PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Adhoc?

myt
11th Feb 2007, 15:21
I have read on here that servisair will employ psa on an adhoc basis(ie work to cover sickness, holidays etc) does anyone know if this is correct or if they still do it? and who to speak to about it.

Thanks
karen

bruppy
12th Feb 2007, 19:41
Karen,

All H/A's employ what they call "Zero Hrs" staff who they call up to a week in advance (many times though much closer to the shift they want covering) in order to get certain "peak periods" covered.
They are much cheaper than getting normal F/T staff to cover the shift as there is no enhanced O/T payments involved, however all the H/A's I know get there "Zero Hrs" staff from Ex-employees who have either left (but still want the fallback) or had children & find that the constant early starts/late finishes are a problem with regard to childcare. Some staff who have gone to be CC (Cabin Crew) also call in & ask if there is anything going on one of there days off.
You see thats the disadvantage of working in this industry now, the money is cack for all companies inc some of the airlines.
Would I want any of my Kids working here now.........NO. better they get a trade/qualification & work decent hrs !!!:( :(

Lite
12th Feb 2007, 19:58
The best thing to do is telephone the Servisair office at the airport you're applying for and ask to speak to the passenger service manager, who will be able to tell you if the company is looking for zero hour staff at that base. I was under the impression they didn't hire zero hour staff "off the street" rather they had to have been working for the company for at least a season before they were able to move to zero hour contracts, but I could be wrong.

Pax Agent
12th Feb 2007, 21:00
one of u said about working on days off after you've gone away to be cabin crew. Do you think this is allowed? I mean clashing uniforms etc...

myt
13th Feb 2007, 09:32
Thanks, alot for the info guys. I didnt realise you needed to have worked for them, will give them a ring.

Once again, thanks
karen

bruppy
13th Feb 2007, 20:54
"one of u said about working on days off after you've gone away to be cabin crew. Do you think this is allowed? I mean clashing uniforms etc..."

S/Port at BHX have (Ex-Staff) MON CC's on C/I's & AVI use a Ex Staff member now flying for Air NZ, its daft to lose the experience these people have because they have moved to pastures new. If the airlines OK with it & it does not interfere with there CC work then its OK.:) :)