PDA

View Full Version : North London IFR Routing

VORTIME
12th Feb 2007, 18:55
Hi guys,

What do ye reckon is the most likely route from WAL to DVR. Jepp is giving me LIC DTY BPK LAM but I guess London may have other ideas for light aircraft.

Altitude circa 10k +/- a few.

VT

S-Works
12th Feb 2007, 19:27
Just about right for a filed route but expect vectors galore.

Kit d'Rection KG
12th Feb 2007, 19:32
File as per SRD. Then stand by (on a clear day) for a very picturesque tour of southern England. Or, save yourself time and money and route outside (assuming you're flying a light aircraft).

Wrong Stuff
12th Feb 2007, 19:39
I'm not quite that high by the time I reach the BPK/LAM area (having departed Cranfield) but I'd guess you'll probably be routed much the same way.

Generally with a few miles to run to BPK I get a radar vector which takes me about 5 miles to the south of Stansted. Once clear of the LAM stack, usually half way between LAM and Southend, it's another radar vector roughly towards DVR. After a couple of adjustments to the vectors and a couple of frequency changes, you get a DCT TRACA (for example) before you get passed on to Lille.

In clear visibility it's good fun, as you get a good view of all the Stansted and Heathrow traffic often being routed around you and you can see across London and the Thames Estuary. In poor vis it's, well, a bit cloudy.