PDA

View Full Version : Mail Run.

novicef
14th Feb 2007, 10:07
I’m trying to get a parcel up to Durham Downs, is there a company that has taken over the Mail Run out of Adelaide?

Pseudonymn
14th Feb 2007, 10:42
If it is the old ASA mail run out of Port Augusta, it is now run by WestWing Aviation in Mt Isa. They have a pilot & plane based in Port Augusta for this purpose.

185skywagon
14th Feb 2007, 23:02
Pretty sure that Durham gets their Mail by Road from Thargomindah QLD. They may get mail from Ballera Gas Centre as well. Ballera gets daily Jet flights from BNE.

Desert Flower
15th Feb 2007, 02:19
Durham Downs is DEFINITELY one of West Wing's stops.

DF.

disco_air
15th Feb 2007, 10:13
I can take it there. But it'll cost ya :E

PM me.

By the way, Durham ONLY get mail via Leigh Creek Private Mail Bag, their outgoing QLD mail goes via Birdsville unless someone goes to town.

...disco

Pseudonymn
15th Feb 2007, 10:52
Hey Disco, I heard you had a very interesting charter last night! :ok:

185skywagon
16th Feb 2007, 00:55
Beaver,
Tanbar then?

disco_air
16th Feb 2007, 10:03
not last night, the night before.... wasnt as interesting as i'd hoped! :} :=

Desert Flower
22nd Feb 2007, 22:17
The young fella, one Disco Air, notched up a year's worth of mail runs this week. Well done!

DF.

disco_air
22nd Feb 2007, 22:46
Thats 50 mail runs, too. Every week, for a year, minus 2! :ouch:

...disco

tlf
23rd Feb 2007, 00:32
With all due respect, if I'm not mistaken you guys are only doing half mail runs these days aren't you?

Or do you go all the way if you'll pardon the expression :)

disco_air
23rd Feb 2007, 00:46
Well if you call 'half' mail runs anything less than the old ASA run, then yes.

Furthest north is Glengyle, which is only 45 mins flight from Boulia, so it aint that much less :=

apache
23rd Feb 2007, 01:39
ahhh yes. 45 mins from Boulia, but there are a few more stops to it too.

Sunday used to be BOULIA-SANDRINGHAM-BEDOURIE-GLENGYLE-DURRIE-ROSEBERTH-BIRDSVILLE then onwards south.

dunno how it is structured now. I only did it 48 times... and broke down 3 or 4 times.

disco_air
23rd Feb 2007, 01:42
yes, well the only stops not on the run now are Boulia, Sandringham and Bedourie so.... :}

tinpis
23rd Feb 2007, 01:56
Jesus wept ...48 mail runs?:ooh:

Dubya
23rd Feb 2007, 03:21
Apache.... remember the days of the Garlic XXXX....

How go's it yesterday??

tlf
23rd Feb 2007, 03:53
Do you still get a snack at Durrie?

That was always nice of them I thought.

morno
23rd Feb 2007, 08:34
Disco, I did about 1/8 of the mail run for you one time as well remember, ;)

Pinky the pilot
23rd Feb 2007, 10:15
48 mail runs
I did only 36 runs as second Pilot, some with Apache and enjoyed the run, the Garlic Bread at the Boulia Pub, and shared more than a few bottles of good Aussie Red on the Saturday evening with Apache and a few other ASA Pilots.(What you up to these days Mango?):ok: :ok:
Only wish I'd been able to finally get the PIC slot. It was supposed to happen, but 'Murphy' had other ideas.:{ :mad:

I'd still like to know why the run does'nt go the extra 10 minutes north to Bedourie!! We always got mail from there for BDV and PAG.

apache
23rd Feb 2007, 20:06
Dubya... I have sent you an email . You're not still upset that i charged them GB's to your room are ya ?

does the run still stop at Pandie Pandie as well ?

tlf
23rd Feb 2007, 20:32
And how about Alton Downs?

disco_air
24th Feb 2007, 02:53
uh...perhaps I should have phrased it the only stops not on the BOULIA-SANDRINGHAM-BEDOURIE-GLENGYLE-DURRIE-ROSEBERTH-BIRDSVILLE run are BOU/SAG/BIE.

Alton Downs not on run, nor Mulka, Arrabury or Moolawatana. They all decided they would get their mail by other means :confused:

Manager of Glengyle said to me last week that when Bedourie didnt want the service any more, they hung onto it because of times when theyre cut off (until this week, they were for a couple of weeks)

Pandie is a stop but havent been there in the last couple of weeks cos the young fella would rather an excuse to take the Jabiru into town to get it :ok:

Many stations under new management now, Durrie included, but mostly all friendly still! :)

And morno yes full credit for your 1/8th mail run slash rescue mission from Cordillo Downs. Im sure you'd have rathered sitting in the aircon waiting for allied health to finish up but oh well :}

and yes, there's still plenty of water around up there :ok:

...disco

morno
24th Feb 2007, 05:56
Hey that was my claim to fame disco, doing 1/8th of the mail run, :ok:.

But yes, you did ruin a good movie, :*.

morno

tlf
24th Feb 2007, 20:29
Would I be correct in assuming the run is no longer RPT?

Desert Flower
24th Feb 2007, 21:50
"Would I be correct in assuming the run is no longer RPT?"

No, it is still RPT. Some of the station folk just don't get that concept though, & want the plane to land at strips that aren't up to RPT standards. They get told very politely "Sorry, no can do."

DF.