PDA

View Full Version : EK: Goodnight and Good Luck!

Alan Squeely
15th Feb 2007, 14:23
A fond farewell to the good people left in EK, I'M OUT OF HERE!

Best of luck with those who still have to put up with the arrogance and hubris of a management that is way out of touch with reality. Last training Captain's meeting advised that the B777 was 50 training captains short of requirements...I wonder why? :ugh:

Had to laugh at the latest piece of US propaganda...the return of Captain America...tell me..what is the concierge floor???

Honestly though, there are some good people left in the sandpit, my best wishes to all of you, and I hope your opportunity to escape presents itself soon!!!

Goodnight and Good Luck! (Apologies to Ed Murrow)

donpizmeov
15th Feb 2007, 18:17
Well it would seem that you are not alone. I was throwing out some junk today and came across the newsletter from March 2006. It states all the nationalities of pilots and also mentions that we numbered 1430. That kinda got me thinking, as the Dec 2006 newsletter said we had recruited 380 pilots for the Fin year (01 Apr 06 thru 31 Mar 07). Now I know the guys recruited in FEB and March aren't on the seniors list yet, but with the current total showing a bit under 1630, it would seem that the number that left would be around 100 to 150ish (allowing for new guys in Feb and March). Pretty close to 7 to 10%.

Good luck to ya Al. Hope the move works out for you.

Don

Payscale
15th Feb 2007, 19:08
Conciege floor is for the selected few special guest....
Dude are you not on the conciege floor?? hmm...you must have p---ed the conciege off on your last Accra flight :ouch:

White Knight
15th Feb 2007, 19:17
Good luck Mr Squeely...

Is Concierge Floor a Boeing thing:confused: I only know Alpha Floor - from the sim, naturally:p

Check 'Six'
15th Feb 2007, 20:38
All the best to you Squeely!

Well done for getting out of this place. I must admit I do envy you.

I'm looking forward to heading out myself.

Goodnight and Good Luck. :D

Check Six.:ok:

Trashed Aviator
16th Feb 2007, 00:51
Im interviewing for a base job as we speak.....................

vbrules
16th Feb 2007, 02:21
Its simple; Australasia base and I will work out my days with EK. No base or at least a viable commuting roster with confirmed 1st seats each way I'm gone.
I see on the portal another 3 Captains resigned in February. Last month 3 (that I know of) resigned and they did not show as RG on the portal. Resignations therefore are running at a rate of at least 3 Captains per month (3 of the 6 above were instructors).
And they think 6% will fix it?:ugh:

L1011
16th Feb 2007, 06:18
VB I am with you. Eastward and westward bases will see most of us stay until 60 at least. Commute rosters will do in the short term, but only for a few more years - the body is aging fast.
Hear that the much missed 'factoring' ( should be spelled f#cktoring) is due back, or else they will be parking airplanes.:{
How to mess up a fine airline in four short years.

Check 'Six'
16th Feb 2007, 08:29
Commuting with at least 12 days off a month plus you can use your leave days on either side, would make it acceptable. A basing would be perfect! Possibly a combination of both.

I am looking into this as we speak. If I get 4weeks on and two weeks off? Then arriverdeci emirates. It's simple! Fed up living here. The expiry date has come and gone a long time ago.

6% doesnt come anywhere close to what it should be. Plus the training pay scheme is taking far too long to materialize! Which all indicate to me that this airline is not serious about retaining pilots and instructors.

Smoke and mirrors doesnt work anymore. Money talks and we all know what walks? Plus quality of life. And it's time for me to take the Family back home. This is not my home and NEVER will be. Living in transit for the last thirteen years has taken it's toll! Besides there are enough new guys and gals who are happy to be here. Good for them, I was happy to be here once too!

Check Six

uplock
16th Feb 2007, 09:23
Check Six you make a valid point when you say Besides there are enough new guys and gals who are happy to be here. Good for them, I was happy to be here once too!

One reason why Senior Management do not apply any factoring or weight to guys who have been here and put in their time.

Strange you would think that experience and company loyalty would some how be rewarded.

The Company is Hemmorging Experienced Captains and Training Guys and still can not produce a Training Pay Scheme or Revised Utility Allowance.

The silence is becoming deafening, can not recall the last time we had a Pow Wow with the Big Chiefs present.

Check 'Six'
16th Feb 2007, 11:23
Uplock, you are so right about your statements.

Their silence is a result of the last meeting we had with them. Them being Adel and TCK. They got it with both barrels and rightly so. On many issues.

They would'nt dare call a general pilot's meeting now because they are too sh** scared of what the response will be this time round. So instead they select a few pilots, call a meeting and then Adel has separate meetings for only the Nationals. What does that tell us?

As a matter of fact, the one and only meeting that was a success was the one held with Tim Clark and Maurice. It was the only meeting that produced a positive outcome and a positive atmosphere. But I sadly suspect that those days are gone.

No back bone, just some spineless attempts at trying to BS their way round a spiraling situation. That we are going to and have already started parking aeroplanes is another story. They are now desperately looking for ways to conduct training. eg. via BA, Alteon, etc... Costing them huge money. But why should they have listened years ago when we told them about pay and conditions for both the line pilots and trainers? Arrogance and Greed! Now it's here! And it's biting them in the Rump!! Ha ha, putting it mildly.

What a pity! Great potential, but no follow through! Only threats, FCI's and bla bla bla bla!

Even if we had a union they could'nt have organised this screw up better than these guys have. And they have done it all by themselves, to themselves. Without any assistance. There is a lot more to this life and this job than accomodation provided and school fees paid for. Good Luck and Goodnight EK! Very well put Squeely! And once again, WELL DONE!:ok:

CHECK SIX:cool: