PDA

View Full Version : IR Data Transfer between Mobiles/Cellphones

teeteringhead
13th Feb 2007, 11:49
Not reeely a computer question, but the technical expertise of this forum may well be able to help me.

Have just changed my mobile (free if I take the old one back within 2 weeks) from a Nokia 6610i to 6230i. Helpful man-in-the-shop swaps over contact list to new 'phone for me.

Me: What about the pictures I've saved?
M-i-t-S: Ah - as both 'phones are IR enabled, you can send them across with that. It's all in the manual.

Self nods knowledgably (not) and moves on - I was in a hurry.

Got home to the manual(s), find out only how to switch on the IR. Get both IRs activated and point 'phones at each other ......

..... nix, zilch, nada - they show as much interest in each other as the average zoo Panda....

So how do I do it???? All suggestions (!) gratefully received.

roach
14th Feb 2007, 12:23
Can send one at a time by selecting photo and option to send, further option how and IR should be there. Both phones together send and 2nd phone then accepts......must be a way to send more than one but can't help anymore!

teeteringhead
14th Feb 2007, 14:35
Thanks roach, but I don't seem to get the IR option, only attaches the pic to a multimedia message in the outbox to send to either a 'phone number or an e-mail address?? Still stumped......:(

roach
14th Feb 2007, 16:02
Mines an old Siemens and if I find a photo in the file of my phone and open it I have the option to send by I/R, Bluetooth, MMS or e mail. You could google your phone and see if that helps. Good luck!