View Full Version : Business Jet B1 B2 Engineers in the Middle East

mafibacon
14th Feb 2007, 10:26
Has anyone got any info on the going rate for Business jet G4/5 Falcon 900 sized aircraft in the Middle East?
MB

Jusdoit
14th Feb 2007, 12:47
Hello,

I'm a FAA A&P working in Egypt. I made a reversible error of moving here without a job, and after being hired by a local airservice handler I'm making below the poverty limit for my country:bored: . I have worked on a G550 while being here.

However, if one would get hired by an airservice provider in Dubai, or the Emirates, the pay and benefits are significantly more than I'm making now. I'm sorry I can't give you exact figures.

Given what I've said you can, quite rightly, infer that conditions of employment vary depending on where you are, and what company you work for.

I should have gotten a job with a company that has a contract to work in the Middle East, before moving here.

Other than the pay and benefits though, I love living here, the people I have met are wonderful, and the weather is wonderful for most of the year. I am making the most of being here, life is good:ok: .

However, I am open to receiving opportunities for advancement. I hope your search is successful, and I'll keep you in mind if I hear anything.

Cheers.

mafibacon
15th Feb 2007, 06:17
Thanks for that Justdoit.
When making reference to the ME I believe most folk automatically think of the 'Gulf'. There are other places!
I am in fact looking to find out what to pay these engineers, if they come.

A PM will do if you feel constrained to post the numbers.
MB

wrenchbender
16th Feb 2007, 20:17
A good Engineer is paid at least as much as a pilot. If the Engineer is Avionics qualified, he usually gets 1.5 times that! :)