PDA

View Full Version : Airlines after Netjets...

Aussie
13th Feb 2007, 07:17
Airlines after a stint in Netjets....

Anyone care to speak from experience about prospects of airline employment after life in the Biz Jet world?

Cheers

winkle
13th Feb 2007, 10:05
despite what has been written on this subject. i moved to an airline from nj. all i can say is that when i am in the cockpit i regret leaving nj but when i am at home with my family i am glad i made the move. i absolutly loved the job at nj but i found the lack of time with my family too much for them so had to make a move. i asked for a 12 day contract but was turned down so as such had to regrettably vote with my feet. i still read this section of pprune because i am interested in how the old company is doing. i had no probs with my interview for the airline as i highlighted the areas where nj allowed/caused you to have to think on your feet, ( to many examples to list ) all satisfying to solve. hope this helps.

Aussie
16th Feb 2007, 00:11
Anyone else care to comment, or are drivers just happy with NJE and dont wanna leave?

erikv
16th Feb 2007, 09:55
I meet both types on the line: those that have flown airline before and would like to go back to shorthaul airline ops, being home every night. There is also the type that has flown airline before, found it boring and prefer the life in NJE. Horses for courses, if you ask me.

Erik.

PPL152
16th Feb 2007, 10:07
I'm only a PPL, aspiring to join NJE, however my impression is that young pilots (20 - 30) who are not married prefer the NJE way of life, those older who are probably married prefer airline life.

erikv
17th Feb 2007, 15:46
Again, there are different ways of looking at it: is your glass half full or half empty?

Being away for 6 days and 5 nights is one thing, being at home for 5 days and 6 nights another. To me, being at home 5 days and 6 nights is more valuable than a night here, an afternoon there and a day there. Fortunately my wife feels the same.

Erik

Aussie
18th Feb 2007, 00:26
Thanks for the info guys... what i was wanting to know though, was how airlines look at potential candidates, with corporate experience?

Cheers

Flintstone
18th Feb 2007, 11:03
G'day Aussie.

I was idly reading this while wondering why you'd had so few responses when the light came on above my head. Most of the people who post here have probably never had airline experience themselves so can't answer.

Maybe if you posted in another section of PPRuNe where the airline types go you'd get a better response? If you do would you mind posting a link here?

Purely out of curiosity I'd like to read their answers.