PDA

View Full Version : VIPA

Mud Skipper
16th Feb 2007, 05:16
So any comments from this article posted yesterday on Tips and Rumours at Crikey.
Pilots are about to go on strike. After two years of negotiations the pilots rejected an offer from the company for work rules including seven day weeks, 13 hour days without breaks, and an effective pay cut. The pilots are in the process of withdrawing from the Australian Federation of Pilots as their representation and setting up their own internal union called VIPA: Virgin Independent Pilots Association.
Crikey, would it not be better if they could just form as a branch of AIPA, united we stand RA RA RA.....

If AIPA is offering to represent Jetstar pilots why not also include Virgin?

hotnhigh
16th Feb 2007, 08:39
Because the VIPA group may have far greater force backing them than AIPA.
Interesting, this worldwide aviation game!

Mud Skipper
16th Feb 2007, 16:25
Interesting indeed, whould have thought unity was a far greater force all the same.

No worries mate
17th Feb 2007, 07:40
It will be a big blow the the AFAP if the lose the DJ drivers.

newsensation
17th Feb 2007, 20:09
Remember what happened when the Eastern Pilots tried to form their own Group, the AFAP joined hands with Eastern Management and took the matter to court. Management would only deal with the AFAP as they were the respondents to the Award.

Grivation
17th Feb 2007, 23:42
I believe they now represent one-third of the pilot body.

Yusef Danet
20th Feb 2007, 01:47
They have my support, the AFAP has become little more than a purveyor of very expensive little black diaries.

Mr.Buzzy
20th Feb 2007, 05:48
Likewise!

Talk about them being a toothless tiger!

The Victorian health workers and Ambos unions managed to achieve in 3 hours what the feds have taken 2 years!

Hawke and his cronies did a great dental job on them during "that year". Why they are still around has me f*&ked!

bbbbbbbbzzzzzbringbackthebiffbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz