PDA

View Full Version : Radio Documentary - Tales from Kai Tak

John MacCalman
13th Feb 2007, 12:01
Hi Ppruners

I had previously made available to the aviation community the radio doucumentary I produced for Radio Clyde back 1998 about flying down the IGS 13 to land at Kai Tak.

We have had changes in our web hosting at Radio Clyde and if anybody had bookmarked the links they will no longer work.

I have updated these links on the Clyde 2 Website in the Clyde 2 Archive Section. If you want to listen to it (25 minutes) you'll need Windows Media player. This link should take you directly to the archive page. (http://clyde2.com/sectional.asp?ID=553)

I hope to have the programme available soon as a podcast so you can download and keep a copy.

If any of the folk you helped me make the show are still around I'd love to hear from them. Also please post any comments on the show and memories about the IGS 13 approach here on pprune.

Thanks to eveyone involved in Hong Kong aviation who made the show possible specially British Airways and Cathay Pacific for the flight deck access.

Also thanks to those at the Northwest Airlines flight simulator training centre, NATCO, in Minneapolis and to all flight crews, active and retired, military, cargo and passenger, from many different organisations around the world. A special thanks also to the ATC staff at Hong Kong Tower and Approach Radar.

The documentary would never have been made without the help from all mentioned.

John MacCalman
Radio Clyde
Glasgow, Scotland