PDA

View Full Version : aviation schools. please help

Chris16
11th Feb 2007, 11:53
hi guyz, i'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask about this. im an upcoming highschool grad and a couple of friends including me are very interested in being a pilot as a chosen career. but from what ive read in some of the other topics. is it still profitable to take flying here? and what aviation school here in the philippines is the best for taking BS aviation Major in Flying? we had only taken up exams in Airlink. and could you please include the costs cuz not all of us are swimming in money.. your comments, suggestions and info are welcomed. thanks :) hope someone could help us

stephenlink
11th Feb 2007, 12:46
Being a pilot is a promising career my friend, we have a lots of pilot here in the forum that can help you with your inquiry..and also we have a lot of flying schools here in the Philippines..we have the Airlink International Aviation school, Omni Flying school, PAL Aviation School, PAF Flying School, Clark Institute of Aviation and many others to choose from..try to visit the PAL Pilot Exodus thread to get some pointers..:ok:..Good luck;)

Chris16
13th Feb 2007, 11:47
sirs, what's the minimum flight time required to be employed? because if im not mistaken upon completion of the four year course in airlink international aviation school i should have completed just 150 hours. im just wondering if this is enough to get me employed or do i need more flight time? what methods are used?

pumping iron
12th Mar 2007, 13:39
Hi chris16,

if airlink can offer you internship program of some sort, then it's okay to go ahead with them, but if they cannot, then i suggest you go and check philippine pilot training center which has this type of facility (if you were considering gen av, http://www.philippinepilot.com/home.htm), it will help you build you more time.

PAL Av school and Clark Institute of Aviation are on top of my list if you'll ask for my personal opinion. But you need to have a degree before you can proceed for the assessment.

Hope this helps...
Don't stop aiming for that goal you've already set in your mind...

Cheers!

Centurion_210
31st Mar 2007, 12:15
PAL and PAF accepts applicant with college degree. My suggestion is concentrate first on getting a College degree in a good school before starting on a flying career. It is possible to fly after high school but if your aiming for the airlines esp PAL I suggest get a 4yr degree diploma and never fail more than 5 subjects. for more inquiries try to visit www.omniaviatiocorp.com (http://www.omniaviatiocorp.com) :)

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
1st Apr 2007, 03:37
Please, don't waste your time becoming a pilot. There are much more rewarding and far better paying jobs than this.
You want your balls fondled by security staff that treat you like crap, confiscate your toothpaste because it is more than 200gms even though you are the captain of the flight. Have your job put on the line every year for medicals and sim checks. Support your family based on your health. Work strange hours sitting on your butt for 10-16 hours or more. And work in an industry that wants more and more out of you for less and less pay. Never see your kids or wife because you are constantly away from home. Work with people that want to back stab you and screw you up to get you off the seniority or promotion list. So they can get ahead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU MAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a real job

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
1st Apr 2007, 11:57
Dear Ace,

You sound a little wet behind the ears, you still in flying school pumping heavy metal in the C172 and premature ejaculating over the Baron.:ugh:

You tell me what is not correct about my post. It is obvious you are just an aviation wanabe living in dreamland. The job these days is not what it was and all that I wrote about is fact. And yes many in the industry today feel the way I do!!!!! It has nothing to do with having a bad day it is just the bare bones truth.:ok:

Be real about the job and tell it as it is.........................:rolleyes:

kwaiyai
1st Apr 2007, 17:15
Better Dust off yer Skateboards to "go holiday!" instead:}

Centurion_210
2nd Apr 2007, 15:12
tsk tsk very discouraging...

PPRuNe Towers
2nd Apr 2007, 15:39
Discouraging indeed but is Wooblah wrong?

Capt W might not have passed diplomacy school but I've now been flying for more than thirty years and have another 12 to go, Class one medicals permitting.

I've never experienced such a long period of huge demand.

I've never experienced so many people totally hacked off with the life.

Can you have a great career in the air? Yes. But only for those who want it so much it hurts. One of the reasons for PPRuNe is to hit the dreams and the glossy image with the reality of what we face every day of a 30+ year career and the need to provide all the things a family needs. They don't get to wear the epaulettes and the watch..................

Regards
Rob

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
7th Apr 2007, 03:20
Yes Rob, perhaps a little more diplomacy could have been used. But Like you I have been in the industry for sometime and when it comes to the actual bare bones of the job I like to tell it as it is without the romance and Biggles factor.

You have summed it up perfectly.

Happy flying to all,

Wooblah :)

habagat1
7th Apr 2007, 08:43
chris,
Post of CW is part of the game here in the aviation industry,.But I tell you, once you find yourself prepared to FACE it..Man go for it!!! .. it's Tough But it also is a very rewarding Job..and One more thing,.go to Other Good school for your B.S.degree before taking your Flying Lessons..

all the Best.

Hbgt:)

bluecrush198
26th Apr 2007, 15:01
Discouraging it may seem but its really the truth. i am a wannabe pilot who just graduated from college last march and i have heard a lot of similar reactions from filipino pilots back when i was training in lufthansa, but it has never affected my determination to become a one. its up to you my friend if you want to be practical or want to pursue your dream job. for me its not about the money or the working conditions but its all about flying... goodluck to you bro!:ok:

peterpanot
2nd Jul 2007, 13:41
amen to the college degree people.. :8 that's what my dad told me before... it's always a good thing to have a fall back: what if something happens to you like lose a finger for lighting up a watusi firecracker the wrong way hehe or any other incident for that matter, well, you get the point.