PDA

View Full Version : 737 charter rough cost and who to use

cjuk28
15th Feb 2007, 19:08
Hi all
can anyone give me a ball park figure for a private charter 737 or similar from Doncaster to Cardiff first thing in the morning and back early evening the same day 1st April 2007 (not a joke either)
Also if you could point me in the diretion of who to contact?
Cheers
Carl

bacardi walla
15th Feb 2007, 20:01
Try contacting European Aviation, Titan, BA, Jet2, Air Partner, Chapman Freeborn.

boredcounter
16th Feb 2007, 09:53
'can anyone give me a ball park figure for a private charter 737 or similar'

How many pax?

If you do not find a based a/c, you will pay for all the empty flying as well. This could easily double the bill and lead to a two full crew op, adding surface transport costs.

As a ball park figure, in 2002, I was selling 737-500 aircraft to other airlines at a rate of GBP1950-2150 per block hour / 114 seats. They paid for all costs other than Aircraft, Crew, Insuranse and Maintenance (ACIM) on all sectors. even empty.
Fuel burnt was about 2 tonnes per hour, and all other associated costs will be factored in, landing fees, handling fees, Nav fees etc, all the way down to Crew per diems, would be factored into your quote.

If you charter as Joe Public, you will pick up all costs in one single quote, hence how many pax. I doubt any airline would deal direct, so off to a broker you go, add their commission and cancellation fees should you back out for whatever reason.

My guess, not knowing the passenger aircraft market anymore, 15k-20k min.
bottm line, based on 4 block hours.

Next guess

Bored

Mr Angry from Purley
16th Feb 2007, 17:07
Bored - if the route had been SEN-CWL then it would have been a april fools joke there's no way the shrimpers would ever get to CWL (presuming visit to Millenium Stadium) :\

boredcounter
17th Feb 2007, 02:33
A touch harsh on the boys there I feel.

The Mighty Shrimpers know the way to the (jinxed) Millenium Stadium only too well.

Just they always come second :{

Still, now you have upset me, I am sure Tuesday will cheer me up again :D

Bored

cjuk28
17th Feb 2007, 08:15
hi
got a quote for a bae146 80pax for £25k a little steep at £311.25 each
any ideas of anyone nearer to doncaster to save on positioning charges

Suppers Ready
17th Feb 2007, 10:22
I think you may have a problem as it's Easter. The majority of UK a/c will be fully utilised. Anything that's left over will not be cheap! You could try Air Charter, Pure Aviation,1st Charter.
Good Luck
SR

jumpseater
17th Feb 2007, 19:16
Try Thomson. They have based aircraft there, and whilst not the best time of year it may be worth asking, on the basis of dont ask, dont get. Other option maybe a Eastern Barbiejet from Humberside, but obviously with less pax.