PDA

View Full Version : Menzies at East Midlands airport

J-Man
13th Feb 2007, 21:09
Sent off an application for PSA today and waiting to hear about it.

Can anyone give me anymore information about what its like to work for the company, morale, airlines handled and training etc?

Also any tips on the interview incase i get one would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

adverse-bump
13th Feb 2007, 21:26
work at dispatch in man. they are a scary company to work for. health and safty is tht bad a loader lost a finger. expect to get messed around good style...id consider lookin at some1 else

J-Man
13th Feb 2007, 21:30
Id love to do dispatch, although there are no dispatch jobs going near me. My available airports are Leeds,Doncaster,Humberside,East Mids and Manchester.
Dont suppose you know of anything going at manchester on dispatch that i dont know of adverse-bump?

Captb747
14th Feb 2007, 08:13
Hi J-Man,

Try looking on aviation job search.....A company called airdispatch are looking for guys. :ok:

J-Man
14th Feb 2007, 10:32
I did see it, however you need 5 years experience before applying :(

finding_nema
14th Feb 2007, 11:08
Hi J-Man, I applied for a passenger services agent vacancy at Menzies in December, and heard back from the company within a week of sending the forms off. I got a letter through the post yesterday morning inviting me to an interview (both group and one-on-one) next week with the front of house supervisor. I've heard very good things about Menzies at EMA, especially concerning pay, staff welfare and career prospects (including to traffic and dispatch.) My concern is obviously that they are very small, which means only the best stay on for the very lean winter months (no bad thing I guess) but they are very quiet, handling only BD charter, TCX and T3.

bmibaby.com
14th Feb 2007, 15:48
Menzies handle bmibaby on the ramp, and I've always found their staff to be well-humoured and hard working. They benefit from some unique incentives which were set up when the company was KISS (a low-cost handling company) so whilst staff are worked hard, they are cared for well by the company, and paid well above the usual rates offered by the handling agents. The company is also keen to keep the best of the best as mentioned, and this includes training the best people into supervisory or management positions, or simply being able to move to other departments where their skills might be better utilised. The company did have a shaky start to summer 2006, however after a very serious kick into shape, the company is now back to top form and wouldn't be surprised if they start winning some new contracts.

LOUIS LANE
16th Feb 2007, 19:35
Hi J-Man,

Menzies at EMA handle Thomas Cook,Eastern Airways and bmi charter.
They handle night mail jets 24/7.

Moral with Menzies is good especially leading up to the summer season.

Training is provided by FOH Trainer consisting of check-in, missing baggage, PA's etc....

Great environment to work in during the summer. Good fun......

Good Luck..... :)

finding_nema
16th Feb 2007, 20:44
The decision on whether to join Servisair who have already given me an offer for this summer, or Menzies who I'm having an interview with on Monday, is really difficult. All of your messages on here and from what I've heard at people at EMA, is that Menzies are a better company who will pay and look after you better.

I'm looking forward to my interview on Monday, and will post my feedback. Thanks to Louis for your comments, they've been really helpful.

finding_nema
20th Feb 2007, 16:26
I had my interview yesterday with the front of house manager, the operations manager and the base administrator. Probably the most professional handling agent interview that I've had, they really went a long way to make sure you were relaxed, but stressed how professional a company Menzies were. Firstly there was a one hour presentation about the job, the money, the company etc. Then we had to present ourselves to the group, followed by a short break where we all got to have a little chat. We then had to split up into two groups to do group activities, followed by an interview with the FOH manager. The whole morning lasted about 3 hours, compared to about 4 minutes with Servisair.

We've been told we have to wait until they know exactly which airlines they're hiring for the summer, but hopefully the training course is in April, and we'll find out soon. ;)

J-Man
23rd Feb 2007, 14:55
Lucky you, all i got was a crap letter saying they have nothing to offer me:* :(

freightdoggy dog
23rd Feb 2007, 15:52
Maybe you were crap, which is why you got the letter?

The ops manager there is a top geezer, so dont take it to heart, go and have a crack with circusair.

finding_nema
23rd Feb 2007, 18:50
Hi, J Man, sorry to hear that things didn't go too well with your front of house application at Menzies. As far as I'm aware, the advert for PSAs went off of the emarecruitment.com website a couple of weeks ago, so perhaps they had already interviewed everybody that they thought they'd need. Menzies at EMA is far smaller than Servisair, so it allows them to be far more picky with who they hire, they told us there were 170 applicants but only 30 people were getting interviews for even fewer jobs. Compare this to Servisair, who are taking on over 100 front of house staff this summer, and are still hiring & interviewing.

I've had a phone interview with Servisair and have been told to wait for more information to come through the post, whilst Menzies have said I have to sit tight until they know exactly how many flights they're handling this summer. I had a fab day at Menzies, and know they're still recruiting for ramp staff, so why not try your luck with that?

Flyboy543
6th Mar 2007, 15:56
As of 1st April Menzies have the easyJet contract from servisair so maybe worth getting in touch! Not long to train new staff!

finding_nema
6th Mar 2007, 19:42
I think they knew about the EasyJet contract when they did the interviews at the very end of last month, as they were expecting two contracts and mentioned "a scheduled carrier" so presume this would be the EasyJet contract. I'm sure that they'll make a real success of it, they're very professional, work hard and have the right mentality to succeed.

tinto verano
3rd Jul 2011, 08:47
Please can you tell me how I apply for a passenger service agent job at menzies forema please