PDA

View Full Version : Air South

Aussie
10th Feb 2007, 06:21
Gday all,

Wondering if anyone has completed there CIR with Air South of recent times?

What did you think of the mob? They seem a little on the expensive side... worth it? How long did it take? Any additional info welcome.

Cheers

2p!ssed2drive
10th Feb 2007, 06:48
G'day mate...

Didn't do the CIR there, but did a Baron Endo there on XSM.

Good mob - especially if you do all or most of the training with Richard Higgins. top bloke.. been around forever.. he's there to pass and not fail you.

Slightly more expensive... Out of a primary aerodrome so can be expected. Worth every cent though if you make it clear you want Richard to do your training :ok:

G'luck with it!

2P2D !

Aussie
10th Feb 2007, 09:44
Thanks for the imput mate.

Ad Astral is out of a Primary too, but its a fair bit cheaper then Air south...

Cheers

BrazDriver
11th Feb 2007, 01:09
Ad Astral, top operation! Did my CIR there a few years back, couldn't be happier!

Aussie
11th Feb 2007, 01:24
Thanks Brazdriver, ive heard all the info on Ad Astral, just trying to get more info on Air South...

By the way, how is the JAA conversion going?

areal
12th Feb 2007, 23:38
I think RH has retired, don't know who is there now.
Give central aircrew training a call and speak to Frank Page, he would have the same sort of experience as RH had - Good luck!

Aussie
13th Feb 2007, 07:29
No worries. Thanks for the info!
Ive spoken with Dale from operations and he was very helpful!
Cheers

kd_nub
13th Feb 2007, 08:00
i spoke with richard as soon as yesterday and booked a renewal with him!
does anyone know what is it like working for them? say how much work does a f/o on the bandit get? how long till you get a look at the chieftain?

marreeman
21st Feb 2007, 07:58
So is RH retired from airsouth & doing testing on his own, or is he still at airsouth.

Capt Fathom
21st Feb 2007, 09:42
how long till you get a look at the chieften?
You can look at it for all it's worth! But you won't fly it until you can spell it correctly. :ugh:

Aussie
21st Feb 2007, 10:25
LOL, u mean they have spelling tests????????

kd_nub
22nd Feb 2007, 04:28
SORRY

Ill leave it at PA31-350 i am better with numbers!

Richard is working for Airsouth.

areal
22nd Feb 2007, 22:02
As far as I know, not one of the students who have done their CIR at Air South have landed a job there!

Torres
13th Jun 2008, 11:45
"...did a Baron Endo there on XSM"

That aircraft still around? Does it still have air conditioning?

Aussie
14th Jun 2008, 08:49
Thanks for the info guys... but ive finished the CIR a long time ago now hehehe. Cheers!

Bods_21
15th Jun 2008, 00:17
Did you end up going to Air South Aussie? If so how did you find them? Im looking at either Coastjet or Airsouth for MECIR.

Aussie
15th Jun 2008, 07:35
Mate, i did it at JAS, and i cant say a bad thing about it. Really good all round, very professional, instructors were really good, and not to mention took 3.5 weeks from start to finish.

Good luck!

Natit
16th Jun 2008, 03:21
I believe FP has joined the "dark side".. top bloke though :ok:

Paul Alfred
16th Jun 2008, 11:36
I saw Frank Page at FTA last week...I hope he hasn't left...he is supposed to do my MECIR this week :hmm:

sthaussiepilot may like to shed some light on what its like driving for Air South. I heard the Bandit is only running twice a week and Michael seems to have enough FO's to last him a while.

Cheers, PA