PDA

View Full Version : bring back ansett

chemical alli
18th Feb 2007, 23:54
so for all the whining,why not the pilots,engineers,hosties and baggage bring back this favorite institution.
why is it that everyone who worked for old reg never had a bad word to say?
instead of the pilots sinking 50g into trying to buy one percent of qf shares why not start small with one or two leased 767 or 737 aircraft and bring it back.i am sure with the general publics view of both j* and vb that you would at least get some punters to purchsae a ticket,on an airline where the pilot smiles the hosty smiles the engineer smiles and service is the same from any point of departure to arrival.just a pipe dream i know but what a thought.

2p!ssed2drive
19th Feb 2007, 00:11
I do like your thinking.

It takes alot of money to do that...

socks and thongs
19th Feb 2007, 00:31
I’ll buy a ticket on that.

I don’t expect any special lavatory services on my flight, just a smile. Last time I saw a QF flt attendant try to smile, she convulsed and began to dry retch.

I don’t want that.

VH-Cheer Up
19th Feb 2007, 00:34
Probably find many, many more tech crew willing to put $50k into QF than to put $50k into a startup.

However, if there's 1,000 of you with $50k out there, I have an excellent business plan which just needs $50M to guarantee a brand new domestic airline, with a genuine and valuable point of difference, for its startup and operation for the first year.

Any takers?

(BTW This does not constitute an invitation to invest)

priapism
19th Feb 2007, 00:44
How about an alliance with Tiger? Perhaps operating a full service airline between major capitols -with access for J/C pax to the S.Q lounges.

Could do some real damage there.

Plenty of ex Ansett crew out there who'd give it a shot.

Not me though!

Yon Garde
19th Feb 2007, 01:47
I am happy to be the Treasurer of Ansett mk. 3

I have taken the liberty of setting up a bank account in Nigeria to facilitate this. I need you to urgently transfer $50,000 each into this account for which I guarantee that I will refund at least US$1000000 once the airline starts up.

If you know of any other investors please forward on this email as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they will not want to miss out.

For up and coming pilots we are able to provide many, many jobs. We just need a training bond up front. No experience necessary as we will train you under the new MPL syllabus so you dont have any of those nasty GA habits.
Please send US$50,000 to be captain of US$40,000 to be co-pilot. We envisage operating the new Airbus B390 which is so secret, and you will be the first to fly it.

Please email me your banking/ credit card details ASAP.

wrongwayaround
19th Feb 2007, 01:56
well just sign me up.

here, take a hundred grand :ok:

VH-Cheer Up
19th Feb 2007, 02:01
Touché, Yon Garde...

Skystar320
19th Feb 2007, 02:57
Vh-Cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheer up mate, not the end of the world. PM that business plan i may have someone who will look at it very very closly from my previous posts

:O :O :O :O

scrambler
19th Feb 2007, 03:40
I am up for it.

Only if it is called "DG Airlines"

WilliamOK
19th Feb 2007, 04:03
Isn't Bob's grandsin trying to ressurect the Ansett name in Australian aviation already?

tinpis
19th Feb 2007, 04:19
Will they have the old reserve blocks so I can run my business interests and never have to fly?:hmm:

Aussie
19th Feb 2007, 05:04
Yeah count me in :ok:

Aussie

Victim Air
19th Feb 2007, 06:01
Ali and William
If I'm wrong please let me know. Reg Ansett founded the airline and his son Bob set up the rent-a-car firm.

chemical alli
19th Feb 2007, 06:19
typo amended sorry for the mistake reg, bob, martha and the muppets

Buster Hyman
19th Feb 2007, 09:41
Ahh, and if my Granny had wheels she'd be a wagon!

I'd love to see AN up there again Alli C. I would truly love to live in the past & enjoy it all again but, the past is where it remains.

It just wouldn't be the same. It'd be like having all your wedding photos lost & 6 years later, getting into all the clothes to take the photos again. People outside wouldn't notice a difference, but you'd always know its not the real deal.

If people truly wanted to recreate the feeling that was working for Ansett, I'd suggest you start your own airline with its own traditions.

:(

WilliamOK
19th Feb 2007, 10:22
ah yeah sorry it is reg lol, I wasn't thinking properly when I posted that (hard days work at school, doing advanced methods (algebra) in my head. LOL)

Eastwest Loco
19th Feb 2007, 10:32
Personally, I would install an extra staff member and pick up a load sheet in seconds.

A mate of mine (you know who you are!!!) is in a position to push just that.

A second full service carrier. I will annoy the shizenhauser out of him tomorrow.

If they get treated fairly there is a good chance the pilots may just be able to build something of quality as the high dollar end of town is over the poduct that is out there now.

A good quality carrier will rock. Mainline QF is good quality in my humble opinion, but everything needs a crosscheck and an equal.

We do not need to bring back Ansett, much as they were a personal favourite despite years of fighting them for passengers in the days when 1% of market was a major gain. I would prefer a lean mean East West model with full service and the best of the best.

I can dream I suppose.

Best all

EWL

TAC inop.
19th Feb 2007, 10:49
....but dont the KIWOKS own the name now?

Eastwest Loco
19th Feb 2007, 11:03
Probably TAC, but the theory is the same. Not important apart from a marketing vehicle.
The majority of LCC passengers cannot get their heads around the fact that Jetset and Jetstar are different entities.

This includes intelligent business owning mates of mine.
You could comfortably use Bob Newhart's "Grace L Ferguson Airlines and Storm Door Company" as a name and operate a DC1 and get traffic if your marketing was up to scratch.

Qantas probably still have the Air Australia name locked up as TAA/Australian had that locked away.

East-West is no longer relevant as it referred to the original plans of our great little airline that actually never occurred at start up. There is an Indian carrier of that name now anyway.

It aint the name, it's the way you play the game.

Full service IATA carrier needed. We are over the cardboard cutouts.

Apply within.

Best all

EWL

TurbTool
19th Feb 2007, 11:18
Too late she cried. If you take a look inside the flight operations management at J* you will find that ansett already lives. A new empire has emerged.

According to inside sources, the recreation of that once great airline is well and truly underway. Minus the good T&C's for pilots of course. But don't let that spoil a great rise from the ashes.

Eastwest Loco
19th Feb 2007, 11:31
That is the ride we all want TurbTool.

Do not get in the way of the stampede. Those in LCCs that loved their full service airline will be heading back to a full service carrier at mach 3, if it is shown to be viable.

I would love to end my working years with an airline to hang my hat on.

It leaves a void when you love the one you are with rather than being with the one you love. Hollow is not a good feeling, but many of the current generation would not understand that.

When your 7 year old son explains to a slightly paniced grandmother that the howling roar the 146-300 made on downwind was a harmonic created by the changing shape of the gap between the flap and the wing as they deployed you realise there is no hope for you or indeed him. Infected.

The look of amazement and the following smile on the little old lady's face was priceless as was the moment. An airline brat had an airline brat of his own doing. Two actually.

Are we having fun yet? Let's hope so.

EWL

Elroy Jettson
19th Feb 2007, 12:00
Wasnt AN for sale for a dollar? Maybe we can ask Korda Mentha to put it back on the market for maybe twice that? :}

Eastwest Loco
19th Feb 2007, 12:04
I'll go $20 Elroy.

If it includes the 146-300 parked at MEB I am there. You 146 endorsed? I need to get her home!!

EWL

Howard Hughes
19th Feb 2007, 20:14
Reckon you could pick that 146 up pretty cheap if you really wanted it!;)

Wouldn't mind seeing them flying in the Eastern States again, but didn't somebody already try that? A full service airline using clapped out buckets of crap.

Like EWL says though, I guess it's all about the marketing and thats where I think the other mob let themselves down....:ok:

Animalclub
19th Feb 2007, 23:20
Didn't someone in TSV start or is going to start an Ansett Airlines? I understand the name is registered.

VH-Cheer Up
20th Feb 2007, 00:01
Quite a lot of Ansetts in various stages of registration or deregistration, according to ASIC:

ANSETT LIMITED
ANSETT ALBURY
ANSETT AUSTRALIA LIMITED
ANSETT AUSTRALIA
ANSETT AVIATION PTY LTD
ANSETT ENERGY LIMITED
ANSETT ENTERTAINMENT PTY LTD
ANSETT FINANCE LIMITED
ANSETT INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
ANSETT LINK
ANSETT TELEVISION PTY LTD
ANSETT TRAVEL PTY. LTD.
THE ANSETT SPACESHIP
ANSETT AIRWAYS LIMITED
ANSETT CARTS PTY. LIMITED
ANSETT HOLDINGS LIMITED
ANSETT HOMELOANS PTY LIMITED
ANSETT AIRCRAFT FINANCE LIMITED
ANSETT AVIATION EQUIPMENT PROPRIETARY LIMITED
ANSETT CAR DETAILING
ANSETT EQUIPMENT FINANCE LIMITED
ANSETT INTERNATIONAL COURIER
ANSETT TRAVEL SERVICE
CAR DETAILING ANSETT
ANSETT & HAINES PTY. LTD.
ANSETT EXHIBITION SERVICES
ANSETT PIONEER COACHLINES PTY LTD
ANSETT PLUMBING SERVICES
ANSETT REGIONAL AIRLINES PTY LTD
ANSETT TRANSPORT INDUSTRIES LIMITED
COLES ANSETT TRAVEL PTY LTD
ANSETT AIR COURIERS PTY LTD
ANSETT AUSTRALIA HOLDINGS LIMITED
ANSETT BREWARRANA HOLDINGS PTY LTD
ANSETT KNITTING MILLS PROPRIETARY LIMITED
ANSETT MOTOR AUCTIONS PTY. LTD.
ANSETT FLIGHT SIMULATOR CENTRE
ANSETT AIRLINES OF AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
ANSETT AVIATION ENGINEERING SERVICES
ANSETT RESOURCES & INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
ANSETT TRANSPORT INDUSTRIES (OPERATIONS) PROPRIETARY LIMITED
ANSETT WORLDWIDE AVIATION SERVICES PTY LIMITED
BOB ANSETT MARKETING SERVICES
COLES MYER ANSETT TRAVEL PTY. LTD.
ANSETT MOTOR AUCTIONS (VICTORIA) PTY. LTD.
ANSETT AUSTRALIA SOCCER CLUB INCORPORATED
BRITISH AEROSPACE-ANSETT FLYING COLLEGE PTY LIMITED
ANSETT AIRCRAFT SPARES AND SERVICES
TNT/ANSETT CHINESE JOINT VENTURE COMPANY PTY. LTD.
ANSETT AUSTRALIA AND AIR NEW ZEALAND ENGINEERING SERVICES LTD

Ansett Limited is now rejoicing in the name RMA GOLD AIRWAYS LIMITED.
Hmmm... Let's not go there.

As I recollect it, VH-RMA was a particularly fine 727 when she was silver, red and black. Those were the days. She was golden, philosophically speaking, but she was never gold.

Switching to nostalgia mode.
VHCU

Buster Hyman
20th Feb 2007, 00:17
HEY! I was abducted by the Ansett Spaceship!

Boy, was that a probing or what!!!!:}

BHMvictim
20th Feb 2007, 00:40
did it Bustyer Hyndman?:}

Buster Hyman
20th Feb 2007, 01:21
Probably. That might explain the two freckles!:} :ouch: :suspect:

Animalclub
21st Feb 2007, 00:48
HEY! I was abducted by the Ansett Spaceship!

Boy, was that a probing or what!!!!

Buster

Almost as bad as Bryan Grey's Air Niugini Submarine which made headlines in PNG many moons ago!

midsection
22nd Feb 2007, 05:30
Count me in any day. Better than the s#@t we put up with at the moment:ugh:

crocodile redundee
22nd Feb 2007, 06:17
Sir Peter Abeles will be turning in his grave knowing that his pet A320 "Spaceships" are being castigated by PPruner's. (Complete with fake Burr Walnut first class bulkheads which were EXACTLY the same look as the dash of the mighty 1966 HR Holden Premier!!!!!! Although the "Nautical Ships Cabin Clock mounted on the bulkhead was a nice touch)...... OHHHH, to see SPA seated in his favourite seat 1B sipping a brandy & coke & eyeing off the First class Cabin crew!!!!!! MEMORIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultralights
22nd Feb 2007, 06:43
a new Ansett would not be the 2nd full service airline, but the ONLY full service airline in OZ now...:}

amos2
22nd Feb 2007, 08:51
Well!...croc, you must be a real turkey!

When I heard that Ables carked it...I opened a bottle of Dom Perignon!!

dodgybrothers
22nd Feb 2007, 09:45
I'm pretty sure the 747s were spaceships and the 320s were skystars. Although I have been wrong before, or so I have been told.

Eastwest Loco
22nd Feb 2007, 09:56
Dodgy - the 743's were indeed introduced as Spaceships and the A320's as Skystars - hence the Deathstar tag that emerged after Air France frogged it completely at an airshow and Indian created aluminium confetti through ineptitude.

One of the most important days of my life was when I realised I had out lived Darth Abeles. Maybe "Deathstar" was a Freudian moment way ahead of its time. The escape pod did not work and the Bodgie couldn't legislate the inevitable away.

There is a window of opportunity for a new budget rather than LCC carrier to open with a full service product, and still sufficient edges to fly around, but that window is like the Genuine Persian rug outlet - closing soon and I doubt it will open again.

Pay attention "you know who" - I still haven't got that call!

Best all

EWL

Buster Hyman
22nd Feb 2007, 12:15
Yes, Abeles is gone...1 down, 2 to go...:suspect: