PDA

View Full Version : QF Screws last Sydney HM engineers

No SAR No Details
15th Feb 2007, 08:07
Rumour has it that Qantas HR has attempted to screw the wages of the last Sydney Heavy Maintenance Lames before it forceably retrenches them in a few weeks. I've heard that it is to force them to leave early so the next round of workplace reform can go ahead.
What is their real agenda?

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
15th Feb 2007, 18:32
rumor has it that once the last of these employees is gone a new labour hire company will start work in H245,and there it is WORK CHOICES,you can come work for as or leave the industry you have a choice:confused:

domo
15th Feb 2007, 22:52
sad that a company as big as qantas could not make room for a handful of workers. these guys were loyal to qantas now they are no longer required. its a sad day for us all.

Toolman101
16th Feb 2007, 06:00
It's all a question mind over matter

They don't mind and you don't matter

Welcome to Johnny Howard's brave new world:sad: The AWA's in the new work choices legislation will mean unless you have a particular unique skill you will be paid slave wages.

Still if APA gets the go a head GD and the rest will be rolling in the big bucks. what the old saying about feathering your own nest:rolleyes:

airsupport
16th Feb 2007, 07:58
If this is true, it is really disgusting.

Then after doing this, I guess QF will send even more work offshore, claiming that they do not have the staff in Australia to do the work.

No SAR No Details
16th Feb 2007, 20:28
A mate saw an email from one of them during the week. It appears that Qantas is not only hell bent on moving work away from it's own employees, whether that be overseas or to labour hire within australia it is also reducing it's numbers in quality assurance which then reduces the ability to oversee and control what is happening to the fleet. I guess QA saw too much in Singapore.

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
22nd Feb 2007, 17:58
it is a shame that such a large issue of 400 engineers being made redundent,has had 5 replyies ,i suppose it is a sign of the times,Howards world- F@CK you jack i'm right:ok:

Ultralights
22nd Feb 2007, 22:05
is it just me, or when anyone looses a job at QF, made redundant or whatever, its always Howards fault?:hmm: no matter what govt is in power, its Dixon and his plan thats responsible for the job losses.. all part of the QF big low cost picture. sack em all, start j* on much lower T&C's rebrand J* to QF whan all is done and finished. all maint work will be outsourced, Qf has a much lower cost base and no maint staff to make the books look bad.
i cant believe some are still working there, i and many other saw the writing on the wall 7 yrs ago, funnily enough, when the engineers were walking out over job security way back then, not a word of encouragement or help from any other employee group withing the company :rolleyes: from that time on, you have all been victims of the dixon master plan with no form of defence, divide and concur, we were divided from the start, and the inevitable has happened, nothing to do with any govt.....

Redstone
22nd Feb 2007, 22:43
Ultralights, Dicko and his stooges may have pulled the trigger, but it was John Howard and the Federal Liberal party who loaded the gun and put it in his hands.

Make no mistake, the ammendments to the Work Place Relations Act that was given the warm and fuzzy name of "Work Choices" is an abomination the effects of which will be felt for years to come.

The rumour about H245 has been floating around for a while, is there any new developments? Someone has to know something.

Fliegenmong
22nd Feb 2007, 23:31
True - Howards Government enabled them to do this. By extension, we, the Aust electorate, efffectively allowed them to do this when we handed them control of the senate, unopposed they went right ahead to give big business what they wanted. Never heard the Business council of Austraia complaining that 'Work [I]no[I] choices' didn't go far enough, ever wonder why??:{ :ugh: :yuk: