PDA

View Full Version : What are the Requirements for Air New Zealand?

rockerlpz
13th Feb 2007, 21:33
I entered the Air New Zealand website, and in the requirements parts of the site it said that : "Only permanent New Zealand residents will be considered including those born outside New Zealand. You must reside in New Zealand at the time of application."

Does anyone know if this part is true?: "INCLUDING THOSE BORN OUTSIDE NEW ZEALAND" , is this true?, would this mean hipotetically speaking that maybe I ( as foreign citizen, borned in Bolivia, I live in Bolivia) could be elegible to work as a flight attendant for Air New Zealand?. Does anyone also know how much time ( as a foreign citizen) should IŽve been living in New Zealand at the time of the application?. IŽll be looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU

27/09
13th Feb 2007, 22:20
Do you have the right to reside permanently in New Zealand, i.e. Do you have a New Zealand passport? Do you have a permanent residency visa or similar?

Unless you have either of those two things then I think the answer is No you are not elligible to work for Air NZ. Therefore your question about the amount of time you need to be here to be able to apply is irrelavent.

sir.pratt
14th Feb 2007, 04:29
bit of it lost in your translation i think.
if you were born in bolivia (you have no control over your parents choices), but then you move to NZ and become a resident, then even if you are living overseas, you are eligible. if you do not have nz residency, you are not eligible.
maybe the other option is to look at air nz's london flight attendant base?

pakeha-boy
14th Feb 2007, 14:04
.....and maybe talk to some Air NZ flight attendants......most of them are unhappy with their current vocation:(

stillalbatross
14th Feb 2007, 21:20
Maybe they could get a job that requires more than a weeks training and doesn't give them considerably more than 8 days off a month.

Aussie
14th Feb 2007, 22:58
here we go, that'll fire em up :E :}

Aussie