PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating question

Amin
12th Feb 2007, 22:01
hi I have a question regarding MD 80 Type Rating. I have been offered a job in Middle East flying MD 80. I'm holding an FAA license. The airline is going to offer me a type rating. They have they own Type Rating Training Organisation and off course I have to pay for it :hmm: . My question to you guys is that can I do the type rating with my FAA license, or do I need to convert my license to be able to go throug the tr course.

I'm getting mixed information regarding this issue. Some say it is OK and some say it is not Ok.

The company operate under ICAO

Any airline captains or FO that can help I would be grateful.

Thank you, Amin

embrunman
13th Feb 2007, 17:03
I am a bit surprised you are asking at random...:confused:
If you have a job offer and they offer you the TR in their own TRTO, then it's all sorted out.
They know you hold an FAA and have all the answers for conversion questions....:rolleyes:

Amin
14th Feb 2007, 01:16
Thanks for your reply, I just got the call from the chief pilot and he explained what I need to do. you were right. The only thing I need to do is to take two exams, Air law and something else cant remember. Anyway it is going to bee fun switching from instructing in a cessna 172 to a MD 80.

Good Luck guys :ok: