PDA

View Full Version : Where is Zimex Aviation?

Exzimpilexam
17th Feb 2007, 00:52
Previousl a player in the African, Far East, Middle East and North African scene, does anyone know where they are currently and if they are still hiring pilots?

poorwanderingwun
17th Feb 2007, 03:23
Why not ask them ?

bianchi
17th Feb 2007, 04:09
Poorwanderingwun ,please read the heading of this treat :

"Where is Zimex Aviation?".

Your reply to this was :

"Why don't you ask them yourself?":=

Maybe you should read the heading of this threat again and give ''the man" a constructive answer ??

Just a thought !!

bathtub200
17th Feb 2007, 05:03
Main headquaters are in Zurich.

MungoP
17th Feb 2007, 07:05
PWWs answer was pretty much spot on....anyone who can't think to type in Zimex into a search engine should expect no more...:ugh: Not the first time these pages have been asked futile Q's, the answers to which are readily in the public domain..

chopperkie
17th Feb 2007, 09:11
They fly in Algeria and Sudan as far as i know.Got 5 DHC6, 2 B190(3rd on the way) and 4 PC6's in Hassi Messaoud.And to say a hangar without any sides most of the time due to the wind!
Dont know bout Sudan though.

C:}

bathtub200
17th Feb 2007, 10:59
Zimex have huge operations in Angola and Saudi Arabia

B Sousa
18th Feb 2007, 00:07
www.zimex.ch

chuks
18th Feb 2007, 14:31
I just spoke with the Zimex man who does the hiring, as in 'two minutes ago.'

He said that they are open to discussion about what sort of experience they will accept. On the other hand, you must have a JAR CPL IR. For the Twin Otter you also need the MCC.

Right now they are in an expansion phase, so that this is the time to get that licence and go for it.

In my case I went from being very ex-Nigeria with every FAA licence known to man, all as useful as tits on a boar, to having a JAR-ATPL. All that took was lots and lots of work, time and money but there are ways to do it cheaper and easier than I chose. Get the writtens however you can bearing in mind that you need that basic licence under the same jurisdiction as for the writtens.

It would seem that jobs are out there right now for pilots with some basic experience and a JAR licence, not just airline jobs but also general aviation jobs.

Guys with Zimex seem to come in two basic flavours: 'old' guys like me with lots of time and young guys building time as pilots on Porters and Caravans or as F/Os on the Twotter.

The atmosphere is good, the equipment is good, Algeria seems to be okay and I am told Saudi is okay... what's not to like? You just have to bite the bullet and get that JAR licence first. There is life after Nigeria!

Exzimpilexam
25th Feb 2007, 02:57
I happen to know where they are in Europe having worked for them for some 13 years, I was interested to get persectives from any or all pilots who have had recent experience in any of the usual places Zimex operates since I am retiree thanks to the rigid JAA 65 rule. It would be nice to get the perspectives of the pilots not the sanitised version from the Flight Operations Manager. Heres hoping someone will take pity on the 'old' man.

jetjackel
25th Feb 2007, 14:05
My experience with Zimex is a bit dated, but a few years back I did an interview with Zimex while employed in Zurich with another company, for Otter Captain in Angola.

Discussion/interview was strange as I had extensive previous experience as both an Otter captain and operations in Angola.

The salary level was based on Otter experience and Angola experiece. Due to "no experience in Otter in Angola". I was offered the lower salary as "no experience 'operating' the Otter in Angola". Rather amteurish attitude.

Seemed to me they had the attitude of paying as little as possible in what was not exactly a low risk environment.

Also found the interview atmosphere icey, as the group I interviewed with seemed threatened by my experience on both light and heavy aircraft.

Didn't pursue it.