PDA

View Full Version : The great unwashed !

tezzer
12th Feb 2007, 06:40
I had to fly down from BKK to KUL last week, on a Thai 777 flight. Nice enough, but holy schmoley, have these people never heard of deoderant ?

I was amazed, nay appalled at the personal hygeine standards of the population collected in the holding pen at the gate. Almost every where I tried to sit / stand or loiter, I was subjected to an almighty pong !

Thinking about it, maybe it was me !

p.s. It wasn't, I had just got out of the shower into clean clothes, and used industrial strength deoderant, confindent in the marketing promise that "it wouldn't let me down!"

SXB
12th Feb 2007, 07:14
It's hard to stereotype (but I'm going to do it anyway) but personal hygene is less important in some countries, there are also countries where it's more important than here (western Europe)

I was on the Moscow metro system several times last week and I can tell you that it was an extremely unpleasant olfactory experience.

Sunray Minor
12th Feb 2007, 10:05
And the smellies were of the Anglo-Saxon variety or Oriental?
Tend to find in Asia it is my white-skinned and round-eyed brethren that really let the side down.

tezzer
12th Feb 2007, 10:18
If I were to (dangerously) generalise, I would suggest that they were from Asia and / or the subcontinent. But I have known lots of stink Brit's too !

A2QFI
12th Feb 2007, 10:23
I have noticed that some people on LoCos can afford a ticket but not a deodorant stick! Some of it may be diet and what you eat can affect what comes out in your sweat. I understand that the Japanese think that Europeans are a bit whiffy!

EDIspotter
12th Feb 2007, 11:45
No excuse in this day and age in the civilized world. Noticed such a thing on LH flights down the years.

Supermarket own value brands anti perspirant can be had for about 60p.

apaddyinuk
12th Feb 2007, 14:28
I worked for QR for a period doing flights with all sorts of interesting odours!!! I used to just rub Vicks under my nose!! LOL!!!