PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines

macumba
12th Feb 2007, 09:33
I am scheduled for an interview next month in Taipei.

Can anyone give updated info about the interview in general? Working conditions?

I have worked for a crappy cargo company on a bond. What happens to your 15000k+ if they fail you in the SIM? What if you get fired?

Here is what they sent me so far:

* Salary: USD 4,400~5,300 ( Depends on the fleet differences );

* Housing Allowance: NTD37,000 / mth ( approximately USD1,100 / mth )

* Home Leave: 8 consecutive days/mth

* Per Diem: USD 2 / hr (from Block in to Block out);

* Overtime Payment : Guarantee hour should be 70 hours / mth ;
- if it's over than 70 hours, the overtime payment rate will be 1/70 of
your salary.

* Bank Guarantee: USD15,000~20,500 ( Depends on the fleet differences );
- Since you are not China Airlines aircraft type rated FO, you will be entitled to put up an bank guarantee. It will be returned to you when you finish 3 years training bond.

We provide 2 ways for pilots' Bank Guarantee:

1. Deposit the whole amount of Bank Guarantee (Cash) into the bank before the training course
start
2. Deposit the money for 2 times but the amount will be add another USD1,000 on top of the bank
guarantee
The first half of bank guarantee should be deposited before the training course start in
Taiwan.
The other half should be deposited into the bank before your type rating check.

Any input greatly appreciated.

jajyay
28th Feb 2007, 11:15
Dear Macumba,
Seems that the conditions have not changed so much since i signed the contract about 1 year ago.
Now, regarding the bond, i can tell you 1 thing : what u pay, u dont get it back, EXCEPT u finish 3years contract (starting when u complete the line check, which means about 5-6 months after beginning of training)
wish u good luck for interview
Jajyay

L1011-500
28th Feb 2007, 17:00
Hi Macumba.

I´ve attended a CAL interview in November. From my point of view it´s pretty straight forward.
You should start first thing in the morning with a wtitten test (General Aviation Knowledge)- not hard, then in the afternoon you´ll have an Interview with the bosses. Don´t really worry about that, basically they just what to know your background, to see how you would fit in a Asiatic culture. Just be relax and show a positive attittude.
After that is the SIM, i did the SIM on the B744. You should have a 1 hour briefing before the session. They are looking for your basic handling skills, your flight discipline, your hability to learn and CRM.
They day after you should have a free day, maybe Uniform measuring.
Then the very extensive medical, be prepared to to EVERYTHING, from threadmill to psicometrics.
I was offered a position on the B744 and they´ve asked me for a 16000 USD bond.
They seem pretty organized, but i don´t know yet the actual working conditions, have to start to know.
You´ll find very different feedbacks from good to very bad.
Just do the things based on your opinion, one thing might sound very good for some and horrible for others. It´s your call.
Hope everything goes whell, and good luck

littlejet
1st Mar 2007, 02:44
Don't forget, the money offered to you is before tax wich is 20%

jajyay
2nd Mar 2007, 02:01
By the way, Macumba, i forgot to tell u, 3 years is looooong, very loooooong at China airlines:yuk:

VONKLUFFEN
3rd Mar 2007, 16:11
Taxes are as follows:
http://www.ntak.gov.tw/english/Default.aspx
(Do your your homework guys) The outcome depends on your income and deductions. If you stay more then 183 days in taiwan you will end paying around 8-12% because there are different tax brakets. 20% flat, no deductions is if you stay less than 183.

littlejet
4th Mar 2007, 15:28
I am usually good at my homework
If you are in Long Haul and in the ELO program, you won’t be in TW. more then 183 days, hence you will end up paying 20 %

Stu Gats
4th Jun 2007, 16:09
Hey guys. I'm new here to pprune, infact this is my first posting. Don't know if this will work yet... but just wanted to know how you got the interview Macumba? I'm currently flying for a small regional airline here in Canada and am very interested in getting out overseas to fly. Thanks

ArielDC10
22nd Jun 2007, 18:23
I want to know how ELO works.
For instance, if your choose KLAX for ELO, when you are in Taipei, CAL is going to give you accomodation:confused::confused::confused:.