PDA

View Full Version : IRS airlines Nigeria

jboz
13th Feb 2007, 22:23
IRS is looking for pilots for their F 100 and F 28s. Does anyone have any information on this company?

411A
14th Feb 2007, 03:34
Those in Nigeria may well have a better answer, but from my information from handling agents, after a recent very busy Hajj period, IRS is headed into the tank, slowly slowly.
The same can be said more or less about Kabo, they are down to three 747's and a Nigerian CAA inspector told me that they might have to ground all three of those.
One airline that may well make a presence shortly is Mangal.
The managing director, whom I met on one of my flights, has big plans, and funding to back it up, it appears. They have called me repeatedly to look for airplanes...so we'll see.

jboz
14th Feb 2007, 21:43
Thanks a million 411A for the information. I will check out new airlines in Nigeria. Could anyone say if any other airline in Nigeria or West Africa operates Fokker 100s ?

Browright
15th Feb 2007, 13:01
I dont think the position of IRS is as painted. From what i gathered, having inquired about this company a few weeks ago myself, i gather the company is acquiring another F100 and may be getting a new ERJ 145 in a few weeks. Mangal Air does not even have an AOC talkless of operating commercially!

Check with the company yourself though. Cant vouch for them and all companies have their problems

By the way they are the only company operating the F100 in Nigeria and maybe Africa as a whole. There are F28's in South Africa, Libya, Cote d'ivoire, Cameroon, Equitorial Guinea and a few more.

buckdadog
22nd Jan 2008, 15:43
Myself and two others have just pulled the plug at IRS - they have not paid us in 90 days. I understand that a contractor has taken their pilots out also because of non payment. They are not fixing snags on their Fokkers or Emb145s and we were not going to fly them. Use caution, they may be on the way out.

buckdadog
22nd Jan 2008, 15:47
they havent been paying their pilots and they havent been getting the aircraft serviced

Browright
22nd Jan 2008, 17:43
And the Pilots still Fly?? They must have a death wish and i believe brought up in the salvation army:confused:

212man
22nd Jan 2008, 23:00
How out of character for a Nigerian airline

Hippolite
23rd Jan 2008, 06:11
I'm sure its just either a mis-understanding or a clerical error. In another 3 months time, the clerical error will be sorted out and you will get paid all you are owed.

In the meantime, I would go back to work and have a chat with management. I am sure they will give you their word that all is ok.

johnriketes
23rd Jan 2008, 06:50
90 days? You a patient. 40 days max for me.

Ikoyian
24th Jan 2008, 12:45
Ah... The deliights of working for a Nigerian Company. You must realise some Nigerian Companies are not accountable for paying expats so you have made the right decision.

I suppose now that you have left, they will never pay you what you are owed and will be re-cruiting the next batch of pilots from somewhere else in the world.

As for maintenance and spares, don't let that worry you, they won't be doing any of that either!!:E

kwachon
24th Jan 2008, 13:03
But they have loads of money in Nigeria for the airlines

I got this today in my inbox

Dear Sir,
I have a proposal for you, this however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will.
I am Dr Charles Ijeoma, the Manager, Bills and Exchange at the Foreign Remittance Department of the AUDB Bank of Nigeria PLC and work with African Union Development Bank Plc (one of the African leading banks in the west coast). Here in this bank existed dormant account for the past five years which belong to one of our customers (Mr Andreas Schranner) who died along with his entire family of a wife and two children in July 31st 2000 in a plane crash.

He says I am to get 2.5 million dollars, am I lucky or what...

RobinB
24th Jan 2008, 13:26
Hey people, send your comments to Balewa so he can update his list !!!!!!:ugh:

MostlyModerate
24th Jan 2008, 14:25
Hey, Kwachon !

SNAP !

See you on Easy Street

Or Skid Row

Springbok614
24th Jan 2008, 16:44
o this thread makes me so excited as i will be flying a IRS EJ145 tomorrow to get to my VK flight to go home! thanks guys, looking forward already! YAY! :ok: