything else they could do we were not to hesitate with the call button. 10 out of ten I say.

Managed to buy some fridge magnets also!!:ok:

nivsy
4th Mar 2007, 17:13
Buy the magnets? They should have at least given them to your poor daughter for nothing!;)

Credit where credit is due....well done GSM.

Yeah row 7 is a problem......if u wanna see out the windae.

Hombre
29th Mar 2007, 14:14
Took AGP>EDI flight on Tuesday and had a bit of an interesting time to be honest. Firstly, flight was delayed around one hour but as this is unusual I didn't care. Had booked my seat anyway so did not have to stand at check-in as usual - hence my good mood.

Once on board was greeted with seat covered in two jay-cloths. Previous adult passenger had apparently got carried away with his chewing gum and pasted it all over the seat!

There were four lady CC, which is one more than usual, and they all looked rather tired/jaded. No name badges apart from one: "Lorna".

Things went a tad downhill from then on. Young couple sat next to me who at first seemed very lovey dovey. Unfortunately, this quickly decended into minor tiff between them then floods of tears from BOTH parties. I had window seat so tried to interest myself in the cloud strata.

First service proceeded quickly although brownie points were lost when after serving the aforesiad couple the CC went straight to another row leaving me with my cash dangling. Never mind, this was soon rectified.

The second drinks/food service was sneaked in straight away then I didn't see all four CC until descent. No tax-free goods?? By this time it was clear the lady next to me had several mental health issues to deal with and her Spanish boyfriend clearly thought this was normal behaviour for Scottish gals.
Prior to descent I then had the bloke lying over the girl's knee sobbing quietly. His bald head rocking gently against my left thigh. Luckily I was wearing thick jeans! :{

Oh well, another eventful GSM commute. :hmm:

nivsy
29th Mar 2007, 17:18
Lovely story Hombre - and top marks for posting it (cos I know you kinda like GSM) and I try really hard to like them!

Hope your next flight goes a little smoother -oh btw does the return EDI-AGP early morning flight still route via GLA or has the time table changed for summer? (I use GLA not EDI). I just wish GSM would put the 800 series 737 back on the route quickly.

Nivsy

GSM SCOT
29th Mar 2007, 18:01
All the 737-800's will be based in GLA from 1st April and all flights now going direct, summer program kicking in. Only flight starting in EDI is a few BCN's.

Hombre
2nd Apr 2007, 14:40
Returned EDI>AGP on Friday. CC headed by the ever efficient Vicky, Louise assisting with another lady (at rear) but didn't get her name. Vicky was as great as ever. Got full service i.e. two separate drinks service plus tax free sales albeit she raced down aisle again. I am certain if they took their time they would achieve more tax-free sales.

The only funny thing was that the toilet-availability indicator which is positioned at the front of the cabin was confusing most of the holiday pax as they did not realise both toilets are at the rear on the 737-600.

Loved Vicky's explanation for the CC's 20 min break, as well - very professional!

PS We had a fantastic tail wind which pushed us all the way down to AGP. As some of the holiday pax didn't quite realise why we had to fly out into the Med and do a U turn.

Cheers peeps!:rolleyes: :ok:

pamann
4th Apr 2007, 11:37
Nice to see such nice comments but is this sort of thread really allowed? I mean some people mentioned personally may not appreciate their names being mentioned on such a publicly viewed website, even if in good context (assuming they are not aware of this).

TightSlot
4th Apr 2007, 22:03
It is slightly uncomfortable to read names, however, they appear to be first names only, and therefore, as far as I can see, the individuals are not identifiable from this (I think that makes sense)

Hombre
13th Apr 2007, 10:13
Thanks.

If I have to make any negative comments I'll mask the name, though.:ok:

Hombre
23rd Apr 2007, 10:52
OK, flew out AGP>EDI last Wednesday. CC were Niall (No2), the lovely Rebecca (No1) and another lady CC at the rear possibly Linn?
Service was once again excellent and I got the impression Rebecca was grooming the long-serving Niall for other things - possibly long haul??

Sat in not my usual seat row and didn't like it. Much prefer window seat to see what's going on but got piping hot cup of coffee though which is nice. Pretty heavy landing on NE runway but there you go. Probably an ex-navy pilot :E

Returned on quite empty flight Saturday afternoon, with Gillian (?), Tony (new boy) and Ashley at the rear, with bl**dy strong tail wind pushing us down all the way.

Two things I've noticed apart from the great service is that on the 737-600 most of the holiday pax get confused over the toilet-free indicator at the front of the cabin. Both toilets are at the rear but several pax still try and find the loo in the main front galley. Secondly, esp when on route to AGP when we have a good tail wind, a lot of the pax get noticeably wound up when we over-shoot the coast line before doing a huey (u-turn) back to runway 31.

Oh well the simple things in life always give you pleasure. Stay tuned for my next installment. :ok: