PDA

View Full Version : What wet????

the wizard of auz
14th Feb 2007, 04:32
Da riba bin gone dry and dat sun bin blurry ot. no clouds cummin dis way.
dem queensland mob bin steal our wet.
Where the hell is it?. surely three days aint all we going to get..:uhoh: :hmm: :rolleyes:

morno
14th Feb 2007, 08:47
Don't worry Wiz, here in the Isa and even most of the Gulf, hasn't had much the last couple of weeks either!

Bring it back, :(

the wizard of auz
14th Feb 2007, 08:54
you mob in the city did this. Burning all that fossil fuel and stuff. (Must be a bugger stuffing a dinosour bone in ya tank). ya all stuffed the ozone layer and now we got no rain. bloody city folk............. and queenslanders for stealing the little bit of rain we should have got.

Pinky the pilot
14th Feb 2007, 09:53
Wiz; You could always try what some mob did in Victoria a number of years back. A group of local Women organised a rain dance....in ..er...a certain state of (un)dress!!:eek: :E :cool:
I would however, advise strongly against any group of Pilots trying such an effort. Probably frighten the bejaysus out of the wildlife.:yuk: Or the locals would die laughing!!

sprocket
14th Feb 2007, 10:47
Hey wiz bloke, dat bluddy wet belong us enyway. :}

tinpis
15th Feb 2007, 00:17
Bloody grim here dat fer sure

I'll bet the Nannas in the guvmint here gotta water restriction bill poised ready to jam through.:mad:

Delta
15th Feb 2007, 08:23
old cuntanurra dry as hell too bra.....must bee em mob from ober the ranges in da mulla forgot to do im rain dance......???!!!!

the wizard of auz
16th Feb 2007, 00:56
Tru aye. muss be some compensation dat gummint bloke can get us aye?.
blue sky here....... not a cloud and a balmy 35 at the moment......... 36% humidity.......... not gunna hold my breath any more.
I think I might just work on the tourist hype about the dry is early and its fine up here........... come on up!!!

tinpis
16th Feb 2007, 01:43
Yeh Mr Wiz wat we gunna do mate? http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/cannibal.gif
No traditonal helicopter ride off the top of a hill/tree/roof this year and no new fridge an furnish and free house paint and clean eh? :(

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th Feb 2007, 02:17
I have a Wet Season that I am thinking of posting on eBay to get rid of it!

Have been trying to bitumen a carpark since before Xmas - need only 2 dry days to get it done.

FTDK:cool:

2p!ssed2drive
16th Feb 2007, 02:22
wi got nun dat rane dat wata de long grass eh? we got now sit on de ded grass n trink der red can:}

Ultralights
16th Feb 2007, 02:28
i blame all dem country folk who have been choppin and killin all dem trees! millions of acres of nothin but flat dirt... that used to be rain makin forest

the wizard of auz
16th Feb 2007, 02:41
Gotta blame some bugga.........but sure as hell wasn't me!!!

2p!ssed2drive
16th Feb 2007, 03:26
settle this over a nice can of...

http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/emu_export/logo_emuexport.jpg

sprocket
16th Feb 2007, 11:12
Hang in there wiz, still another couple months left for the real wet to show itself.

Ultralights
16th Feb 2007, 23:10
good to see im not the only one predicting (hoping) for a late start to the real summer, not just this luke warm period we are having..... global warming... pffft...

'aveagoodknight
18th Feb 2007, 03:41
I can at least speak for Darwin and say that I've perused my home rain charts for the last ##years and if it is some comfort, our unusually dry 'wet' so far will probably balance out over the next few weeks.

Hopefully by easter we should have something that resembles the average. So far I have 757mm since Oct 1st last year and historic figures to today (18 feb) have little bearing to the whole outcome for the Wet. Look at last year for example, by today we only had 900mm but thanks to nearly 500mm in March and that tart Monica visited in April, thus we finished up with a respectable 1800mm.

So I think my nice dry nights on tarmac are about to come to an end....

:ok:

Capt Wally
18th Feb 2007, 05:51
.......the wet storns are still about up nth(somewhere), just that it pours but rarely reaches da ground................'cause sum budy lowered da earth ! :-)....shall we adjust the MSL ?....:)

capt wally........

Critical Reynolds No
18th Feb 2007, 08:07
Da wet happend to ta Melbourne mob. Mabe u fellas up top get it sumday soon?

the wizard of auz
18th Feb 2007, 08:49
Well, I hope we gunna get im soon... this to mush humbug waiting round ere.
Melbourne always rains........ them buggas get three wets a day.
I think we got nearly 50mm since december.......... all in one go. :hmm: :rolleyes: Nearly had to get under the ngyaili tree........ nearly

tinpis
18th Feb 2007, 21:04
Hah!....and Beety talking bout draining the rivers fer the mob down south ta waste,:D

Victim Air
19th Feb 2007, 06:07
Ober ere dat pukin ribber is risen, an Nell is rowen her bruddas Kebin an Lionel to dat pub again too eh

tinpis
22nd Feb 2007, 02:36
Haaaaayyy...wadeyah...gettin any onya wiz?

Puck'n big strom las nite bruzz.

the wizard of auz
22nd Feb 2007, 05:26
all gone round us ............puckin storms everywhere I wanna fly, none where I wanna siddown with a coldy. this stuff sh!ts me. I'm flying around the monster storms and they keep scarpering off to the uninhabited areas of the GAFA. :uhoh:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
23rd Feb 2007, 08:07
G'day Wiz,

Did a little trip for Angel Flite down to Denmark d'other day and....wait for it....actually flew thru / under a SHOWER on the way back!!

So, I tried to do the 'right thing', got out me old trusty tow rope / tie down stuff which is really l o n g enough to pull the 4WD, tied the cargo net into it and tried to lassoo that shower and tow it back........D'ya know that bloody rope just wasn't bloody l o n g enuf??

Disappointed???? WOT more can I say?????

Cheers:ok: :ok:

p.s. I see you had a 'n i c e'....42 deg today........How was the HUMIDITY???

the wizard of auz
24th Feb 2007, 00:19
humididty is a steady 85%. me lungs is rotting and getting mouldy. :}
Ya reckon that would inspire some rain, but noooooo, just helps with growing gills.
starting to get the odd build up....... and then it wanders off in someone elses bit of ground.
Hey griffo........empty ya PM box. I can't send ya a message. (you need to empty the deleted items box too)

OzExpat
24th Feb 2007, 07:56
So Wiz, what areya gunna do when there's not enough water to make more beer with? :eek:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Feb 2007, 13:28
De Box Has Bin emtied........de VB's is all gorne.....Send Moisture!!!!:ok: :ok:
and, a BIG hello to Mr "R"......:ok: .

AND to Mr VH-DOG & Anette, if'n ya see them soon,,,,,,:ok: :ok:

CHEERS.....

The Voice
24th Feb 2007, 19:11
lotsa bang and crash around here last night .. and then it bloody bucketed down! Havta love the wet :E

Ref + 10
25th Feb 2007, 03:44
Oz. The other day I heard about a Japanese farmer who had excess milk and too much time on his hands. Made a boutique beer out of it and it is now being sold there and in a couple of other countries.

Won't help poor Wiz any though...

tinpis
25th Feb 2007, 08:51
Puck'n big line a stroms headin dis way bruzz

This is tins command seat view on his balcony

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/tinpis/balconywetseason.jpg

the wizard of auz
26th Feb 2007, 01:14
Still as dry as a nuns nasty here. :eek:
Griffo, messages passed and returned to you by them all.
OZEX..........Beer????.......who drinks that ****e anyway?. I prefere my drinks imported nfrom countries that have plenty of pristene water........mixed with all the quality ingredients theyt specify on the side of the bottle.......and usually aged in oak barrels.
Tinny........ Get stuffed. :}

morno
26th Feb 2007, 10:24
Just had a quick check over of the weather, and it looks like all might be good shortly with a couple of cyclones hopefully building up and dumping some rain upon both the Top End and QLD, :ok:.

morno

Pseudonymn
26th Feb 2007, 10:32
Why do you care, morno you are from Launceston. :E :} :E

OzExpat
26th Feb 2007, 11:53
So Wiz, are ya trying to tell me that you're back on the Jack again? You'll never learn, will ya mate! :}

morno
27th Feb 2007, 00:25
I can pop up in all sorts of places Pseudo, :}

the wizard of auz
27th Feb 2007, 02:18
Nah Mate, only was ever on the jacks once......... lesson well learned and will never repeat that mistake. I meant Jimbo old son!!!. of course the warm brake fluid still holds a place in me heart. :}

OzExpat
27th Feb 2007, 11:45
Yer gunna havta prove that to me, again, some time soon, Wiz! :E

tealady
28th Feb 2007, 00:11
We used to have an instructor by the name of Tony Beasley who could perform a very creditable rain dance after a few VB's - and it always rained after his performance. One day, he and many others from the school were at a wedding in a students backyard at Bacchus Marsh and Beasley was persuaded to do his party trick by a few invitees who were all "under the weather" anyway. Well, it rained about 30 minutes later. Beasley is, I think, originally from the territory and swears he was taught by an old bushie. It actually worked even better when his mate, Bolle' played the tube from avacuum cleaner like a didgeridoo! So come ondown out of those Adelaide hills Beasley and make us some rain!

PLovett
28th Feb 2007, 09:21
The "Bunge" in Melbourne. Last I heard of him he was on the Gold Coast.

Even that move amazed me. I didn't think anything would get him out the Top End.:uhoh:

tealady, you talk of a school. Is that a flying school because if it is he would be a fantastic instructor. He certainly taught me a few things in the short time I knew him. :}

morno
28th Feb 2007, 23:59
So how many houses are floating around in the 'Grida at the moment? :E

230mm's of rain in the 24hrs to 9am this morning!

Bring that low system down here to Western QLD please, you've had your share. :*

morno

tinpis
1st Mar 2007, 00:53
Thunk they got over 800 milligans around Jabiru ? :uhoh:

Whitney
1st Mar 2007, 04:16
Absolutely no fun out in the ****e earlier today!!!!! :sad: V E R Y glad to see DRW thru' the murky stuff.

tealady
1st Mar 2007, 10:01
"BUNGE" was living and working in Melbourne for the feds when he did his CPL and GR3 Instructors Rating at TVSA (about 1991 I think)- knocked the lot over in 9 months under the old 175 hour CPL .He was taken on fulltime 4 days after getting his Grade 3 and worked at TVSA for about 2 or 3 years. Went back up North and came back down to Bacchus Marsh and finished up leaving with a Grade 1 under his belt. Has been very sorely missed - I think he probably knocked up around 1800 odd hrs Instructing - was never going to hang around in the cold for very long. He had an operation on his back about 2 years ago - poor bugger couldn't even swing a paintbrush let alone fly, hoever, seems to be back up and around now, last saw him at Todd Vances wedding in Brisbane year before last. Heard he made a packet on real estate in Perth so he's probably living the high life in dear little old Adelaide now. If you catch up with him, pass on that there's a big party at BSS in March after the airshow.

tinpis
1st Mar 2007, 21:35
Have fun out there today boys and girls...:E Take plenty of petrol :=

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/tinpis/fri2.gif

huntsman
2nd Mar 2007, 03:45
Oenpelli - 311mm yesterday, 216mm today

Jabiru - no readings coz the road to the airport is flooded????

bushy
2nd Mar 2007, 04:01
Ther's not even any red stuff in that.

tinpis
2nd Mar 2007, 05:17
Abosulootly bloody chuckin it down here at the mo

Reminds me of the olden days when these storms would hit to catch the 4.21 club public service drones going home

Dead mini mokes and old bangers in puddles everywhere.

The Darwhine force field has been well and truly broached :ok:

'aveagoodknight
2nd Mar 2007, 21:38
157mm here since yesterday, still 1 hour to go before 9am and it's still cumin' down.

Told ya!

the wizard of auz
2nd Mar 2007, 23:35
I bin moobed away from dat one dry cuntry.......... now it bin stopped raining where i bin moobed too. I tink i bin ad a spell put on me.
we bin gottim planty funda and lightnin, but no rain, nuttin bin come ere.
I'm going to head back to the desert where the 100mm PA was at least a sure thing.:uhoh:

Pinky the pilot
3rd Mar 2007, 00:38
Dead mini mokes and old bangers in puddles everywhere.

Not to mention (in the late 70s) the Chrysler Sigmas with the flexi-bars and the 'noddy' Landcruisers with the tinny on the roof rack, eh Tinpis?

tinpis
3rd Mar 2007, 22:22
the 'noddy' Landcruisers with the tinny on the roof rack, eh Tinpis?
Yesterday 10:05

Yers pinky...you could spot a Queenslander by the big dent in the front of his tinny from trying to park under an elevated house :}

Towering Q
8th Mar 2007, 13:13
Check out the METAR for Port Hedland tonight thanks to TC George.
14:00 UTC, 08/03/2007
SPECI YPPD 081400Z AUTO 19059G75KT 1400NDV // BKN016 OVC022 24/24 Q0970
RMK RF01.0/049.4
:eek: :eek: :eek:

the wizard of auz
8th Mar 2007, 23:35
woooo0hooo, thats a bunch of rain we just had............finally.
thank christ for cyclone.

flyboy6876
9th Mar 2007, 00:24
Yeah wiz, the guys up on our site about 90 k's outside Newman are all battended down, with extremely gusty winds and a whole p*ss pile of rain.

Just hope all our earthworks hold still - and if you see some corrugated steel pipe flying past your place - let me know because I know where it came from:}

Critical Reynolds No
12th Mar 2007, 02:29
Ah the wet finally come...
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/fizzychops/BorroloolaHotel.jpg

the wizard of auz
12th Mar 2007, 02:58
lucky its still warm. no need to interupt a nap just because its raining.
looks like Booroloola........... I don't remeber you taking that picture though.... I must have been really tired. :eek: :}

Clare Prop
12th Mar 2007, 08:23
That can't be WA...no yellow can dreaming here

Towering Q
12th Mar 2007, 09:15
Slight thread drift, but that XXXX stuff has all but taken over the Kalgoorlie scene.

Re: the previous photo, great to see that someone has placed the gentleman in the recovery position.

Muffinman
13th Mar 2007, 23:40
Worst case of bed wetting I've seen in quite a while.

kingtoad
14th Mar 2007, 07:15
I reckon he looks like he's Wallaby Ted's brudda.

Desert Flower
15th Mar 2007, 10:35
Ha - that picture gives a whole new meaning to "water bed", doesn't it?!

DF.

the wizard of auz
18th Mar 2007, 01:50
Well, it's been raining here consitantly for a week now.......... just in time for the dry to start. :}
not a lot in it, but its water from the sky....... with the odd thundery to drive around.......sorta like a wet.

1DC
27th Mar 2007, 02:01
Well i am heading back home at the end of the week after three very pleasant months in your great country.Been very dry here in the south but i am curious to know if you guys in the north finally got enough wet or are you still desperate for more??

Victim Air
27th Mar 2007, 02:26
Hey 1DC, if you spent all that time in the south, you've been at the wrong end. Gotta go, my dinghy's flaoting away. Have a safe trip. See ya.

1DC
27th Mar 2007, 04:11
Thanks Victim, i intend to spend a few weeks looking at the north next year but it won't be during the wet!!