PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning Middle East

SkyTrax2
12th Feb 2007, 13:43
Hi,

Wonder if you guys could help me, trying to file a Citation Jet from HESH-OJAM then OJAM-HECA, l would normally file via SITA/AFTN but have no idea who to address it to out there, would anyone be so kind as to fill me in on how to do it.

Got all necessary overfly permits but not got the flight planning sorted yet but want to do it myself.

Also what do you guys do without looking at the CFMU, am lost not being able to track it outside of the CMFU's coverage!

Look forward to any replies, thanks in advance.

Cheers
Skytrax2

TheOtherSide
12th Feb 2007, 14:07
Check you PM's

merlinxx
12th Feb 2007, 18:29
Who are your handlers at Sharm, Marka & CAI? Any of these can get it sorted for you. Plse allow them STD minus 3 to get it into the system, you'll prob have to hit AIS yourself to file & cfm bills are paid etc. Call yr handlers, if you need info & recommendations PM me. Have fun.

the bald eagle
24th Feb 2007, 08:23
Don't file any AFTN that starts with the letter "H" as in HESHZPZX the message goes to a switching center in Cairo and then gets relayed back out to whoever at a cost of about 50 bucks to you...keeps the Egyptian aviation ecomany going! as merlin said get your local agent to file it...you pay for their services which arn't cheap so make them work for it