PDA

View Full Version : Missing in Mauritanian Sahara

TeeS
16th Feb 2007, 19:31
Sorry, know this is wrong thread but would be grateful if mods could leave it for 48 hours to get through to as many as possible. We have just completed Sahara crossing to Nouakchott, a car from one of the other groups has been missing for 33 hours. Not sure what the SAR facilities are like in the area but would like contact details for air assets in the area in case we need to go looking.

Difficult to get internet access in the area but will try and check responses in the morning.

Thanks

TeeS

Solid Rust Twotter
16th Feb 2007, 20:32
French military may have an Atlantique they could task. They keep a couple in and around West Africa.

froggy_pilot
16th Feb 2007, 20:42
check the flight school on Nouakchott airport, there are some private planes overthere, if you pay they might be able to help, or to give you some good advices

Bristow has got 2 helicopters in Nouakchott for an oil company, the chief pilot is french.

I have a friend in Nouakchott who has an hotel, El Amane hotel, on the main avenue from the airport (right hand side), ask for Albert, his has been there for so many years, he might give you good advices

i know that french military have aircraft in Dakar, Senegal, try this also.

Good luck

Stayinalive
16th Feb 2007, 21:17
Check PM's

froggy_pilot
19th Feb 2007, 22:12
Any Good News From Your Friends ?

Mo Noney
20th Feb 2007, 12:33
Sander Geophysics have a couple of Caravans in the El Meriti reigon, currently doing surveys, maybe they could help.

TeeS
22nd Feb 2007, 15:38
Thanks for the responses guys, we were told the night that I posted that the team had been located and were being brought out so we continued our trip south. I couldn't get to internet contact until now, but it was only yesterday that we were informed that they had not been found for some considerable time. One of their other team members had hired an aircraft I believe.

Sorry not to have got back with more info quicker but we have only just got to The Gambia and found connection to the outside world!

Thanks again, I believe all are safe, you prob have better info from News of the World than from me.

Cheers

TeeS

PS Staying in the Kombo Beach for a couple of Nights if anyone is around.

Tony Stevens

putt for dough
22nd Feb 2007, 15:50
Glad all are safe.
Hey, isn't the president of the Gambia the dude
that has been splashed all over the world press stating
that all he needs to cure a person with HIV, are a few oils followed
by a masssage from him?

He would be well suited with our beloved Health minister
Dr Manto Shabalala Mtsimang :E
a few oils a massage and beetroot what more could they want? :O

froggy_pilot