PDA

View Full Version : Richmond ILS

ContactMeNow
13th Feb 2007, 03:08
Seeing that Richmond has now reduced its tower hours, is it still possible to be vectored by Sydney onto the ILS or would you need to do the full ILS procedure?

I checked the NOTAMS yesterday and it said no PILS when the tower is closed, Now (new set of NOTAMS) doesnt say anything about not being able to do PILS...

Thanks

das Uber Soldat
13th Feb 2007, 04:11
Funny you mention that, i left after 1pm yesterday when the tower was supposed to be active, read nothing about the ILS in the notams, and was told by ysbk tower that a pils would not be available.

Very frustrating, was a perfect day for it, scattered at 300 ft, i'd be interested to know what the story is myself.

GUARD
13th Feb 2007, 05:13
Why do you need vectors onto the LLZ?

Why not just join the arc and start your descent as soon as you're in tolerance fly the ILS and then bail and do an NDB at CN. To the best of my recollection that all took 1.4 in a duchess.

GUARD:ok:

Uptotabs
3rd Mar 2007, 02:01
When I did my IR at BK, ATC will vector you onto the localiser, provided there are no other aircraft in the Richmond CTAF. If they see another aircraft in the CTAF, they usually get you to do the sector entry and arc below 4000' in the CTAF OCTA. As they are not in contact with CTAF traffic, they cannot provide separation standards.

Hope this helps....