PDA

View Full Version : BAConnect & Flybe

Pages : [1] 2

oldflyboy
13th Feb 2007, 10:53
Dear Colleagues,

Thought we should start a joint BACON/FLYBE thread for us cabin crew about the takeover of BACON by FLYBE. Anyone any views on this? Personally I just want something to happen, the waiting is getting everyone down here at BACON??:sad:

tiggerific_69
13th Feb 2007, 12:43
well done :D
its the lack of communication that is becoming annoying now,we dont know where we're at with the whole deal and whether its even going through, although rumour has it, papers may well be signed tomorrow (how romantic!)

oldflyboy
13th Feb 2007, 13:18
FYI Guys N Gals,

Been told today by my PM that signing has been put back to end of the month, something to do with Pilots agreement???

tiggerific_69
13th Feb 2007, 14:14
im not surprised,pilots havent agreed to anything,have they?

red17
13th Feb 2007, 14:20
Are there any pilots left to agree anything with?? Seems like there are none left with the cancellation situation at the moment. So it looks like its agreed??

TeaAnyone21
13th Feb 2007, 15:27
Its getting frustrating at Flybe too. We dont have a clue whats happening really. Got the March roster the other day and they aren't complete becasue the summer schedule has not been finalised due to the delays.

I am really excited to meet you all. Will be nice to see a few new faces. I am just gutted I wont be able to go on your baby embraer. Been told I am too tall :sad:

oldflyboy
13th Feb 2007, 16:14
WoW! You must be a GIANT TeaAnyone21! Seriously, 5-11 is max height for 145's, even little old me at 5-8 bumps my head on lockers if I haven't operated Baby Jet for a while! Where are you based, we have a coupla GIANTS at Brum who are in similar situation, at least they will fit the Qthingy and BIG Embraer you operate?

Fleet Office folk have been showing us the FLYBE uniform this week, SHUDDER! Still at least us boys get to wear blue, much more practical than the RED the ladies have to wear.

Sad to think it will be a while to go before we fly together, but lets hope not too long.

Andrew Strong is coming to BHX tommorrow, do you know if he plans to go to your crew room, I hear he is planned to visit ours??

Happy Flying!

TeaAnyone21
13th Feb 2007, 18:54
5'11 we were told 5'9. Doesnt matter anyway I am 6ft maybe 6'1.

Been on days off so havent heard about the visit. On earlies tomorrow so will probably see him. Only met him once I think. (I am BHX by the way)

The uniform isn't that shocking. The blokes is better than the old one which never kept all its hanging buttons. Even I look slightly smart in it.

Oh tell the taller blokes that yes we do fit on the super-dash but be prepared to hit your head lots on the lockers!

SouBE
13th Feb 2007, 19:02
Eek - Im 6'2". Does a hard hat come as part of the yummy uniform? Is the jacket still double breasted? Straight out of Howards Way....(anyone remember that. Those shoulder pads were FAB!)

EmmaB
13th Feb 2007, 20:34
BACON girlies who've been used to wearing trousers are going to have to start wearing skirts when the deal goes through... boxy pink ones, no less...

cabingal
15th Feb 2007, 18:55
Not that keen on the uniform but at least if I spill some tomato juice on myself I wont look like I've been shot like I do now with my white blouse!!!

Dash-7 lover
15th Feb 2007, 19:34
One of the hold-ups on the deal being signed could be the fact that half of the cabin crew balloted on the new cabin crew t&c's couldn't be arsed to return the ballot paper.......duh. It was rejected by such a small margin that the company now have to be re-balloted which holds progress up for all of us others.
All the cabin crew have been promised jobs....think about the rest of us that might not be in that position...talk about short sighted!

cabingal
16th Feb 2007, 17:47
I know - I sent mine back the day I got it - they either can't be bothered to do anything but sit + moan or they just don't want to spend money on a stamp!:ugh:

oldflyboy
17th Feb 2007, 11:15
According to the Bacon notice board here at B'ham, we are all being rostered a 'welcome to flybe' day in March, will all be trained on their product and delivering it from 24th. Seems interesting given that the deal has not been signed yet?

Also PM telling crew today we will all be measured for the red uniform over next coupla weeks and will be in it also by 24th March.

Pilots deal still not signed, AMICUS cabin crew being re-ballotted as they were the ones who said 'no way jose', and they need to sort the ex BRAL pension deal.

Interesting times ahead!

tiggerific_69
17th Feb 2007, 11:55
Yea,i believe management had a nice little trip to gatwick yesterday. Something to do with Uniform was mentioned then.But by 24th March?Bit soon,going by the current deadlines,which have so far been given but never met. I know the guys going to Cityflyer go there on the 1st March & those going to LCY start there on 25th March, but ive got a nice CDG GLA on the RJ i think on the 28th March....interesting.

flyer55
17th Feb 2007, 19:13
With BA Cityflyer being the new name of LCY / EDI operations do they have their own website address ?

tiggerific_69
18th Feb 2007, 09:59
I dont think so. BACON/BACX never did, so im not expecting Cityflyer to have one either. Everything will still go through the main ba.com website.

TeaAnyone21
18th Feb 2007, 10:19
Maybe the March date is not such a silly target. What with Andrew Strong at BHX this week and the go ahead given by OFT its at the later stages.

Obviously there are still issues but maybe BACON and Flybe have had enough and are just going for it.

The latest date we have heard is 28th Feb for signing the paperwork.

tiggerific_69
18th Feb 2007, 20:06
roster change today to welcome to flybe day on the 19th march,anyone else from BHX there on that date?
cant find the info about it in the bhx crew room tho.

in the sandpit!
19th Feb 2007, 16:51
does anyone have any idea what the open day will consist of?want to be prepared so i can get pout of the sandpit! should you be there at 10am or a little later.. what questions do they ask?
please help me...

marlowe
19th Feb 2007, 19:57
Well i guess that turning up after the start time for the open day wouldnt be a smart move!!!! seriously tho if your coming in from the land of sand for the job, please dont be fooled by the BA bit at the start of the name you will NOT be joining BA mainline, but a subsidary company on Terms and Conditions far removed from anything that mainline offer!

tiggerific_69
19th Feb 2007, 21:34
and pay that isnt mainline...and no transfers into mainline...and after a couple of years management will probably screw up again.....

TeaAnyone21
20th Feb 2007, 21:24
ah but it will 'possibly' be flybe management anyway so forget all about mainline. They aren't that bad.

oldflyboy
21st Feb 2007, 10:44
Can anyone from flybe give us any idea what it's really like to fly for them? We hear masses of rumours about crewing being cack and changing rosters at short notice. The 'new' scheduling agreement has a dispuption clause that allows you to refuse if less than 48 hours before check in time ,which should help. Do you get put back on standby after flights? How often do you nightstop away from base? What are 50% and 70% rosters etc.

I'm at Brum, whats the management team like there? Our PM's are OK, some old, some new, all approachable.

TeaAnyone21
21st Feb 2007, 11:18
well guess I can answer that for you.

Roster stability is not very good. I think its mainly due to staffing levels. To be honest BHX just dosn't lose crew but other bases are always recruiting. This means that us Brummies night stop... ALOT

For example I had standby this weekend on Sat and Sun. Checked in on Monday for my 'changed' flight and am now nightstopping in Belfast.

In all honesty I dont blame crewing for the disruption we get. At the end of the day they have to put crew on aircraft and we are definately short in several areas.

As I said stability is an issue and even after checking in for a flight you may not complete the same sectors as planned. Again on Monday I checked in for a double belfast but after the first two sectors we were told that we had to go to scotland. One aircraft went tech and we went to glasgow via edinburgh and back. Were supposed to be finished at about 21:30 but I left the crew room just before 23:00.

Standbys after a duty are common particularly in winter. Usually the BHD/GLA/EDI earlies will have 2 hours airport standby when we land. The good thing is that if the other aircraft are running ok we are allowed to head home instead of sitting in the terminal.

How much do we fly? Well Feb's roster came out and I had one nightstop in Jersey but so far have also stayed in Edinburgh for 2 nights and have Belfast this weekend. This month I am doing 61 sectors which is fairly average. We work different patterns. Usually 5 on 2 off but you will also get at least one 6 - 3 and occasionally you will do 4 - 1 - 4 which is a bit tiring but that happens very rarely.

Now it may not sound great but what with you loveley BA people coming over we have been assured that stability will improve for all crew. Also as you say there is a new scheduling agreement coming up which we haven't seen yet but are promised is better than current conditions.

This may not answer everything but if anyone has any more questions then just ask!

TeaAnyone21
21st Feb 2007, 11:21
oh also the managers are really nice at BHX. We have two of them and they are always ready to listen and help with any issues that we have so don't worry about that. Plus (and i am probably biased) but we have great crew at BHX. Everyone gets along and you are guaranteed a laugh every day which makes even hard duties go much smoother.

tiggerific_69
21st Feb 2007, 11:38
Doesnt sound atrocious....doesnt even sound bad.in fact,im feeling quite positive.Just had my uniform fitting and its not as bad on as it looks off.starting to look forward to it now,although i will miss some of my friends,and also the RJ's,who will be moving on to cityflyer,back to mainline,or new ventures.

oldflyboy
21st Feb 2007, 11:53
TeaAnyone21,

Sounds OK??

I have met a couple of your crew on the bus, though some of you seem to avoid eye contact! I am pleased to hear you are a friendly bunch, we in BHX have a reputation as being the friendliest base in the region, p'raps its just us Brummies being nicer than the rest of the UK? (Just kidding folks!)

Suprised you have not seen the new agreement, it has floated around our crew room for a coupla weeks now, sadly I don't have a copy as I think it was for info until we join up. Our TU rep Emma used to work for you before and she has done a great job in getting an agreement which is very nearly what we operate to now.:D :D

Do you have info about your part time rosters? I look forward to eventually, once the SOP stuff is sorted and we get re-licenced, flying with all you lovely flybe guys n gals!

PS: Roll on the new uniform which we hear is due next year, don't think my old eyes can take too much red!

PPS: I can reassure everyone that us ex BACON crew are not stuck up or snobby!:ok:

TeaAnyone21
21st Feb 2007, 14:27
see this is whats good everyone getting excited!!!

Sorry on behalf of anyone who seemed to be avoiding eye contact on the bus. We have had a few not so nice comments from some individuals and as you know everyone keeps to their crew most of the time anyway.

oh and NEW UNIFORM?? How do you guys know more than us. Cant wait if its true.

As I am full time I dont pay attention to the part time roster really but I know that some of the girls are on a 5 on 5 off roster. Availability is fairly none existant right now to go part time or 70% but again with the merged crews I am sure it will not be a problem. Obviously anyone who is already part time should get that honoured but not sure as I just serve the tea. ;)

tiggerific_69
21st Feb 2007, 14:39
yea ive noticed some avoiding eye contact or a smile.it doesnt hurt,were all going to be working together.nothing to be embarassed about!

cabingal
21st Feb 2007, 15:00
I work for Bacon out of MAN but have worked out of BHX quite a lot + the crew are fabulous - BHX crew are so nice + down to earth :)

TeaAnyone21
21st Feb 2007, 16:59
ok well i will try and say hi to whomever i see.

SouBE
21st Feb 2007, 18:12
Nice to hear some positive comments for a change! So looking forward to starting my training sometime soon....PLEASE!! Has anyone heard anything about training dates for March or April?

AND a new uniform as well? I so hope the double breasted jacket goes, its like a reject out of Howards Way!:yuk:

danflybe
21st Feb 2007, 19:17
The double breasted jacket has gone. Guys have a single breasted navy jacket now. Yet more positivity!!!!

Virginia
22nd Feb 2007, 09:40
I have applied for City Flyer...has to be better than easyJet...no cabin 'tidies' or emptying loo bins?

tiggerific_69
22nd Feb 2007, 09:45
Cityflyer will have to do Cabin Tidies....
Im sure there are people on here going to Cityflyer,why not set up a seperate thread for that

oldflyboy
22nd Feb 2007, 13:01
Well, here at Brum uniform fittings have started, the 'uniform' PM is running around encouraging all to try on stuff! Must be happening then!:hmm:

Still no idea about part time rosters, any flybe posters out there with this info please???:ugh:

tiggerific_69
25th Feb 2007, 10:30
whats this long haul rumour thats been mentioned in the Merger thread in terms & conditions?

oldflyboy
25th Feb 2007, 10:36
tiggerific,

Its in the flybe thread in cabincrew.com 'forum' section. Basically its a 'friend' of a stewardess who works in 'head office' saying she had heard it was a rumour and like a good confidential employee had wacked it onto the wwweb!:ugh:

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Feb 2007, 12:44
Hi BACON/Flybe guys

finding this thread very interesting, Being an ex Jersey European/British European and Flybe guy I still like to catch up on goss with Flybe, and it helps still having friends in Flybe. So when news surfaced about Flybe/Bacon merger I was most suprised yet intrigued. From starting with flybe in the good old Jersey European days I saw a hell of alot change through BE to flybe, so now the merger has come up it is yet another juicy story.

Anyway just wanted to say to both Flybe and BACON guys I hope all goes well for you all and everything goes reletively smoothly, though if flybe ops, crewwing, management ect has not changed much in 2 years it could make for a interesting initial few months (NO OFFENCE to flybe crewing i got on with them very well and undewrstood the crap they had to deal with).

I will be interested to know what the story is with the BACON Flt Deck, Are they happy with the merger? or are the running?

Oh and Flybe guys what is the story with you lot operating on a/c types? you guys just sticking with dash and 146 or are you conversion training for BACON's fleet?

I have applied for City Flyer...has to be better than easyJet...no cabin 'tidies' or emptying loo bins?

To this comment I am sure you meant no offence to easyjet (Thats where Iam living now) But to be fair its no where near as bad as you think. In fairness I belive many airlines (apart from the big boys) are now getting crew to do cabin tidies ect as it is a massive cost saver and I would not be suprised id City Flyer will be the same. End of that I could easily rabbit on about easyjet life but thats another story

Godd Luck with everything Flybe/BACON ;)

oldflyboy
27th Feb 2007, 13:58
AA,

My understanding from talking to our Performance Managers is that we BACON crew will fly just the Barbie Jet after the 24th March as our RJ's all go then to BA Cityflyer for the LCY operation, with cabin crew based at LCY & EDI.

The current Flybe ladies & gents will continue to operate their current aircraft, Q400 Turbowhizzy thingys and Embraer 95 for example here at Brum.

Sometime after the 24th March we will start to be trained to Flybe SOP's, as I presume will our Pilots (what's left of them!) and after that on a given date we will then be licenced for the flybe aircraft at our bases. Don't know if Flybe crew will fly Barbie though?

Presumably after that point both sets of crew will then be rostered together and the Sun will Shine and the Birdies will Sing Trala! (At least I think that's what she said!)

Also Plan A is for the Flybe crew based here to move down from T1 to T2 to our crew rooms in the dungeon area around the weekend of the 24th/25th March? This is when all the BA logos, desks etc. will be replaced with Flybe ones and the passengers will check in at T2 from start of the summer operation.

Though what happens to all our wonderful BA ground staff, who have no jobs because of all this, at that time we have no idea!:mad:

Does that answer your questions AA? , and thanks for the good wishes. It won't be easy peasy, but I'm sure we will all settle down together as best we can. ;) Mind you , if Flybe have any dishy flight crew, claws will be sharpening in the crew room as some of our BACON lovelies go hunting! ;)

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 14:45
Oldflyboy

Thank you for your reply. It certainly is a interesting time for you guys and flybe. And when you get to operate on the Whizz Pop Bang Sorry :rolleyes: Dash Q4 i think you will like it it's not all that bad.

And BHX T2 becomes flybe aswell, blimey its going to be one MAD 24 hrs during change over. Do you BACON guys go into flybe uniform ready for the 24th or will there be a gap?
And what about BACON's a/c and there logos? how long they going to be in BA colours?

I am excited for you guys.

oldflyboy
27th Feb 2007, 15:17
AA,

All BACON crew in measuring process, our 'Mr Humphries' at BHX is rounding up everyone to try the red on, intention he says is for us all to be in it by 24th March, WTHOUT EXCEPTION as the dropfiles letter says.:cool:

Rumour control has it that there is a Barbie already stripped God Bless her in the hanger at Exeter (what quaint places flybe operate from!) and re-painted in the flybe colours. Also hear the plan is to 'white tail' the rest of the fleet until all are painted up.

Thanks for your thoughts, myself 'excited' is not the word I would use. Trepidatious, more fits my mood about all this.

Anyone else from cabin crew from either company out there with thoughts on all this?? I know TeaAnyone21 views this, any more lovelies with views out there??

C'mon, you know you want to!!:O

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 15:26
It Will be strange when flying about seeing Flybe barbie jets :}

Oh just thought, what were your training facilities like at BACON?
I am just wondering (If the training facilities at flybe are the same as 2 years ago) what shock you may get from the training facilities at flybe. If it is still the same its on a 3rd floor of a office building down the road from BHX with a sort of 146/dash type thing stimulator built in one of the class rooms. To be honest not the best for training has it is not easy to play out SEP/SOP's in, but its something.

oldflyboy
27th Feb 2007, 15:39
Not been as I'm not important enuff, but my spies in training tell me all cabin services training now located at Exeter? Something to do with cost I think, that's why the Brum training school was shut down.

(Strange, centre of country, easily access from all over, or down in Devon which is 2000 miles from everywhere? Hmmm, nice one someone! Now I've got to be driven down there to do my training!) Do they do all recurrents down there? :ugh:

Wonder if it's true what they say about scrumpy? Anyone from Exeter out there, what's the goss about the training school?:confused:

Gosh, there's such a lot about this company I'm joining I don't know!!:confused:

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 15:57
Oh so training has now moved to EXT you lucky lucky bugger :\

When i was at flybe it was in BHX there was rumour then that it was going to EXT but nothing happened when I was there so I dont know what facilities they have now in EXT.

If I remember right you need a passport for that far out part of the country :} , just kidding thats is not meant to offened any EXT guys.

But i would be also interested in know what flybe training facilities is now like.

Slightly veering off course but when I started at easyjet I was speechless at theirs. Highly impressive.

TeaAnyone21
28th Feb 2007, 09:25
Yes training is in loveley EXT now. All courses take place there and we hire car down from BHX.

It is definately better than the old centre. Lots more classrooms and although the old mock up is still there we have a loveley new embraer door and slide trainer.

Still not quite cranebank so may surprise some Bacon guys but it does the job quite well.

flyer55
28th Feb 2007, 11:20
They all find out on Thursday 1st March what company taken over !

Off Stand
28th Feb 2007, 14:33
I believe that some (all) of the ground staff (at BHX at least) have been given the option to change jobs and fly on EF at LHR.

I have a couple of friends that work there, I will try and find out.

oldflyboy
28th Feb 2007, 15:06
NOT TRUE OFF STAND!

Have just spoken with several in customer services, no-one has had any indication that option to fly is available to them. They will be told tomorrow they expect that the 90 days notice kicks in!

MancRed
28th Feb 2007, 15:11
Manchester ground staff are in the same position, no options (as yet) for job change and expecting 90 days notice tomorrow....:confused:

Twrecks
28th Feb 2007, 15:52
Does anybody know if the deal has been signed ??:ugh:

mavericbuster
28th Feb 2007, 16:09
like hitting a bick wall nothing we will be last to know

Off Stand
28th Feb 2007, 16:30
That's funny as I was in the back office of the ticket desk at the end of Jan and there was a list of those that would be interested in a move to flying.

Twrecks
28th Feb 2007, 18:18
Yes, A list was put up in all areas where ground crew who had a desire to fly could list an interest. The list was not offical, neverthess I do know it gained an interest of 150 BAR ground crew. It was passed on to the Unions. I am not sure what happen after that, as the signing was holding alot of things back. So lets keeps thumbs crossed that BA gives the option to fly, even if the path to this is through Career Link. As many of the names listed were a good bunch of people. People are going to loose their jobs, as not all can go to London. So it's going to be a difficult period for all.

flyer55
28th Feb 2007, 18:27
What about the INV / IOM Routes to LGW !

Anotherflapoperator
28th Feb 2007, 19:07
Hi!

From what I can gather, the dealings are going on right now and if they do sign tonight, then news will be announced to the LSE and then to us at 0700. There should be a PM or manager in every crewroom at that time to pass on the news, most likely from a text on their company mobile phone.

As to INV/and IOM. Same old for now. We have been told absolutely nothing so far. a size 12 and a size 14 Flybe uniform turned up, not sure if they'd been washed a few times too many, but the sizes were weird and the colur quite a faded red/orange! Given the weather prevalent at both the IOM and INV, I certainly hope a pair of Trousers becomes added soon! Us bald old pilots will dearly miss our hats too!

We are expecting to move our LGW turnarounds to the South Terminal at the end of March too, when we get our old knackered old 146's painted I don't know. The INV ship is not bad, similar in age to the JEBs, though it's front end nav kit is laughably bad! The IOM aircraft is like a museum piece. The interior is pathetic, the whole aircraft is worn out and decrepid and too small to carry the loads that want to travel with us. First thing you notice when you get on board is the back row, because it's right next to you! -100 model don't forget!

The INV/IOM cabin crews are really nice and friendly though, top people and make my work worthwhile.You'll enjoy working with them hopefully sometime. If we get more IOM based Q400s in, you'll probably get a few nightstops too, as recruitment here is a nightmare!

treaclecat
1st Mar 2007, 12:25
does it really matter when the deal is signed in 12 months time it will be irrelevant after all how long ago was it that BACX became BAConnect. And as for the IOM routes flybe are not interested they just want the slots

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 12:36
And as for the IOM routes flybe are not interested they just want the slots
I can have ' some belife ' in that. When I was strutting my stuff at flybe many moons ago, flybe had quite an operation in IOM, ground staff increased there to. Then suddenly IOM routes seemed to disappear from many bases.
Flybe did many things when I was there, Open this base but we will close that one, oh now we will close the one we just opened and so on and so.
Not saying that is going to happen with the ' Merger ' as i am sure flybe have matured and learnt from those days.

P.S I do hope something will be sorted for the ground staff, best off luck to them.

TeaAnyone21
1st Mar 2007, 13:00
Well I can only speak about the BHX situation and from what we know Swissport are continuing to handle Flybe and will move over to T2 when we do. Hopefully they will try and keep the majority of BA ground staff on but I couldn't say for sure what they will do.

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 13:11
Hopefully they will try and keep the majority of BA ground staff on but I couldn't say for sure what they will do.

Just a thought...................
With Flybe and BACON merging (if it is signed) will flybe not need to keep the current BA ground staff as well as there current ones due to flybe needing staff for the increase in operations?

Twrecks
1st Mar 2007, 14:02
Most of the Operation jobs for flybe are in Exter ??

I do not think the ground staff in Bhx want to work for Swiss Port for less than they currently earn with less benefits. It will require a decent incentive.

The deal has not yet been signed. Pensions is the lastest hurdle.

Anotherflapoperator
1st Mar 2007, 15:46
Just want the slots? Somehow I was led to believe that FlyBE actually was interested in making money? The IOM LGW and INV LGW routes were the two most profitable routes BAConnect had. Despite the fact that so many of the passengers were onward travel and thus contributed only a small part of their yield to the route. The courier revenue that the IOM route carries would put many a current FlyBE route to shame too. INV carries a lot of seasonal tourists, as well as many busines folk too. Simply looking at them like that is missing the point.

FlyBE's discontinued LCY route from the Island was dropped because it couldn't dent the Manx/BACX London passenger figures enough. It did hurt a bit, but was survivable at the time. BA have swapped the suitable aircraft for a dog, not bothered to advertise, promote or protect the route at all over the years, and still it makes solid money and holds the company up.

Of course, you could be right. Would be a great pity though.

EmmaB
1st Mar 2007, 20:33
Given the weather prevalent at both the IOM and INV, I certainly hope a pair of Trousers becomes added soon!

Apparently the Flybe girls have been asking for trousers for years, but the top brass have said over their dead bodies. So the BACON ladies will just have to get used to chilly legs, like the rest of us :confused:

oldflyboy
1st Mar 2007, 21:52
Dear TeaAnyone21,

Latest rumour is you guys may not come into our crew room until it's been re-modelled and has your check in system installed. One of our PM's took down the club europe boards from the corridor today or so I've been told. On days off so not been in to check, anyone anymore real info?

Everyone getting anxious, according to pilots threads, looks like a lot of unhappy folk out there!

Your Manager has been telling crew on the welcome to flybe courses that he's 'gonna work you girls hard this summer, you won't get many days off'! Sounds a right charmer-NOT! Was this the same guy you said was Ok in a previous post? Or is it someone else? Older guy, says he's a regional manager, is that like our cabin crew base managers???:=

Starting to get concerned this outfit may not be what they say on the packet??

Airbourne-Adamski
2nd Mar 2007, 17:08
Apparently the Flybe girls have been asking for trousers for years, but the top brass have said over their dead bodies. So the BACON ladies will just have to get used to chilly legs, like the rest of us

I was there 6 years and the trouser issue was always being brought up, and as you know No Trousers, so EmmaB your spot on there.

I do Cabin Crew recruitment at easyjet as well as fly, I was talking to recruitment today and they were saying the current pilots coming through for recruitment are BACON. BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON. BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON.

Starting to get concerned this outfit may not be what they say on the packet??

I was with flybe for long enough, all I will say is there was a common habbit of promising one thing and doing another. NOT to say this will happen, and I am not aiming to slag flybe.

Oh on a good note I had a BACON groung staff girl from BRS at the cabin crew recruitment day, she was lovely. She was also saying how no one knows a thing, and how the mood is :sad:

The Fleet Manager
3rd Mar 2007, 14:55
May I congratulate all contributors to this thread for their positive and enthusiastic reaction to the merger/takeover. Can any of you explain why the pilots thread is so different, with so much harsh language and criticism wafting between Flybe and BACON personnel?

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Mar 2007, 15:42
I am guessing it is because the offers they have had from flybe are to put it politely not to there satisfaction.

EmmaB
3rd Mar 2007, 22:54
I was there 6 years and the trouser issue was always being brought up, and as you know No Trousers, so EmmaB your spot on there.
I know someone who complained bitterly about it, raised it as a grievance with HR etc, but was told the company had done market research with passengers and apparently they associate trolly dollies in trousers with low cost airlines and skirts with full service companies. And they said because Flybe stands for 'low fare, but not low cost' there will never be a trouser option for the ladies :) .

oldflyboy
4th Mar 2007, 07:59
Emma B,

Bit of a worry is my reaction to your post, as BA have had trousers for a couple of years, since the introduction of the Julian McDonald uniform. The more I find out about the company I am now joining the more anxious I become.

I don't think it's because our customers associate trousers with lo cost, I believe it's simply an old fashioned view of cabin crew as ,and I REALLY hate this phrase, 'trolley dollies'. Perhaps its a reality when you have male pilots in senior management roles. They like to see the girlies legs!! Another example of the differences between BACON and Flybe, which I really hope we can change.:=

I know this may get some reaction from flybe pilots, but having positioned on several flybe flights over the last year, I have yet to hear a Captain introduce his crew other than "My cabin crew are Jo and Sally", not Jo Brown and Sally White. Yes I know our pilots sometimes fall into the same trap, but the majority at least give the purser recognition and respect by using their surnames.

A clear example of this is the attitude to name badges. BA prefer that the in charge crew members introduce themselves using surnames and to encourage the recognition, they have them on their name badges. eg: 'Purser Jane Bloggs':D

'Senior Crew Member Jane' is all flybe have, Talk about Lo Cost! I was speaking to one of our PM's the other day and was told even they don't have their rank recognised in a badge, so simply have something like the above! :ugh:

Our nice and longest serving PM is leaving us mid march, I really must ask him what he thinks about that.

Still, let's hope we can all learn from each other as the months go by.

And incidentally if you read PPrune IM, we will all miss you, you are a super bloke!:ok:

PS: sorry if this has turned into a minor rant, but believe me folks, it's minor compared to the stuff on the pilots thread, sounds like us cabin crew will all have to go on a charm offensive to ease the transition !! However if all they had to worry about was name badges and trousers, I'm sure they would all be happier!!

PPS: If senior Flybe cabin crew managment read this, perhaps you can sort the trouser situation in the new uniform when it comes??

oldflyboy
4th Mar 2007, 10:14
Just heard from a mate in Ops, deal was signed yesterday!:D

Anotherflapoperator
4th Mar 2007, 13:16
I think you'll find the desire to wear trousers is nothnig to do with style, appearance in front of customers, etc. But most definitely due to the inclement weather suffered by one and all in the Northwest. You'll find the majority of Pilots really unhappy if they can't wear a hat for exactly the same reason too.

Practicality is the issue, that and retaining some body heat in 50mph rain squalls! I have the deepest respect for my colleagues who work behind me in the cabin, and their wellbeing and health are very important to me, as is the way I would describe them in PA's. That respect will continue no matter what the colour and style of the uniform though. The old BA uniform had trousers too didn't it? Manx winter kit had long black skirt like trousers too I seem to remember. I apologise if the memory is missing, but I've been on the 146 for too long and the organophosphates are getting to me.....:(

flyer55
4th Mar 2007, 13:28
Regarding the trousers for female crew couldnt the BACX crew stick together and force flybe to bring them into the uniform ?

Professor Fog
4th Mar 2007, 14:37
Can any of you explain why the pilots thread is so different, with so much harsh language and criticism wafting between Flybe and BACON personnel?
The pilots are being offered inferior terms and conditions, payfreezes till the respect flybe payscale catches up, which is equal to a paycut in real terms.
The prospect of eventially being forced back onto the dash which is again a career bashing move. There are many more but I won't bore you.
Have a look at what you guys are worrie about on this thread , not being able to wear trousers - oh, the hardship, eh !!! Whats that other major point, oh yes , surnames on name badges - the other mark of a good airline !!!!!
Geezz, you guys need to smell the coffee and realise this is not going to be a walk in the park !!!!!!!!!!!

GayFriendly
4th Mar 2007, 18:28
I have just spent a good while reading what people have to say about the possibly impending Flybe/BA Connect merger........a lot of you out there will probably think i'm nuts but I have seen that Flybe are recruiting for Southampton base for Cabin Crew - just wondering about how it is to work for Flybe as considering applying.........rosters, average take home pay etc - I flew for 6 years then gave it up 3 yrs ago, just can't settle to the 9-5 so thats why i'm considering it - I know this is prob not the best time to join with all the changes going on but hey, you only live once. Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

tiggerific_69
4th Mar 2007, 19:05
dunno,most of us are BACON posting on here and we havent worked for them yet!

EmmaB
4th Mar 2007, 19:45
Regarding the trousers for female crew couldnt the BACX crew stick together and force flybe to bring them into the uniform ?

Is it really worth kicking up a fuss? IMHO the Flybe uniform is smart and good quality. OK, trousers might be warmer and more practical but believe me you do get used to the skirts, who cares about chilly legs anyway? As long as your trunk and head are warm you'll be fine.

vodkaholic
4th Mar 2007, 22:45
does anyone have a picture of the flybe uniform? it sounds really swanky!!

osbo
5th Mar 2007, 05:51
As long as your trunk and head are warm you'll be fine.

Emma B - are you suggesting she's a Heffalump????

tiggerific_69
5th Mar 2007, 09:16
so the deal is done. anyone rudely awoken by the text this morning?

TeaAnyone21
5th Mar 2007, 10:42
No text just an email when I signed on. About time I say. Now all the what ifs can end and we can get on with doing what we do!

EmmaB
5th Mar 2007, 13:01
Emma B - are you suggesting she's a Heffalump????

LOL :D .

I have to say though, that Flybe can be a very hard tusk-master!

TeaAnyone21
6th Mar 2007, 10:31
ok so i have a VERY important question for the BHX (formerly) BA guys and gals. On behalf of many Flybe crew is there a smoking area airside at T2???;) Cant be doing a Toulouse - Hannover without a roon!

oldflyboy
6th Mar 2007, 16:57
Dear TeaAnyone21,

Heartbroken, you smoke! Tis the end of something wonderful, smokey kisses are not for this oldflyboy!

Yup, there is a nice ciggy littered bus shelter just outside the staff gate, a minutes walk from the crew room!

You'll never grow up to be a big strong girl if you smoke you know!

On Another Note:

So its official then, we are one company at last.

BUT how very SAD that the first thing Mr French does is close down a base! All those super people who fly from Bristol must be gutted. I just hope some of them come to Brum, Andy G used to commute after he had to leave cos he was too tall for the 145, guess it's OK if you live the Brum side of the City, but its still awful for all concerned.

Good Luck to all cabin and flight crew caught up in this particular upset.

glad2fly
6th Mar 2007, 19:50
I just wanted to say to oldflyboy that I too am sad that are eldest PM is to be leaving us very shortly, however I am sure we will be supported through the transition by the remaining 3 pm's as they have always done.:(

TeaAnyone21
7th Mar 2007, 00:36
Don't think I need to grow any more, wont fit on the 145 as it is! Thanks for the info. Many a smoker from flybe will be pleased.

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Mar 2007, 15:45
BUT how very SAD that the first thing Mr French does is close down a base! All those super people who fly from Bristol must be gutted

And this is a post I made on the 1st March

I can have ' some belife ' in that. When I was strutting my stuff at flybe many moons ago, flybe had quite an operation in IOM, ground staff increased there to. Then suddenly IOM routes seemed to disappear from many bases.
Flybe did many things when I was there, Open this base but we will close that one, oh now we will close the one we just opened and so on and so.
Not saying that is going to happen with the ' Merger ' as i am sure flybe have matured and learnt from those days.

I did not want to say it really on previous posts, and be the one who seems to think he knows it all with flybe's actions, but BRS getting closed by Flybe does not suprise me one bit. They were always good at opening and closing and so on.

Sorry for the BRS guys. And for the BRS guys or if no BRS guys on here hopefully some of you kind BACON guys can pass this on. We are recruiting at easyjet for BRS at the moment so why not apply http://www.easyjet.co.uk/EN/Jobs/Cabin/cabincrew_index.html

You never know I might see some of you guys on recruitment days.
I wish the BRS lot good luck in whatever they do.

tiggerific_69
8th Mar 2007, 18:10
just seen in the terms & endearments thread that pilots will be getting a £3000 bonus if they are still with the company in 3 months time.what about cabin crew????? seeing as WW has just given Mr French a nice payout!!!!!

W_18
8th Mar 2007, 21:16
Good point mate, as a driver I wasnt aware that there was no payment to cabin crew.
I will not forget or forgive the people responsible for the BRS closure announcement. The first indication that I got was walking in to work past a row of weeping cabin crew.
Hope the idiots responsible can sleep at night, not.

tiggerific_69
9th Mar 2007, 08:28
There are some lovely people at BRS and they dont deserve this.

oldflyboy
9th Mar 2007, 13:35
£3k for Captains, £1.5k for F/Os?

Nice one chaps, we probably are expendable as cabin crew, so no dosh for us, and mimimum uniform issue, no coats, 3 shirts, you try getting Mrs Oldflyboy to go down the laundrette every other day to get my shirts sorted! I can' because I will probably be working like a dog and anyway I can't serve customers with wrinkly wash day hands now can I??

And as for the welcome to flybe day! No real info, silly quizzes about uniform etc! DOH!:ugh:

Still, only another 10 years till retirement...................

No wonder old Ian Mac is leaving, can't say I blame him!:D

And I was so looking forward a week or so ago

Ho Hum.

And please don't get me going about Bristol BIG MISTAKE JIM, NONE OF US FEEL WE CAN TRUST YOU NOW!!!!!!

bermudatriangle
9th Mar 2007, 14:15
oldflyboy,well said.If the employees can't trust the leadership team..not much hope for a harmonious,sucessful working relationship.essential elements for a customer focussed business.passengers will just love being greeted by disgruntled,troubled cabin crew,wondering what the company will do to them next.does anyone really think things will get any better,I think not !

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Mar 2007, 16:14
Hi Guys

Well now the reality has hit, the deal is signed, Jim French has YET AGAIN F***ED crew over.
Through this thread I have kept a lot of interest to see how you guys felt, both BACON and Flybe. And until the deal was signed everyone was excited, a new adventure. And I belived that this could be the GOOD turning point for Flybe, and hoped that they had learnt from previous mistakes, and had learnt not to SCREW crew over like they used to.
So thats why I kept my mouth shut and did not want to go off on one and slag Flybe management off, As I belived this could be a good thing for you guys and did not want to be the one to spoil want could of been a good party.
But good old Flybe management have beat me to it.
Even though I am no longer part of flybe, and flybe/BACON does not affect my career, I still am angry that Flybe screws people, and has screwed BRS.
I had many friends in Flybe that were pushed from pillar to post. Close your base but you can move to this one we are opening, then now you have moved we are clsing you down again.

Watch out BACON.

just seen in the terms & endearments thread that pilots will be getting a £3000 bonus if they are still with the company in 3 months time.what about cabin crew Flybe have given the pilots this to keep them as they need someone to drive, to keep the a/c going.
Cabin Crew your not as much as a concern, the way they see it you are easily replaced compared to Flight Deck (This is nothing against you Flight Deck Guys). You dont need the training like flight deck, you dont cost nowhere near as much to train, and there plenty of people looking for C/C jobs.

I think that my Ranting finished with now on Flybe, Feel a bit better now.
Anyway good luck guys wether BE or BACON.

oldflyboy
12th Mar 2007, 22:04
Well, nothing to be done AA but put a brave face on and get on with it. Our PM's are looking gloomy apparantly they went down to exeter for some sort of presentation, perhaps they are miserable because of that.

Our oldest PM goes on Monday, I'm going to see if I can get in to see him before then. We will miss him.:{

This thread seems to be drying up, does no-one in flybe apart from TeaAnyone read prune? Keep it going guys or it will drop off the bottom of the pages!:=

Any hot gossip?? :O

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Mar 2007, 18:04
ofboy

This thread seems to be drying up

Funny you mention this I noticed this as well.

I was wondering if it was because the reality has hit, and the excitement as SUDDENLY gone with the firstly the bad news about BRS, and maybe you guys have seen what may happen :\

When is the 'Official' move to flybe taking place. As in Service and PA's uniform ect.
You BACON guys still be in your BA stuff when you start operating as flybe?

Hows the moods in the BACON camp at the moment?

oldflyboy
13th Mar 2007, 22:39
As you say AA, lots resigned to it, several keeping their options open. Several experienced crew leaving, couple of the ex Brymon girls who opened that base here at Brum are in last few days before they leave us. Most of the ex BAR crew going or gone, only 4 left by end of next week from the 87 who stayed when we formed Cityexpress.

We are now a very inexperienced base, the final history of BA will be wiped out when the decorators move in and start ripping down walls etc.

We will all be in Flybe uniform and delivering the Flybe product on the 25th March, but still operating with our BACON pilots on the Barbie on our current BA Sops. Last few RJ100 trips towards the end of the month, they will all be gone we are told by 25th, apart from a couple of ad-hoc charters.

Exeter is writing our April rosters God help us! Good news is that we go onto Flybe money from 1st April, so some of us will get more dosh, i.e. newish Pursers..............oh sorry mean Number Ones!! God this airline is amateur! Everything we hear about Flybe seems to give cause for concern, even our PM's look worried!!

Is it true the head of cabin services is a right C*W?

C'mon AA, get Stelios to open a base here!!

tiggerific_69
14th Mar 2007, 11:03
Sounds promising...
Didnt realise we were still working on the RJ (im on leave atm) I didnt think we could now that we belong to different companies.
Id love to know what its like down in the dungeons of T2 at the moment...i missed all the excitement when we started the BA Connect service last year because i was on leave!!!

dustybin
14th Mar 2007, 17:24
Get over yourself Oldflyboy! purser, No1 what the hell does it matter what you are called (as long as you have a job) As you said you are a new NO1 so the power must have went to your head. You are in for a shock! if we are such amateurs then do you and us a favour and head to the job centre, if you can get that head through.

Beaver man
14th Mar 2007, 17:54
Well said Dusty! We engineers are getting pretty cheesed off with the attitude of our new "colleagues"! The answer is quite simple, do us all a favour if you don't like it, foxtrot oscar, PLEASE!!

oldflyboy
14th Mar 2007, 20:17
Funny, coulda sworn this was a cabin crew thread, tut tut gentlemen, its a rumour site after all, lighten up!

anotherspaceman
14th Mar 2007, 20:29
OFB
To be fair, it is a cabin crew thread on a professional pilots site!! Now do try and post in a manner so as not to offend OUR new flybe colleagues. It sounds good all round so be positive, give it a good shot and sure if you don't like it than you can do something about it.

If you haven't had a roster from EXT then wait til you get one, it could be top notch - if its not then complain like mad!

From what I have seen there is absolutely nothing amateur about flybe. There is a massive amount of work going on in the background and there is bound to be the odd mistake - give them a break and a bit of support.
:D

Beaver man
14th Mar 2007, 21:28
Thanks Anotherspaceman, nice to hear that it isn't all moaning and whingeing from our new friends. Good to have you and your like minded colleagues wih us. Now this greasy rag will remove himself from the upper echelon of the aviation world before poor old OFB has a fit. Why on earth do we need licenced engineers anyway?!!

W_18
14th Mar 2007, 21:43
shutting brs is a mistake then?

dustybin
14th Mar 2007, 21:54
Thanks spaceman for backing your new colleague up, nice to have someone on side. OFB yes your right this is a cabin crew thread and I'm cabin crew (imagine that amateur cabin crew finding their way around an aviation website:eek: ) What annoys me is that a lot of the amateur cabin crew you refer to have come from other major airlines (airlines you could only dream about) A lot were made redundant and didn't have the options you have or their arses kissed along the way (they were shown the door with a pat on the back) others have chosen Flybe for personal lifestyle reasons such as being at a regional airport close to friends and family. So i will offer you my best advise and loss the "your better than us" attitude it stinks:= And it will go down like a lead balloon online.

anotherspaceman
14th Mar 2007, 22:51
Now Dusty you are very welcome to the support -but calm down - don't take the bait - and don't be sarcastic, you are only winding him up!

He just needs a gentle education, which flybe will deliver in due course

Big chill pill ;)

dustybin
15th Mar 2007, 10:47
I am chilled just educating the man on that not everyone is there cause they can't get a job with an another airline, which seams to be a lot of people's perception of us. I was even speaking to some BAcon crew the other day who seamed shocked that a lot of us had moved from other airlines to be with Flybe. Even more shocked that some came from the world that is BA. We have all served our time at other airlines and joined Flybe for a better lifestyle or just a job and at the bottom of the seniority list (touchy subject).

oldflyboy
15th Mar 2007, 14:12
Well folks, lot of you seem to be getting areated over my last post, so first up, my apologies if I offended anyone, not intended, but having re-read it, I can understand your comments.Sackcloth and Ashes in the OFB household for a while then.

For info, I am well aware how everyone contributes, and of course all of us, including myself, will work 100% to the success of the company we are joining. Having said that is it wrong to seek the best for everyone, and have concerns about what the future looks like? NO!

LOTS of super folk have lost jobs through this, ops, crew control, customer services, ramp services, managers, the list is endless. And of course I am lucky to have a job.Won't stop me empathising with them and wishing things were different though.

However the truth is that everyone I know would all still love to be working for BA. We understand the reasons why we are not, but don't put us down for having concerns about what flybe are about. It's natural, this transition period is full of uncertainty for us as well as you guys in flybe I am sure.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If it all works out, super, and this oldflyboy will eat humble pie and apologise to everyone if flybe turn out to be the promised land.

And dustybin, I was not referring to my new or old colleagues when I talked about ameteurs................ Apologies if it was read that way, its about process and communication and style, not people.

beaverman, no offence intended, when you have been flying as long as I have of course we are are of how important EVERYONE is, but engineers do whinge as well, I know cause I've worked alongside them for so many years. Quoth" Oh God another full page of cabin defects" etc! Perhaps we can share a pint or two in the future and discuss the merits of communication?

Spaceman, thanks for the comments, but my first para should cover your concerns. We will do our best, will welcome everyone into the new Flybe, ex BACON crew room and look forward, but forgive us the occassional glance over the shoulder please!

Also it's nice to see more contributors on this even if they are slagging me off!

Safe Flying.

tiggerific_69
16th Mar 2007, 10:27
Just out of interest,have BACON crews received an April roster yet?

W_18
16th Mar 2007, 10:51
is that ajoke??

cabingal
16th Mar 2007, 11:12
Apparently the roster is coming out on 18th!!!

anotherspaceman
16th Mar 2007, 16:33
Dusty
Bacon CC do not have a seniority list. So how do you merge that one then eh?

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 16:54
OFB
Sounds like you hit a few flybe nerves :\ with regard to.......
C'mon AA, get Stelios to open a base here!!
I can't see that one happening, not the market for them there.
But hey there are plenty of jobs with easyjet at many other places with direct entry Seniors. Anyway less of the job advertising.
You agree with you that as BACON guys I am sure you are concerned (especially after whats happened as BRS)
I must confess I have also ripped into flybe a little in this thread due to my experiance at flybe when i was there. And in fairnessI had a good time there, but bad ones to (I think to prevent an argument I wont say to much)
I think for BACON it will take a few months to settle into flybe, then it will be interesting to see how the feelings are then.
With regard to whats the cabin Services Manager or some of the managers is like, i need to keep somethings to myself :mad: Thats a whole other story.

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 17:41
Here is a interesting video for you flybe guys on the Q400, and for you BACON guys going onto the Q400

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6440000/newsid_6444500/6444575.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm

oldflyboy
16th Mar 2007, 20:15
AA, want to PM me with your scuttlebutt?

Anotherflapoperator
16th Mar 2007, 20:28
Nice link.

Reminds me a bit about the old ATPs, I reckon we had a one in five chance of getting a landing minus one of the gear units on those. Many lucky crews got the chance to ride the old bus along the runway on one flap!

Nice landing BTW, he looked like he could have taxied the thing in it was that smooth.

BTW no rosters yet, but if Rashers go to live roster, they'll see their days off and ground courses shown in there. Hope that helps.

tiggerific_69
16th Mar 2007, 20:37
thank flapoperator,im out of touch at the moment as ive been on leave since the first weekend in march! :ok:

anotherspaceman
16th Mar 2007, 20:42
Flaps
Here ya go again

"one in five chance of getting a landing minus one of the gear units"

boll*cks - how many landings did we do in an ATP?

How many nose gear failures - 1

How many main gear failures - 2

Many lucky crews got the chance to ride the old bus along the runway on one flap!

@rse!

Now I know the flaps are going to open soon but try and keep it together!!

Anotherflapoperator
17th Mar 2007, 13:57
Doh!

I should have said that when you looked at the number of hulls that had a problem with gear (5), the number of hulls we had at the time (15) and the one in five assumption adds up. BAe did no mods or ever really found out what was causing it, so the odds on another one happening were very high.

I did 3 1/5 years and 1500hrs just waiting for my turn, and luckily it didn't happen to me. Fortunately the 146 got in the way first.

As to landing technique, even with all the wheels down, it was more of a lottery than camelot can manage!

Anyway, back to topic, eh.

Anyone actually got their uniforms yet?

Airbourne-Adamski
18th Mar 2007, 14:55
Gone quit on here again LOL,

Flybe shut down another base? :ooh: :} Just kidding

I thought you BACON/Flybe guys would be full of goss especially now :E

tiggerific_69
18th Mar 2007, 16:16
got my welcome to flybe course coming up....should be interesting!!!i dont actually know whats being covered on it,but im sure it wont be dissimilar to the "service delivery course" we all went through 12 months ago.I dont know if anyone has been given their uniform yet...supposed to be in it as of next Sunday.
wonder if oldflyboy can shed some light??

Airbourne-Adamski
18th Mar 2007, 16:31
tiggerific_69

Be interesting to share with us what the Welcome to Flybe course consists of and what you do on it.

So keep us posted and let us know.

cabingal
18th Mar 2007, 16:47
I've got mine tomorrow!

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Mar 2007, 13:40
Let us know how it goes and what they say ect.
Be interesting to see what has changed since I was there

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Mar 2007, 16:14
Hi there folks,

Just a shout out to any JER crew on here.
Basically trying to catch up on old work colleges.

I was based in JER from 1999 to 2004.

So if you were based in JER during that time, or know any of the crew still there that have been at flybe within those 6 years. Please say hello, would love to catch up with some of you I know.

Either Post on here or send me a private meesage.

Hopefully speak soon

Adam

oldflyboy
20th Mar 2007, 09:43
Just taking a moment to reflect folks, as yesterday 19th was a sad day at Brum cos our oldest Performance Manager Ian Mackenzie, who opened up the BA base in 1972, finally took early retirement. He was a nice guy and looked after so many of us with problems, using good humour, compassion and his long expereince to resolve our problems and made us feel special. I know he reads prune as we have spoken about it, so I hope you have a long and happy retirement mate.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As for uniforms, loads have arrived, so it looks like we will all be in red next Sunday. The Welcome to Flybe course is OK, looking at the obcs, drills for catering, uniform regs etc. You get back what you put in, I sort of enjoyed that.

Rosters are out, I hear there are some 'drive yourself to SOU, operate 4 sectors' type trips! What's that all about, a 4 hour drive then operate!!!!!????? If I get one and they don't supply MT I shall be filling out a 'chirps' form I can tell you, can't be safe can it? I do that run to the coast to visit friends, its a nightmare at the best of times, can't imagine driving it then flogging up to LBA then CDG! Wonder what Ian Mac would think about that! :=

What's this on the pilots thread about ryanair opening a base in BRS? Anyone heard anything? Still mad at flybe for shutting down a great base, super place to fly from, crew are lovely.:sad:

Safe Flying All!

tiggerific_69
20th Mar 2007, 12:17
ive got two lots of four days down in SOU,two of the four days are positioning, by plane, via belfast.Suits me,i cant be arsed to drive all that way. And i prefer the view from up there ;)

OFB you must have been close to I Mac.You seem to be in the fleet office a lot by the sound of your posts!!

oldflyboy
20th Mar 2007, 15:51
Yes tigger, known him a few years, and it's OK to go into the fleet office you know, they don't bite!

Were you rostered to position by air or did you ask not to drive??

tiggerific_69
20th Mar 2007, 17:14
ah but they try to bite sometimes,and sometimes it is wrongly = not good!
nope,just had it on my roster like this,im not complaining,although longleat is pretty close so im thinking of asking for a hire car one way so i can drive to longleat & into southampton because ive got 24 hours free there from when i arrive after positioning to when i report for my duty!

dollydaydream
22nd Mar 2007, 18:37
I went to my welcome course trying to be positive, what a waste of a day:bored: It was all about selling, no-one could answer any questions and after the rosters came out I think most crew quickly realised any information we had been given pre-signing was at best ill informed and at worst a big fat fib:mad:
And before someone tells me I should think myself lucky to have a job - I don't:mad: I have worked bloody hard over the years and to have this dropped on me with no choices is, in my opinion, utter ****e.
It is sad that people haven't stuck together and fought for something better.
I have every sympathy with people who have lost their jobs and I sincerely hope they find something better soon.
I mean no offence to anyone who works for Flybe, that is your choice.
I believe that the t&c's negociated may have improved things for you and I hope that people will continue to push for this to carry on.
The atmosphere in the crew room is dire, there is no-one to pass on information, uniform issue is a disaster, one girl has 3 shirts and 1 skirt and is being asked to operate on a 3 day tour with that!
What fun, I can't wait for the 25th:ugh:

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 18:50
Dolly im really surprised, i felt that the BHX welcome to flybe course was very positive, lots of information.I know they focus on selling, but that is what they do & it is their service standard. imagine if they had come over to us instead,that we were still bacx & we were teaching them how to give out sandwiches and drinks!!they would probably say that all were bothered about is customer service. its because its a change,its something different that it seems like that is all they are bothered about.BACON didnt push the selling thing when it went live, at least FlyBE do,because they know this is where they can make money.Just think of all the commission you will be getting compared to what we get now!!!
the T&C's arent THAT bad, ok we are taking a drop in some of our terms and conditions,but not many of them.would you rather have a drop in T&C's or no job?i know which I and many others would prefer.
Uniform here at BHX is pretty well organised & the PM doing this has done a marvellous job.yes,everyone has got a VERY basic issue of uniform,but nothing was ordered until the deal was signed on the first weekend in March for obvious reasons, and i think to issue that amount of uniform within two weeks - well they've done a spectacular job, dont forget they will have to get the pilots into uniform too.We've all got to go through this, I'm working Sunday but dont even have my uniform yet, but im just being patient because everyone seems to be trying their hardest, and the guys making the uniform can only make so much at any one time!!I go away on a four day trip next week,i doubt i'll have enough shirts etc, but what can i do?just make use of the facilities available to me to try & clean my shirts.we were told that they clean & dry pretty easily,so it shouldnt be a problem.
PLEASE try and be positive about the whole thing, we have to pull together to make this work.If it wasnt for Flybe, we'd ALL be out of a job.Flybe have got direction,they know where they're going and they know how to do it,unlike BACON/BACX - they wouldnt know how to organise a pi55 up in a brewery.
If you do have any questions that people wont answer for you up in Manchester, why not post them on here?There are a couple of Flybe guys who can probably answer them for you,if not im sure they'll do their best to find out :)

dollydaydream
22nd Mar 2007, 19:21
I am glad you are finding it such a positive pleasant experience. I and the majority of my colleagues are not.
Why should I have to resort to asking questions on a public forum when I should have been given this information weeks ago.
I don't want to sell 'gifts' regardless of the commission I will make.
I am of the oldfashioned opinion that passengers are there to fly from A to B and NOT to shop.
As regards the uniform, I do understand the logistics of issuing it all in the timescale allowed. Obvious answer would be to wait until everyone has actually got the minimum required to enable them to look anywhere decent i.e/ skirt, jacket, which is incidently like a throwback to the 80's, and a shirt. Not too much to ask:mad:

marlowe
22nd Mar 2007, 19:22
Tigger thats harsh saying BACE/BACON management could not organise a pi$$ up in a brewery they made some of there finest decisions while in there lol!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 19:30
dolly,im sorry that you feel that way.is it PM's youve been asking in MAN about the whole flybe thing or other people?maybe after Sunday ask the Flybe PM's any questions you may have, or see if you can get a contact number for someone from Flybe to answer any questions,or maybe see if you can speak to the PM's at BHX?
Duty free has always been popular on flights, we used to do it when we were BACX but again didnt sell as much because it wasnt pushed. I can understand you saying that its about getting people from A to B and not selling things, i completely agree with you, but this is the way the market has turned and now it only seems to be a small minority of airlines who do not concentrate on selling items on board.
I believe there is talk of a new uniform,as a lot of us BACON crew have been asking for trousers & that the new uniform could be here within a couple of years.As far as im aware,anyone who doesnt have the new uniform after the 25th and is meant to be operating will be taken offline,not our fault i know but at least they want us all to look pretty much the same.
The lack of communication has caused low morale across the whole of the company,i thought that maybe the welcome to flybe days would improve things, but obviously not.Im sad to hear that there are a lot of people feeling this way in MAN,you all deserve better than to be misinformed (or not informed at all)
Marlowe - wasnt their best decision selling us to flybe??????

dollydaydream
22nd Mar 2007, 19:35
Do you really believe that Flybe was their only option?
Perhaps it was more of a case of who they didn't want to sell it to.

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 19:38
it could have been worse!

dollydaydream
22nd Mar 2007, 19:44
That is of no concellation, either to me or to the pax who are voting with their feet.
I hope it goes well for you at BHX but expect a big recruitment campaign in MAN.

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 19:47
good luck to you,and i hope things work out for you,whether you choose to stay with the new flybe,or to move on.

oldflyboy
23rd Mar 2007, 10:45
I know I have a rep as being sometimes a doom merchant, but it's only because I want stuff to go well with the merger, and up till some news I had yesterday I have been very keen for the whole BACON/FLYBE thing to be a success, after all I need to work!

HOWEVER, it now seems FLYBE are going back on their word in several areas, perhaps AdamAdamski was right!

Crew support were told on Tuesday they would be kept until October while flybe looked at them, then one of them was told Wednesday in a full flybe crew room at BHX by the 'Manager' ( known I believe as Fat Bas***d so my spys in Flybe tell me) " we need to talk as we don't need you after Sunday as crew support is shutting down"!!!

Also he was overheard telling someone that flybe did not want the BACON PM's!

I hope this is all not true, it just seems however that our worst fears are coming home to roost. First BRS base closure, then rumour BACON pilots not getting their payment, now this about crew support.

I'm sure dustybin et al will hammer me for this, but there is no smoke without fire guys, IF all this is true, it smacks of duplicity at best!

I really hope its not, does anyone have any info about all this stuff??

tiggerific_69
23rd Mar 2007, 11:03
im shocked at that about CST,cos one of our lady PM's mentioned it when someone asked "what do we do if we need to fone CST after sunday" and she said "oooh just fone them,theyre staying for at least 6 months because Flybe are trialling it!"
Interesting times ahead for all.
has anyone seen the Kickstart 2007 webcasts on nextgenairline website?

dustybin
23rd Mar 2007, 11:18
Crew support team??? don't even know what they are or do some info would be great. As for FB in BHX doesn't surprise or shock me, i suggest the person involved phone EXT and let them know (best to come from the horse mouth and not the donkeys arse) I'm sure they will kick his if they know.

tiggerific_69
23rd Mar 2007, 11:25
crew support came in about november 2005,to go between the cabin crew & crew control.sometimes they are useful,sometimes they arent.

dustybin
23rd Mar 2007, 11:28
Then proberly best keeping my thoughts to myself, as why have a middle man? Althought a few in Flybe!

oldflyboy
23rd Mar 2007, 14:10
FYI Dusty,

Crew support were a team of folk on duty, 1 set in MAN, who looked after northern bases, 1 in BHX who looked after the south. Crew could call from 0530 to 2200 to go sick, sort roster changes, dependancy days etc., without having to wait in a long telephone line to talk to crew control. It seemed to work! The BHX guy and gals are/were great, always helpful if they could, told it like it was if your requests were out of order etc. Really bad way they have been treated I'm afraid!

Talked to one of the 2 ladies off on maternity today, neither had been told officialy by FB!!!

SAD SAD SAD!

What an appaling way to treat people!:= :{

tiggerific_69
23rd Mar 2007, 22:45
aaaah OFB how is said lady on maternity?hope she's well!
Had a txt from "Flybe" earlier saying the first day for everyone being in Uniform is now the 1st April and to continue wearing BA uniforms until 31st March.Hopefully everyone will have had theirs by then!!!
Its frustrating to see uniforms arrived for people who have left the company/transferred to CityFlyer - they should have cancelled those!!!!

bermudatriangle
23rd Mar 2007, 23:29
how apt APRIL 1st.....just about sums it up don't you think ?

dollydaydream
24th Mar 2007, 20:34
My thoughts exactly!!

Wasn't impressed by the 'non-threatening' letter either:mad:

marlowe
25th Mar 2007, 18:36
its not all sweetness and light in Cityflyer you know!!!!!

tiggerific_69
25th Mar 2007, 21:53
BHX is looking very very different!!!

oldflyboy
26th Mar 2007, 13:20
You are right tigger, BHX is very different, but its only what we should expect I suppose.

My real concerns are about how we will be managed, I've not heard a good word about FB and now I've met him I am not enamoured!

Sad to see our great admin ladies have been given the boot! Apparantly told on Thursday last week that Friday was their last day as " Flybe crew look after themselves, they don't need an admin team"!!

Want a laugh? Watch our ex BACON PM's boogying to The Bay City Rollers on Central News tonight??!!! FB wanted them to add a touch of 'glamour' to the Flybe TV launch of BHX. Sexist Bast**d!

Ho Hum!

cflybe
29th Mar 2007, 13:13
i just wanted to say i have been at flybe for 4 and a half years and it is a great company to work for, however since the ba crew have appered i think i will have to watch our jobs, i mean ba couldnt make 3 companys work, because all the crew seem to do is moan, like the take over or go and find another job !!!!!!!

marlowe
29th Mar 2007, 13:39
cflybe after struggling to make sense of your grammer i am guessing you are not very happy with things then?

tiggerific_69
29th Mar 2007, 16:02
Cflybe

I am grateful for my job and i know that if the deal with Flybe hadnt gone through,i probably would have been redundant by now.In fact, im actually glad im working for Flybe now, because i know im working for a company thats got direction, motivation and knows what theyre doing and knows how to make money successfully.Its young,its fresh, its bright - much nicer compared to old fashioned BA.You know what else is nice?Not being tarred with a brush that we're all miserable, and that we all go on strike. Because that has been said to me by passengers before, and so i politely told them not all of us in Connect and in Mainline are like that.

EVERYBODY moans.I have tried to be positive about the situation,and still am even though I am tired after starting at 2pm yesterday and finishing at 1am this morning because we had go to Frankfurt instead of somewhere a bit closer to home.But its ok,because the passengers were happy & grateful that we were bringing them home, and the crew were good and we all managed to have a laugh and a joke together.
I could point out more reasons why people arent so happy.But you'll call me a moaner.To hell with it, i'll tell you anyway.

Monday morning,checking in. We dont have a clue what to do. But it's ok,because the flight crew helped us out.very friendly bunch.

Make our way into the crew room to get paperwork,EPOS etc.But were not sure what to do.Asked some Flybe crew if they would help - they would rather go for a cigarette - not a brilliant start!! But it was ok, because some management came over and helped us out.
We were delayed downroute and we finished two hours late because of paperwork procedures for the flight deck - flight plans etc. But thats ok, gave us chance to play with the EPOS machines,have a look around the onboard bars & see what products we've got.
When we arrived back, we didnt know what to do with our money because we havent received paying in books yet. So we went to the office to find out what to do - there wasnt one single person in there. But it was ok, because some of the Flybe crew came and helped out.

To every negative side, there is a plus point.
And anyway, what has the BA Connect crew got to do with your jobs?It was management who made the company fail, not the crew.We've all worked extraordinarily hard over the last two years to help the company.And crew moaning has absolutely no effect on whether your job is safe or not.As ive said, EVERYBODY in EVERY company moans,regardless of what job they do, or who they work for.Simply because nothing is perfect.

JobsaGoodun
30th Mar 2007, 09:39
tiggerific_69 - it is the likes of you that Flybe must retain.

Many ex BACon crew would appear to have gone to great lengths to help out over the last few days as delays ex BHX became apparent. It is a testament to the calibre of these staff and those longer serving Flybe crews that things did not grind to a halt.

Every company has employees who feel they are owed something, however it is these people who only disrupt the lives of their colleagues and unfortunately they are normally the most vocal.

I'm not digging at anyone personally or on this forum, it is just an observation and one not solely related to our industry.

Airbourne-Adamski
31st Mar 2007, 14:15
WOW

I have been away for just over a week, and the REALITY has kicked in with a vengance. :eek:

Firstly I would like to say, i was recruiting for new crew the other day (easyjet) and we had quite a few BACON guys there from BRS, which was nice to see, not that they lost there jobs of course, but there is more cabin crew jobs there for them at BRS, So good luck guys who attended our recruitment days or is going to attend.

Ok back to the nitty gritty. It seems like exciting times of Flybe takeover has now VERY much passed and turned to somewhat a ****e reality for alot of you at BACON (NO OFFENCE TO FLYBE GUYS).

I think I have said this before, During the start of this thread I kept my mouth shut about my 6 years at Flybe and my thoughts on management and their decision ect ect ect.
But boy You BACON guys are already realising fastwhat Flybe can be like and are like.
At this point I would like to point out that the folks at flybe I worked with were and are great people. My moaning is aimed at the higher levels of flybe sociaty.

Flybe have taken over airlines before, not on the scale of BACON, they took staff on ect, things went ok then they kept some of the routes and F:mad: ed everone off as hit the road. Not saying this will happen here, saying that BRS is a example.

OFB
Sounds like your on the frontline at BHX with whats happening, you got undercover spies working for you LOL.

I will finish up by saying I did enjoy my 6 years at Flybe, but just watch out, the management are not the best by far, and decions they often made were not the best for moral, but the flybe folks you will work with are good people.

Anyway I finished gabbing for now, See what comes next.

nesboy 1976
1st Apr 2007, 09:59
Well i'm sure there will be a few crew making their way back across the bridge when 'flyforbeans' starts in the autumn!:D

Nesboy

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Apr 2007, 12:07
Does Flybe still have its nickname when I was there which is

Flymaybe, Occasionally, Tech Indiffinatly :}

TechProblem
1st Apr 2007, 18:49
Not really, as most of there a/c (apart from teh Bacon ones) are brand new. :)

RED WINGS
2nd Apr 2007, 18:40
hahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Funny how many 145's jetting around compared to Q400 and 146's parked up this week! One of wich was the likely cause of tiggerifics late night jaunt to FRA.

Airbourne-Adamski
4th Apr 2007, 15:15
I read another Forum that you now have a Dash 300 and EMB 145 painted up in flybe colours.
I have been scanning the net and as yet not found pics of them.
Cant wait to see what they are like.

marlowe
4th Apr 2007, 18:14
Its just photos that have been touched up with photoshop thats all !!!!!!

mupepe
4th Apr 2007, 19:28
I've appointment next week for DEC with Flybe !
what should I expect for the interview ?
look like "terrible" reading all your posts but will go and see what's exact conditions and terms !
I'll honestly fight for a Jet position.
any comments?

thank you guys

TeaAnyone21
5th Apr 2007, 07:34
I assume that when you say you will fight for a jet position you are a pilot. In which case that may be unlikely. Flybe operate Q400's and E195's as well as the E145 from BA. The queues from current pilots to fly the 195 are to put it mildly 'a bit long'. Its doubtful Flybe will recruit for the 145 as they will be phased out so that leaves the prop.

Thats just what I know and I am sure a pilot can tell you more but thats fairly accurate.

JobsaGoodun
5th Apr 2007, 08:17
The first batch of new candidates commenced their E145 training this week. Some of these may have been in the pool from BACon and some from the Flybe pool.

Although reducing the 145's over the coming years, there are 28 to get rid of and this will take some time, through until 2009/2010. They'll certainly be recruiting onto this fleet given those timescales.

marlowe
5th Apr 2007, 11:10
Oldflyboy where are you? need some of your insight as to how its all going in Flybe

tiggerific_69
5th Apr 2007, 12:13
Gonna be Exeter or Southampton methinks!

marlowe
5th Apr 2007, 12:23
I guess he is poor thing must be knackered!!!!!! Still he will be able to tell us all about it when/if he gets back!

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Apr 2007, 11:45
Just something I found on another forum
A youtube vid of flybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42T_AUD8Iag#GU5U2spHI_4

dollydaydream
18th Apr 2007, 13:18
No-one got any Flybe news? Everyone too shell-shocked to post??
What a joke:rolleyes:

hottowel
18th Apr 2007, 19:57
LOL that video makes me laff... good to see you are all having fun at work, but whats with the Tropical Beach? Doesnt look like Lee on Solent near Southampton hehehe xx

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Apr 2007, 13:25
Was talking to a a capt here at easy and we both like a chin wag as we are both ex flybe.

Any hows he was saying he was speaking to some flybe flight deck friends and there is some unhappiness with many people leaving.
I know its flight deck orientated but what do you guys know?

Whats cabin crew feelings now its been several weeks since the merger.

Mia Donna
24th Apr 2007, 09:30
Hi guys ,

having recently switched from baconnect to flybe , i must say that i have not been happy ! all the flybe management are trying to do is make everyone as unhappy as poosible by screwing with everyones rosters ! i mean i have not worked for over two weeks and my time is taken up by stand bys . and when you do work they are all to keen to change around your shift (extend it).

Although this can be a blessing in disguise i guess if it means you will be getting crew food !! wow !!! which does seem to be of better quality than the previous ba connect stuff .i mean anything not with a tikka masala sauce is 100 times better for me !

i have searched high and low for jobs , but am tempted to stay so i can be miserable and moan for the rest of my working life !

Mr french would you not care to come and see your newly aquired slaves ? honour us with your presence ? no doubt if you do i will have no wind in my sails and will probably run away with any confrontational remarks well and trully hidden away !! ha ha thats life eh ?

I hope it goes well for everybody who is deciding to stick with it , there are a lot of fabulous people who have been through that many variations of this company it is untrue . They deserve better than to be treated like dirt !

x

cabingal
25th Apr 2007, 18:50
Couldn't have put it better myself. Well said!:D

tiggerific_69
25th Apr 2007, 22:28
got a "nice" 4 day southampton trip in a couple of days.on my april roster,the last day was an early 0630 report sou-ams-sou then position home via bhd

i have now received my may roster - the end of the trip is in may - and this duty has now been extended.i still do the early sou-ams-sou then theyve now added in a sou-iom-sou.then position home later via bhd.six sectors,13 hour 20 minute day,and i presume its legal because i pos home.

next day,report at 11am for a 4 sector 11hour day.

i havent even had this as a revision

im not gonna stay for s**t like that. i was gonna give it chance but that just takes the pi55.i am SO narked off about it.i better hope my other half will be around to pick me up after work & drop me there the next day,because its most likely that i will be too tired to drive.

got an interview coming up for a none flying job.pay is just as good,if not better.i think if i get it,i may well take it.i love flying.but this isnt on.

Hirsutesme
26th Apr 2007, 16:37
Hey, stick with it guys, it's bound to be a bit difficult until it all beds down. I reckon in 3/4 months it will all be a lot better!

dollydaydream
26th Apr 2007, 18:34
People 'apparantly' voted yes to all this!! There is going to have to be some major turnaround if its going to work. Will any crew be left?

lord mash
27th Apr 2007, 13:09
This is the way FLYbe always is -changes to rosters extension of duty is was like this before BA joined us and will probably always be like it so dont hold your breath.
There are basicaly two choices stick with it or look around for something else, but dont expect disruptions to rosters to get better unless TGWU vastly improve the scheduling agreement for us, and based on the current performance i dont think thats likely in the next 12 months or 12 years

Mia Donna
27th Apr 2007, 22:05
lord mash ,

unlike yourself many of us never chose to join flybe so comments like that are neither appreciated or taken lightly . there are crew at ex ba connect who have been flying for longer than some of flybe have been on the planet . good hardworking people ! many of whom have left without even a thank you .

we are all doing our best to adapt ! i am sure if ryanair were to take over fly be you would feel the same !!

yes we moan !! do we not have the right ???? i for one did not apply to flybe nor would have !!! unfortunatly i like all of you guys have financial commitments which currently does not allow me to give up my job at the moment !! in the meantime i turn up to my duties on time in full flybe regalia working my backside off , so excuse me for having a bit of a moan !!!

:ugh:

lord mash
28th Apr 2007, 09:45
Mia Donna sorry if you are offended by my post i am simply pointing out the way i see it and i am not happy either at the moment
Please dont forget you dont know my background either. Whatever choice you make about flybe hope its the right one for you but what else is there apart from stay or go?
LM

Mia Donna
28th Apr 2007, 16:39
apolgies lm , just taking out my frustrations on you i guess !!! it is just all so **** at the moment . xx

tiggerific_69
28th Apr 2007, 17:12
a crewmember positioned to southampton this morning.on arrival in southampton,the crew member,who had now finished their duty, was asked to operate a flight which departed within less than an hour.the crew member had to get changed,report and brief in this time.

the person this crewmember was covering,was sitting on airport standby.

another crewmember, positioning home from southampton,was halfway home and was contacted via the taxi driver.the taxi driver was instructed to return to southampton as the crew member needed to operate a flight from southampton.the crewmember wasnt even back at southampton by the time they should have got home.

there must be people on standby in southampton surely,i mean whats going on there???

dollydaydream
29th Apr 2007, 08:33
There seems to be a complete lack of organization, how has this company survived for so long??? I've heard of people being stranded because positioning flights haven't been booked, people being asked to operate right up to legal limits and being told to ground the aircraft overseas to avoid going out of hours.......the list goes on.
You flybe people say it has always been like this so why are you not constantly onto the unions in protest. It is disgraceful, like going back in time. There will always be people willing to put up with anything in order to be crew so flybe will always be able to recruit but as mia donna says this was forced upon us and most people who are left have reasons preventing them from leaving at the moment but I don't think there is anyone left who still thinks things may get better!!
I tried to make an informed vote and suspected at the time that the information we were given was inaccurate to say the least.....how true that is. I suspect at some bases there are passengers voting with hteir feet too!

JobsaGoodun
29th Apr 2007, 09:25
I am genuinely suprised by some of the comments on here. It's just over 1 month in an everyone seems to be forgetting the enormous task and acheivement made since 25MAR.

Bringing two huge companies together was always going to be tricky, but jeez at least let things settle down a bit (ie) a few months, before you start to gripe at how bad things are.

tiggerific - If the aircraft for the crewmember was a 145, then no, there are no qualified cabincrew based in SOU so looking to standby's is useless. Although I think there are probably a few ex BACon flightdeck who were made to transfer base out of SOU when the base was closed who are now quite happy that Flybe have opened it again for this aircraft.

dolly - did you seriously think that things would just carry on running as they were post 25MAR! Organising one airline of 250 flights a day takes careful planning, doing the same with one that operates close to 500 a day is all the more tricky I'm sure! You'll know how easily things can go wrong, so why not just give people a chance to catch up and take a breath before making judgement on them.

I hope that many ex BACon crew may already have realised that they are operating aircraft with many more passengers on this month in comparison to last month, a clear sign that the Flybe business model is right. Success will mean that conditions can be changed to better everyone's lives so long may this continue.

I've heard that the punctuality results for the combined operation for April is currently around 80% of all flights departing within 15mins of scheduled departure. If correct, and given what has been done, that figure is an awesome acheivement for everyone involved!

dollydaydream
29th Apr 2007, 12:04
I find your reply patronising.
I am aware that this is now a much bigger operation - it is a pity Flybe didn't come to the same conclusion 'pre March 25th' and organize things in advance.
Why now realize they need extra people in crewing and only now start to train them, surely this would have been obvious given the increase in the number of staff.
No, I didn't expect things to carry on as they were- the fact that it wouldn't was made perfectly clear to us at a very early stage. We were however told many things that appear to be inaccurate.
As for pax numbers I haven't noticed any particular increase although I have heard many complaints particularly from the business sector.
Unfortunately I am not in a position to leave at this present time so will be around to see things 'settle down' in a few months - I just won't hold my breath!

1964nick
29th Apr 2007, 13:15
Please give it all a chance to settle down April was the first month Rostering had done it with the new crews and aircraft, think they have done a great job. My May roster is good, happy with what I have got, I except there will be changes as there are a lot Standbys.But thats part of the job.
Flybe is not a bad company to work for, but certainly wouldnt like to be in ops at the moment with all the extra work they have, give them a chance it will get better.

JobsaGoodun
29th Apr 2007, 13:57
dolly - I'm sorry if you find my reply patronising. It was not my intention, but I do think that there is much legal informatuion that has affected the situation that very few may be fully aware of.

Why now realize they need extra people in crewing and only now start to train them, surely this would have been obvious given the increase in the number of staff.

The deal was signed 3 weeks prior to full aquisition, it would not have been possible to recruit, train and have new employees up to speed in time. It's in everyone interest to have the best staff possible controlling the operation and your roster. As with flightcrew, I'm sure there would have been certain parameters that had to be followed along with obilgations to those employed in the BHX Ops centre. I doubt it would have been legally possible or morally correct to recruit more staff without first offering those staff in BHX the opportunity to relocate and continue in employment.

It may have meant a difficult April for you guys on the line but i'm sure it was no picnic in Ops either having to run the programme on fewer staff than normal, but morally it would absolutely be the right thing to try to integrate the BHX staff if they wanted to relocate.

I guess what i'm, trying to say is that there is more to it than may initially be the case on first sight.

tiggerific_69
29th Apr 2007, 15:31
the thing that peeves me off the most is that they cant have a bit of consideration when rostering - EVERY single days off ive had rostered by flybe, i finish on a late before them and go back on an early afterwards.ive got leave at the end of may,and guess what,i finish on a late,and i wont be surprised if when i get my june roster,i'll be going back on an early.is it REALLY so difficult to just plan it out a bit better?

JobsaGoodun
29th Apr 2007, 16:13
It would pee me off to tiggerific but I think the only way that you can get away from that situation is to adopt a different rostering practice. I guess there would be some form of trade off (eg) it could be done but only by reducing the number of days off you'd get. Starting on a late and finishing on an early would automatically require more workdays out of the employees to make it work.

I'm sure you should be protected from late finshes/early starts before and after requested leave? Ask your line manager about it.

tiggerific_69
29th Apr 2007, 18:05
checked the shceduling agreement about it.its only if you have 15 days off or more,to55ers.

i know its going on about Bacon again, but they didnt always give you late finish & early start either side of days off,and we used to get at least two days off a week,so why are flybe so incapable of doing it?

1964nick
29th Apr 2007, 19:03
If you want to finish earlier before your Leave, have you rang crewing and asked for shift change they can be accommadating if you ask.
But we always start on an early after days off or leave and late before days off, thats how it works at Flybe.
As for finishing on a late and starting an early the following day this never happens, you always get your required legal rest time.
If things are so bad for you guys go and speak to your Base manager they will sort it out.

tiggerific_69
29th Apr 2007, 20:25
i never said anything about finishing on a late and starting on an early the next day,im on about either side of days off.
thanks for the suggestion about calling crewing,i might ask nicely and see what they say.
It might be the way flybe do it,dont you think it would be nice for a change though,if you did finish on an early before your days off.even better if you went back on a late aswell?

Mia Donna
29th Apr 2007, 21:18
:ugh: ask the base manager ??? our base4 manager at man has been given 90 days notice and the performance managers (we have three !! why ??) are too busy kissing arse trying to ensure the security of their own jobs .

Flybe should have sacked the lot of them and started a fresh !!!! ha ha ha

xxx

dollydaydream
29th Apr 2007, 21:25
Only 3.........seems so many more!!!! Bet their s:mad: ts turned flybe red!

What is happening with crew support team there?

Anotherflapoperator
29th Apr 2007, 21:34
Perhaps a bit unkind.....

The reasons for early starts and late finishes is it means they can work with less crew, and right now they have a lot of crew in wrong places, trained on the wrong types and to the wrong S.O.Ps to make the numbers work enough for a quality roster.

It will take time and realistically, until the 145 is taken out of bases like SOU or IOM, etc and pushed back to BHX and MAN, then a FlyBe S.O.P. introduced and the type operated by crew also working Q400 or 146 then these problems will continue.

The logistics folk clearly have made the odd mistake, but they at least think on their feet and have a go, a definite improvement. We all need to blow off steam sometimes, blowing it off at each other isn't the right thing though...

Some crewing errors are understandable, but if we keep being polite and civil, we'll get them trained up eventually!

1964nick
30th Apr 2007, 04:52
Funny you should say that as I have just looked at my roster as Im on 2 days off at the moment, and I go back on a late and finish the week at 18.00 finish. Seems they do do it sometimes.

Bear132
30th Apr 2007, 18:51
Hi Guys,

I left Ba Connect /Flybe whatever it is, recently and i left due to the take over and i have to say that from talking to my friends still working there and reeading this i have clearly made the best decision of my life!!!!!!!!!

Most people are on constant home standbys, not being caught and picking up £900 per month now?? GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all staying, but god it feels good to be out!!!

xx

tiggerific_69
30th Apr 2007, 19:09
Yup sounds about right Bear.were you flybe or connect crew?

Bear132
30th Apr 2007, 19:30
I was good old Connect. Never wanted to work for Flybe so now i don't have to!!!!
I loved my job and wouldn't have left for a long time. I may have been given a job rather then being made redundant like lots of my close friends but its a job i didn't want so i feel as though i was completely pushed out!

tiggerific_69
30th Apr 2007, 19:35
i think if there was a voluntary redundancy package and it was good,id take it.

Bear132
30th Apr 2007, 19:55
I would've too, but it all got too much i had to get out!!

Are you bhx based Connect?

tiggerific_69
30th Apr 2007, 20:31
yup.indeed i am!

Bear132
30th Apr 2007, 21:30
Well i hope it gets better there for you guys. I still keep in touch with alot people and i know they're really struggling with it.
I struggled with the RED let alone everything else haha!

I just hope they keep their promises. I suspect further redundancies including cabin crew. If not i think they'll continue with these awfull standby rosters in the hope more people leave. What about you?

Airbourne-Adamski
4th May 2007, 05:40
Blimey Guys

Not been on here for a few weeks, and in that time there seems to be a few new faces expressing their opinions. And alot of it seems to be negative towards flybe.

Ex BA guys I was at flybe for 6 years up to 2005 and all the crap you are putting up with now, is the same crap we all went through in my 6 years at flybe.
It is still amazing to see so many people complaining about the same things we did and still flybe cant get it sorted. :ugh:

cabingal
4th May 2007, 18:56
:oh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: Ever since I found out about the takeover - (I found out when boarding an aircraft + pax told me about it) I have been positive + kept morale high in the crew room - I have NEVER been pessimistic about it. Until now. I feel like such a fool for thinking it would be good. A lot of crew have been treated very badly - including myself + it is such a shame that a happy base has been ripped apart. I am actively looking for another job + am desperate to get out. Tiggerific - my roster is the same - lates before days off - back in on earlies! WHY???:ugh: :ugh: :mad: :confused: :{ :yuk: := :*

TechProblem
4th May 2007, 19:04
my roster is the same - lates before days off - back in on earlies! WHY???

Most handling agents work like this to, or would you rather start on lates and finish on earlys, meaning finishing at 21-22 and starting at 5-6? Half way through your pattern?

Not sure its going to get much better for the DH3 and 145 crews as, flybe want rid of those a/c asap.

cabingal
4th May 2007, 19:41
I worked for a handling agent for 6 years + did not mind going from lates to earlies half way through my week as I knew I would be able to get decent time off surrounding my days off.

JobsaGoodun
4th May 2007, 21:20
It's worth noting that if Flybe were able to allow you to operate lates one day into earlies the next then they would, provided it was safe which is questionable at best.

Unfortunately the CAA deem this to be unsuitable and CAP371 means that you can't have lates into earlies. This is not Flybe's doing so its not so fair to gripe at them.
It is a fact that to be rostered lates going to earlies in order to maximise days off requires a massive increase in staff and with margins in the industry so tight, I guess it is a cost that simply cannot be born.

tiggerific_69
5th May 2007, 12:54
so why is something like this so hard
Day 1 = late 1- 9
Day 2 = late 1- 9
Day 3 = mid 10-6
Day 4 = Early 6 - 2
Day 5 = Early 6-2

Is that SO difficult???you get legal rest period between each duty there.the transition wouldnt be too bad.i dont see why flybe find it a problem.im going to get my old bacon rosters out and have a look how it worked with days off finishing times there.

Chris Gains
5th May 2007, 14:26
The low cost model means using as few crews as possible to run each days programme. To give the middle duties to allow you to go from lates to earlies you have to split the working day into 3 duties (early, middle and late). This means you then need 3 crews a day rather than 2 if you just have lates and earlies which is an increase of 50%. There lies you problem. The only low cost way to get round this is to do blocks of lates and earlies i.e. 5 earlies 2 off 5 lates ect.... This is what is done at easyjet but it required special permission from the CAA. My understanding is that the CAA are extreemly reluctant to grant this to anyone else...............

cabingal
5th May 2007, 16:37
Tiggerific I have looked at my old BACON rosters + they were great! I don't think it would be very hard at all to make people happy - seems they just don't want to.

Miss BACON
8th May 2007, 18:46
Hi Everyone,

Just to say I've been reading with great interest re: ex bacon/flybe thread. I'm one of the unfortunate Brs ex Bacon crew (or fortunate depending on which way you look at it!) and have just taken "voluntary redundancy." It was a very hard decision to make but my "gut feeling," especially after reading the latest postings on this site, was to take the money on offer and run like the wind! I do feel very fortunate that I was offered this option but this in no way makes up for the way we have all been treated, especially at Bristol.

I feel very let down by BA (ie Willie Walsh) and the management at Flybe. I was thinking about relocating to Exeter at one stage but I'm so glad I didn't...My rosters with Flybe have also been hideous, permanent s/b's or 4 day tours. One particular duty involved 6 sectors then positioning back from LGW. A taxi was provided rather than a hire car, I do hasten to add! How generous:rolleyes:

I, personally, along with a lot of other crew from Brs have decided not to wait the 90 day consultation period and asked for early release as I wish to keep my sanity and my boyfriend! Being on permanent s/b was supposed to be acceptable? How can you plan anything?

We didn't know we had it so good when we were at Bacon. Never mind, all good things must come to an end I suppose. I will never moan about staying at the Thistle in Gla or airport s/b's ever again!

I really hope that things improve for everyone at Flybe. The sad thing is that the original Flybe crew probably have nothing better to compare their company to, and think that the way things are at the moment are "normal", but this definitely isn't how an airline should be run. It's a complete shambles.

Please let the bacon/flybe thread continue! It makes me realise that redundancy was the best option for me:ok: Good luck for the future:)

1964nick
8th May 2007, 19:15
We didn't know we had it so good when we were at Bacon. Never mind, all good things must come to an end I suppose. I will never moan about staying at the Thistle in Gla or airport s/b's ever again!

I have worked for Flybe for the last year and have no complaints at all, my rosters, holiday request, RDO all been ok.I have never gone tech down route, never had a tech night stop, never been late except once by one hour, have hardly had any changes and seem to get most weekends off .
You say you will never complain about things again, after been at Flybe you realise you had it so good at BAcon well maybe you guys did and thats was the maybe part of the problem, it was making a loss and would be not be here today if someone like Flybe didnt take it on. Theres a lot of ex bacon crew glad there still working and have a job.
Lets get real things are having to change, and it will get better for all.
Its only been two months you carnt merge two airlines over night its going to take at least a year to settle down.

TechProblem
9th May 2007, 16:20
I think youve hit the nail on the head there nick :D

Bear132
9th May 2007, 22:01
Well 1964Nick, explain that to all my friends who have been made redundant, oh thats right you can't because they don't have a job anymore!
When we say we had it good at Bacon, we don't mean we didn't work. We worked very hard and most of us were touring constantly, however as much as that meant we were away from family/friends etc at least we picked up a wage that we could live off.
My last 3 wages at Bacon were around £1,500 take home. My first one with Flybe £800! Due to standbys etc

You may think that ex bacon crew should stop moaning etc but you obviously don't know how it feels to go thru such a drastic change, that was simply a change for the worst!!

Once again (as i have now left) i wish everyone the best of luck and i really do hope it all works out

dustybin
10th May 2007, 10:55
I really hope that things improve for everyone at Flybe. The sad thing is that the original Flybe crew probably have nothing better to compare their company to, and think that the way things are at the moment are "normal", but this definitely isn't how an airline should be run. It's a complete shambles.

Miss Bacon are you trying to politely say that Flybe crew can't make it into other airlines? Most if not all at my base are ex-flyer's with other airlines (even bigger than BA) and are simply at Flybe for personal reasons such as being based at home as it a regional airline, based in regional areas. As you probably know (being based at BRS) you don't have a lot of options in some airports and not everyone wants to move to LGW,LHR and most have been there done that.;)

oldflyboy
6th Jun 2007, 09:46
Been a while since I last posted on this thread, that I originally started as a way to perhaps ensure the merger of BACON into Flybe had a specific forum for cabin crew from both disciplines to air their views. I deliberately have not posted for some time, as I wanted to give the new airline a bit of a chance, but now feel it is time for another contribution.

I have to say from the outset that the majority of flybe crews are great folk, fun to be with in the crew room and that the new 'quiet' room is a great idea, given that we now seem to be living in a zoo with everyone mingling about in an auditorium atmosphere!

However that's about as good as it gets! "No nightstops" we were told before the buyout, well my roster is nothing but touring now, or standbys cleared. Crewing are a joke, they don't give a toss about the crews and seem to delight in pi**ing us off by adding extra sectors, when they are not totally cocking up and forgetting to cover trips!

The fleet support is not good, our PM's seem to spend all their time firefighting, apart from the solitary male who seems to do his own thing and swans around upsetting crew for fun. Humour? I think not! Sickness is high and no-one seems to give a toss if anyone chucks a sicky, and we are therefore short of crew on the Barbie Jet, which I understand will not improve as there are no plans to licence current dash/big embraer onto it.

Lots of ex BACON crew have left, and speaking in the crew room it looks like about 50 or so have been accepted into BA shorthaul and are awaiting course dates, so lots of expertese and experience will dissapear with them.

Ground handling is a joke, I can't believe the way Swissport talk to customers and we get little support from them. All the lovely ex BA ground staff left on Monday, so God knows what it's gonna be like in the future!!

As for me, I'm going to go with the others as soon as BA will have me. It's so very sad, we had a great base here, but Flybe does not do what it says on the tin!

Not sour grapes at all, I suppose I could stay and see if it improves, but I really don't believe this company has either the will or the expertese to improve. It will be nice to go somewhere with decent agreements, proper support and job satisfaction, even if it means a 100 mile commute each way!!

Best of luck to all who stay. I really hoped Fybe would be a good place to work, but I have seen nothing in the last few months to encourage me to stay.

I am sure I will get some " Well go then if you can't stand the heat" type messages, but really guys, do you honestly think Flybe want to get any better and treat their passengers and crew with repsect? I don't see any evidence of it.
:ugh::ugh:

Sad, so Sad! :{

oldflyboy
6th Jun 2007, 13:51
repsect??!! Of course I mean RESPECT!

Bear132
6th Jun 2007, 14:00
Oldflyboy - Well said!!!:D

FLYING GER
6th Jun 2007, 14:58
I had just applied today for BA cc based at Edinburgh and today i received an email saying due to large volume of interest and after careful consideration i am unsuccessful.

I have a forthcoming interview with BMED and just had an interview with Virgin, where am i going wrong?

BMED are i believe very keen but i am not as keen with Virgin.

I have never had a knock back at an early stage from any airline so far so i am a bit deflated at this.

I thought BA / FLYBE are keen to get more crew onboard?

marlowe
6th Jun 2007, 16:24
OldFlyBoy welcome back! good to hear from you again telling it like it is!!!

tiggerific_69
6th Jun 2007, 19:25
Flying Ger
Did you apply for BA Cityflyer or Flybe out of Edinburgh?

FLYING GER
7th Jun 2007, 07:08
Hi Tiggerific!

I applied for BA Cityflyer.

tiggerific_69
7th Jun 2007, 08:11
Flying Ger,

"I had just applied today for BA cc based at Edinburgh and today i received an email saying due to large volume of interest and after careful consideration i am unsuccessful....I thought BA / FLYBE are keen to get more crew onboard?"

I dont see what Flybe has to do with your BA Cityflyer application, when you have only applied for BA Cityflyer, and not Flybe?

TechProblem
7th Jun 2007, 10:18
Just wondering if any Flybe staff, that haven't moved from Bacon, are having the same problems as staded by what seems to be former Bacon crews.

Reason why i wonder this is, are Flybe treating the Bacon crews bad and the 'Flybe' crews better? All because most of the Bacon crews are leaving at the end of June and then get a 3 grand payout and so 'Flybe' dont care how they treat them?

:=

marlowe
7th Jun 2007, 10:51
As far as i know only the flightdeck were getting the 3 grand loyalty payment not cabin crew, and i also heard that Flybe had told the guys that they were not gonna honour it!!!!!

tiggerific_69
8th Jun 2007, 07:45
Ha if cabin crew were gonna get a £3000 payout,there would be more of us going than there already is!

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Jun 2007, 15:51
Hi Guys,
Not been on for some time,
And hello again to oldflyboy, its been awhile.

Anyways, blimey just having a catch up, and there is certainly unease, unhappiness, ect ect ect.

Really does seem like flybe and how it works and treats staff has not changed since I left over 2 yrs ago.

I have been chin wagging to ground handlers in Scotland, and they have all said most of the ex BACON crew now flybe are unhappy and fed up with flybe ways.

Sounds like it is going to be one very tough summer guys. With so many pilots leaving and cabin crew, it will be a tough summer programme.

The same sort of thing happened to me when I was there, loads of pilots and crew left just as new routes had started and the summer was a mess, crew touring all over the place.

JobsaGoodun
8th Jun 2007, 19:39
Adam,

Flybe's treatment of crew has got infinately better with the new Scheduling Agreement. It is fair to say that ex BACon crews may be less protected however the majority of Flybe crews, as I understand it, are much more protected than ever before with much reduced disruption.

It is true that the 145 fleet suffers at present however this is in part due to the movement of crews and the number of aircraft operated from bases where there is currently no crew. This will reduce over the coming few months and should result in a much calmer situation.

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Jun 2007, 05:13
Jobsagoodun,

Sounds like you have been a flybe awhile, possiby while I was there, It is interesting to hear how crew now find flybe compared to the years when I was there.

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Jun 2007, 17:14
Hey guys,

Just found this in another crew Forum, I am slightly shoked, well actually not suprised at all, Flybe was always pulling stunts and this is a good one with a bullsh*t excuse.

Flybe has introduced a ban on passengers eating their own food aboard flights. The regional low-cost airline has told passengers that only items bought on board may be consumed there. The decision has been branded as 'mean' by the official passenger watchdog, who accused the airline of a moneymaking ploy too far.

Flybe, which took over BAs' short haul routes this year, claims to be Europe's largest regional airline. It has added a 'no own food' warning to in-flight catering menu cards, but claimed that the restriction is designed to protect passengers with allergies to specific items such as peanuts.

The Air Transport Users' Council, the passenger watchdog, condemned the Flybe restriction. A spokesman said: 'It would be mean for an airline to do that. It appears to be a way of forcing passengers to pay extra to buy food. We do not like passengers being forced into a corner like this. We would urge airlines to calm down and stop taking things to extremes.'

However, a spokesman for the airline said the ban was aimed at foods such as peanuts, following complaints from passengers with allergies about other people eating them. She said: 'As a result of allergens and potential allergies, Flybe seeks to control and discourage passengers from bringing their own food on board.' She said that she was not aware of staff stopping anyone from eating products which they had brought on board an aircraft.

You guys know anything.

dollydaydream
11th Jun 2007, 17:36
Im shocked:eek:

Not as Flybe's latest policy or even at the hypocrisy considering the fact that they actually sell peanuts on board!

I am really shocked that anyone actually managed to make contact with a 'flybe spokesman' considering the fact that no-one ever seems to answer the phone!

And yes, the food/drink prices have gone up:*

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Jun 2007, 17:55
I am really shocked that anyone actually managed to make contact with a 'flybe spokesman' considering the fact that no-one ever seems to answer the phone!

LOL somethings never change.

Suppose they have to pay for the new order of 30 more q400's somehow :ooh: ;)

air2000dub
11th Jun 2007, 18:25
Had to laugh, they sell peanuts onboard, so much for allergies.

Do most lowcost airlines not have this policy? Im sure RYR does.

oldflyboy
12th Jun 2007, 08:57
Yes, but are they peanuts grown in England to cut out the carbon footprint created by shipping them in? After all, as the weekend's newspaper advertisments proudly boast, flybe are so concerned about global warming we fly slower aircraft which burn less fuel to encourage folk to fly with us, so these nuts must be carbon neutral??

And as for telling a customer he can't eat his own sarnies? Not going to happen on my flight Jim!:=

Anyroad up, the place is VERY weird without anyone wearing BA uniforms now all the ground staff have left. I'm off on yet another tour, but at least I'm earning, chatting to ex BACON junior the other day, she had only flown 6 days in the month last month! Just standby and no other work!! and us Pursers are working till we drop!

How about promoting a few then?? After all, you will need to do something in the winter when your Purser workforce is decimated as we all go to BA?? It's called forward planning chaps!

Oh Sorry George, forgot Flybe don't have a plan!:E

Safe Flying All............................

Hirsutesme
12th Jun 2007, 09:12
The new scheduling agreement is helping a lot, and pushing up earnings, although it is obvious the first season was always going to be difficult.
BALPA will be sitting down to improve the SA this autumn, so next year should be better, so long as there are still some pilots left!

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Jun 2007, 12:49
Do most lowcost airlines not have this policy? Im sure RYR does.

I think alot of airlines still sell peanuts. And to be honest som many other products contain nuts aswell.

At easy we do sell peanuts onboard, however if a pax makes us aware of their allergy to nuts, we do a PA before service explaining no peanuts will be sold onboard due to a pax onboard having a nut allergy, we also politely ask people who may have brought their own peanuts to refrain from eating them.

Sammi_Jane
12th Jun 2007, 18:00
I was thinking of applying to GB Airlines - I know that they're a franchise of BA, does anyone know what they are like to work for?

tiggerific_69
12th Jun 2007, 18:48
Sammi
First of all read the thread and see that it is about BA CONNECT and FLYBE - i dont think GB was mentioned in there anywhere
and second of all
SEARCH!

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Jun 2007, 11:02
Sammi_Jane

Here is a link to help you

http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/forum_topics.asp?FID=29

tiggerific_69
13th Jun 2007, 12:20
Just some information for ex-BACON crew
Apparently we cant use Flybe staff travel until we have been with the company for 6 months.
And apparently if we use BA Staff Travel, we can only use BA Mainline,and not Interline agreements.
Someone is taking the pi55.

JobsaGoodun
13th Jun 2007, 17:58
With the greatest repect tiggerific, you are no different to any other new employee to Flybe and so a 6mth period is applicable until eligible.
Given some of your comments on here, it suprises me that you would consider to fly on them anyway??
Adamski - Yes on both counts. Guess you are still here on the 'big' island with the rest of us?

tiggerific_69
13th Jun 2007, 21:52
Consider to fly on who,BA or Flybe?And with the greatest respect,we didnt ask to be in this situation,so why should we forfeit access to staff travel,when we have accumulated more than enough service to qualify for staff travel?

RED WINGS
13th Jun 2007, 22:09
Tigger

I would check that higher up the food chain as far as I am aware we get both, until the BA travel runs out, including the flybe free firms(space available, so never unless it suits them!). I would assume it has the same service accrual as sick leave, pension etc from you origional BA date of join. If you remember at first we were BA Connnect after the deal was done for a while then merged into Flybe on the 25th March, hence continous service!
Just a case of if they will honour what they agreed so prob not then, like the april RDO's!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

dollydaydream
13th Jun 2007, 22:35
How very rude:mad::mad::mad:
As Tigger said, unlike yourself, we had no choice, apart from the obvious and clearly most popular i.e. leaving.
Ex Ba Connect are NOT new employees as you well know and have lost enough of our concessions connected to doj.
I thought we were now all the same company and so allowed to criticise, plenty Flybe crew do.
You seem to have an attitude problem like many of your colleagues which is driving away many people who were happy to give Flybe a go, didn't moan and tried to just get on with the job - a lot of them have had enough of the disorganization, poor standards (and I don't mean from cc) and shoddy treatment and are voting with their feet, as are a large number of passengers.
No doubt ex Bacon will get the blame for that too!

JobsaGoodun
14th Jun 2007, 07:44
Dolly, I entirely agree that you had no choice about Flybe acquiring BACon but you did have the choice whether to continue or not in your current role. It was not Flybe that removed your choice, it was the situation dealt to your by your former employer, so forgive me for sticking up for Flybe, something I will continue to do.

I have no attitude problem. I simply resent it when an ex BACon staffmember gripes about the situation they are in and attempts to pin the blame on how terrible Flybe is. If it were so terrible it would not be the success it is now, success that has been driven by the employees that have been with the company, and enjoyed being with the company, some for many years.

All ex BACon staff can help to improve the situation from here on in, for both passengers and all employees if they wish, or if not, they can opt to leave if Flybe do not offer what they want from their job. The choice is theirs. Everyone gets dealt hands in life where choices have to be made as unpalatable as they are.

As for me having a choice, absolutely I have one. I chose to join the company and I can choose to leave at anypoint, but I certainly wouldn't blame Flybe for me having to make that choice!

oldflyboy
14th Jun 2007, 08:59
Jobsagoodun,

Totally take your point, but us ex BACON guys are used to working for a company that listened to its crew, albeit at times via our union, and really tried to support them, in particular in recent times via the Crew Support Team.

FYI, this was a team of people, based in BHX & MAN, who were available to sort problems, either personal or with schedules, crewing etc., from 0530 to 2100 throughout the year. We also had PM's who were allowed to make decisons to resolve situations, who flew and recognised our performance ( good or bad) and developed/motivated us accordingly fairly regularly and were able to override crewing when they were being unfair. Poor performance was dealt with, and good performance recognised. Now it seems they have their hands tied and though they try hard, they seem as frustrated as we are.

Of course it was not perfect, but there was support for crew; now, it is minimal.

We also had a reasonable scheduling agreement, and worked with fellow staff on the ground who treated passengers with respect and courtesy, SO unlike what happens now.

We are not slagging Flybe off, many of course will stay and fight to improve things, but many of us will leave as soon as courses with BA come up, or other airlines recruit. It's simply that we are used to better than Flybe can offer.

IF and it is a BIG IF, I saw any evidence that Fybe is prepared to listen to it's staff, or really wants to make a difference in how their crew and customers are treated, I would stay, but I have seen nothing since March that indicates there is an understanding of the disquiet among many of us, or any indication they give a damn. Statements to crew with children from the CC Manager here at BHX along the lines of " that's the way it is ( i.e. constant roster disruption), perhaps it's not for you ( i.e. balancing children and work)!" don't help.

All us ex BA crew are aware of the need to make this airline work,after all we fought for years to make BHX a success, but as I indicated in a previous post, Flybe talks the talk, it just can't walk the walk!:=:ugh:

Safe flying everyone.

JobsaGoodun
14th Jun 2007, 09:07
Oldflyboy, thank you for a well reasoned post. I admire your attitude and sympathise as much as I can with the situation you are all in. There was always going to be a period of upheaval given the magnitude of the task in hand. Disruption is higher than normal and due to qualification issues and this is most keenly felt on the ex BACon fleets, however this will reduce.

As crews become multi rated and trained in particular on the 145 and as we get rid of this fleet, the blow to those crew operating this aircraft will soften and the workload of the ex BACon cabincrew will reduce. This was always going to take time. If you can hold out long enough, things will improve however I appreciate that for some, the wait may be too long given their own individual personal circumstances. If this is the case then I wish them well in whatever path they take.

oldflyboy
14th Jun 2007, 09:40
Speedy response JAGU, you must be sitting on your PC!

I'm interested in your views, after all you seem to be an experienced flybe crew member. Of course I appreciate the problems caused by the Barbie Jet, re-training etc., and these are things we are all used to. After all, we went through it when BA formed citiexpress from BAR, Brymon ,Manx and BRAL, no it's the lack of support or understanding, particularly from the flybe crew managers I find poor. As well as a very inefficient crewing department who seem to treat crew like the enemy, and have no concept of anyone having a life outside flying!

As I said, our PM's (with one notable exception, but he is new so let's hope he learns fast!) are really nice people, who do try hard to help, but if they are not allowed to manage, how can they be expected to do anything but offer platitudes of understanding? Did you know that all crew roster changes have to go through the Head of Cabin Services!!?? She can't trust her Managers or PM's then can she, and if she dosen't trust them to manage us, what opinion do you think she has of us, or any desire to make things better.

I can think of a simple way to improve the high workload for Pursers and the low workload for juniors on the 145. Do what we used to do, select 'Development' Pursers on a 6 month secondment. It will resolve the short term shortage, and give development to juniors who want to dip their toes in the Purser pool, without having to take the job on permanently.

I know we all get lots or roster changes, are YOU happy with that? And how about Swissport, surely you must hear from customers how poor they are, how badly they are treated on the ground? Are you happy with that?

And as for the whole staff travel thing, if you take over a company with experience, surely you can take staff's length of service for staff travel as well as the experience Andrew Strong has said several times he is pleased to have?

Any thoughts?

As ever, safe flying.

tiggerific_69
14th Jun 2007, 09:47
I have no attitude problem. I simply resent it when an ex BACon staffmember gripes about the situation they are in and attempts to pin the blame on how terrible Flybe is.

I hope this wasnt aimed at me.I have never said it was Flybe,I have never said Flybe was terrible. If anything, I think BA are harsh for taking away our Interline agreements before we can use Flybe ones.If you read my initial post about staff travel, i said "someone is taking the pi55",i didnt say who i thought was doing so.
I agree with Oldflyboy - I have been to speak to performance managers only to be told "youre here to make money". Or when positioning home,giving crewing a heads up to let them know the flight is overbooked, but they dont care and so crew almost get offloaded from flights because surprise surprise,the flight is overbooked. Particularly with the 145, in some destinations catering is offloaded or pax numbers are restricted because it is too heavy to take off.
When there is a problem to solve, who do you speak to? Contact numbers for the office at BHX keep changing, so its not in the little blue folder. Crewing cant help (not that you can get through).People are actually having to come into work to speak to someone about a problem they might have, which sometimes causes last minute "sickness" and more unhappy crew because they've been caught off standby and crewing are trying to rush them to get in asap. We NEED a point of contact to be able to speak to PM's at our bases.
I think once things settle down, it wont be that bad. At the moment, the 145 at BHX is so undercrewed purser wise - and the worst is yet to come as more leave for BA Mainline and Virgin. I dont see why they arent promoting some 145 Juniors - there are plenty to go round,and they have very little work at the moment - approx 150 hours timeaway, yet pursers on the 145 are pushing 300 hours. If people arent leaving,they'll soon be going sick with fatigue because theyre so overworked.Hopefuly with 145 Juniors being converted onto the 146 and Dash, the workload will balance out, but soon the 145 fleet is going to be grounded - no captains, no FO's and no pursers. There are already a lot of cancellations and delays - if this increases, it will do Flybe no favours.
Swissport arent brilliant - had an inicident a few weeks back, it was the first flight of the day for the aicraft, it hadnt been cleaned the night before so all the rubbish was still on and it was a tip. the dispatcher came onto the aircraft and asked if we were ready for passengers,told him no and that we needed cleaners. so he sent us the passengers,who we had to turn back into the departure lounge - of course they were not happy.why do they do that?!?!Even when we're on a long day and we've got our 50 minute turnaround so we can eat,as soon as the last passenger is off its "when can we send the passengers,five minutes?" which is frustrating because they know its stil a good 40 minutes at least before departure :ugh:
lets just hope things improve!

marlowe
14th Jun 2007, 12:18
Tigger how are you? All i can say after reading this forum is thank goodness i went elsewhere, Flybe sound a very hard company to work for!!! As an ex Bacon rasher looking in, it seems that Flybe do not have the ability to run this new company they have created, its all very well saying we have a business plan that has served us well in the past BUT that was in the past!! Everybody is in affect in a new company wether you came from BACON or were already Flybe, Jobsagoodun you say in one of your posts that you have no attitude problem well i disagree, it seems you have a problem with exBacon crews expressing there views on this new Flybe company Why? They have as much right to there view on the company as any Flybe crew after all you all work for the same company apparently!!! You say that its up to the Exbacon crews to improve the situation or they can always exercise there right to leave, well isnt it up to the Flybe crews as well? After all you can also excercise your right to leave the company so maybe its time to heed your own advice?

Airbourne-Adamski
14th Jun 2007, 15:14
From reading all these posts sounds like you guys are going to have a hard summer, what with lack of capt's and fo's and pursers.

I guess crewing in EXT has not really increased in nu,bers since I was there so they are no handling flybe and bacon OUCH.

Ops were crap why I was there. God knows how they cope now.