PDA

View Full Version : Point Cook AD Victoria, plain rude??

Jnr380
11th Feb 2007, 21:20
Hi guys

I was at point cook airfield to redeem my voucher for an aerobatics flight. Firstly, you had to park your car and sign in, which is fine i didnt mind that but one thing i got lost going to the place that i needed to go. I drove around for 20 minutes looking for place. (not much signs around)

I stopped at a flying school that was sitting just on the outside of the of the apron (even stopped before the office door and the "no entry" sign) to ask for directions, the guy that was there said "the place your looking for is in the next hanger and your not spose to be here, your not allowed here, you shouldn't be here". No specific way of getting there.

I thought that was very rude, and why the hell would you have your office door where the general public is not allowed? :ugh:(there is also a sign on the roadside promoting their business and not sure if there was an arrow pointing to their office).

Anyways got the other place to go aerobatics flying, jumped in the plane and the plane took off and i was already bracing myself but then the plane went to station peir for a missed approach at YMEN and a city orbit, im like okay i thought this was aerobatics. And the intercom between pilots was not working.

At this time my butt was getting numb in the seat and i was getting bored, i was thinking to myself that if i wanted a scenic flight i can do it myself (it was a 60 min flight). About 50 mins in flight we were in the aerobatics area and did about 5 mins for of aerobatics and thats it.

After finishing the flight i asked the pilot why there was so little aerobatics, he just said its scenic and a little bit of aerobatics and that was it. I must admit i was disappointed.

J.A.F.O.
11th Feb 2007, 22:07
I thought it was us Poms who were supposed to whinge. :ok:

scooter boy
13th Feb 2007, 16:12
The school must have been run by POMs and it must've had a POMmy pilot who was sore about losing the Ashes.

SB (another POM)

Joker89
13th Feb 2007, 23:26
Sounds like you have a point, Not cheap for an hour of aero's and you were clearly let down in your expectations, Was there any sort of preflight brief?

No working intercom sucks, what type of aeroplane was it?

Monopole
13th Feb 2007, 23:41
us Poms
another POM

Gentle fella's. There are a bunch of your kind here in West Oz who are trying to ban the name 'Pom' claiming it as a racial term :(

Jnr380
14th Feb 2007, 01:46
Joker,

I was told to turn up 15mins before hand for a brief, but nah just as i rocked up went straight in the plane, it was a tiger moth, also i know it is expensive, but i didnt pay for it, it was a gift, and on it, it stated 60 min - aerobatics.

And for all the POMS dont worry about the ashes you guys already killed us last week in the one-dayers

Joker89
14th Feb 2007, 03:13
Sounds like they lacked abit of customer service skills.

I guess you didn't get any stick time or get to log the hour? Wouldn't mind a tiger moth entry in my log book.

Maybe they keep the aero's to a minimum to save the airframe, I guess next time go for a joyride in a pitts and really test your gutts out. There is even a guy in sydney that does Extra 300L flights.

Inverted spin anyone?
http://www.extraaerobatics.com.au/

Jnr380
14th Feb 2007, 09:50
Joker,

To them i was just another s**t kicker of a customer, and stick time??? I wish stick time, but the stick was removed from the front, the ASI, ALT, Oil Guage and the DG was all unserviceable so basically i was there freezing my butt off in an open cabin for a view that i believe looks better from a C172 and in more comfort.

jumpuFOKKERjump
14th Feb 2007, 11:04
Erm, sounds like you were not given what you had booked. A websearch on "aerobatics point cook tiger moth" only gave one result so I assume these are the people.
"If you're a visitor to Melbourne or lived here all your life there's no better way to get your bearings and appreciate the sights around this beautiful city than by a flight in an open cockpit aircraft.
We can organize flights over the central business district, around the beaches of Port Phillip Bay or in fact, anywhere you want to go. We have a range of standard scenic routes to suit everybody's taste and budget...
For those who want more action, experience what it would have been like to dog fight like the Red Baron in WW1 and take the aerobatic option. From the front seat of the Tiger Moth you can experience the same sensations and excitement as a WW1 pilot experienced in his open cockpit bi-plane fighter more than 90 years ago."
Sounds like you had a voucher for the latter and recieved the former.
Controls have to be disabled if there is no reliable communication to the non-pilot in a control seat, sounds like comms were not reliable.

There are people who work on that side of the airport about which nothing should be said. If you had a tea towel on your head they probably would have shot you rather than just been rude.:=

djpil
14th Feb 2007, 19:47
Jnr380 - did you complain to the top guy there?
And, if you had chosen the Pitts you would've definitely had a go at the stick plus do an inverted spin if you wanted.

Jnr380
14th Feb 2007, 20:15
DJ,

I cant complain to anyone, thats the problem, it was a gift given to be by my g/f which cost her a lot of money. And i know if i said it was s**t she would of have got all upset and teary etc....I personally dont want to deal with that (buts thats another story with her). And also the gift certificate was issued through a 3rd Party company.

Im just going to let go this time, next time i'll do aerobatics will be for an endorsement.

djpil
15th Feb 2007, 00:38
I'm sure that Garry would appreciate the feedback http://www.tigermothjoyflights.com/pages/contactus.php at least to tell him about the intercom problem and give him an opportunity to correct the advertising or explain why the aerobatics was so short.