PDA

View Full Version : EK/NZ Deal

vbrules
10th Feb 2007, 04:41
Once again Air NZ appear to have been overzealous in their pilot recruitment program. LWOP is being offered to pilots of up to 4 years. Rumour is EK is in talks with Air NZ to take their pilots on a contract basis. It makes sense to offer any such contracts based in NZ. Think of the consequences to permanent EK NZ and Australian pilots...no more trans Tasman and reduced Australian flights on offer; the LWOP is being offered to 777 rated guys as well as other fleets.

violate
10th Feb 2007, 06:11
There you go guys, basings at last, just not for us :ugh: :ugh:

Tail Rota
10th Feb 2007, 06:28
actually guys I heard its the other way:cool:

apparently there is a hireing ban at ANZ and EK is negotiating a wet lease programme with Air new Zealand to take over some of the Pacific routes, with 3 tripple sevens surplus at the moment in Seattle. this will mean EK pilots will be doing ANZ routes based out of Aukland for upto 2 years.:{

sorry:E

TR:ok:

vbrules
10th Feb 2007, 07:14
Time will tell but seems strange to me Air NZ let pilots go on LWOP and then turn around and wet lease EK airplanes to fly their routes. Let us not forget they are unionised (mainly) and their 'scope' clause is one of their most protected. I cant see it happening TR but I am standing by to be proven wrong.

Tail Rota
10th Feb 2007, 10:28
vbrules

I think you find the scope claus that Air New Zealand pilots have is to stop ANZ from doing what Qantas has done with J star.

It dosent stop a wet lease arrangement. :cool:

TR:ok:

Fluke
10th Feb 2007, 12:39
Let us not forget they are unionised (mainly) and their 'scope' clause is one of their most protected.
Weak as piss union, but then we don't even have one either.:}

L1011
11th Feb 2007, 04:59
Actually the real rumour is that EK is going to buy Air New Zealand. That will give them unrestricted rights into and out of Australia, plus all the Pacific routes they want.

Since Sheikh A (Chairman of Emirates) is a huge investor and property owner in NZ, he is eligible for citizenship. This means the 50% NZ ownership clause is satisfied. In fact, under the Trans-Tasman agreement, he can also buy Qantas if he feels like it.:p

uplock
11th Feb 2007, 05:33
Like your thinking L101 however think you will find that the UAE Passport holder can not be a dual citizen...one or the other.

Wiley
11th Feb 2007, 07:34
Gawd, d´you think Sheikh A might do a´Rupert´ and switch passports to fit into the ownership requirements? The mind boggles.

propaganda
11th Feb 2007, 18:44
Sounds like surplus Air NZ 777's & Crews will be seconded to EK. I doubt if Helen's lefties will let Air NZ slip into foreign ownership...it's been tried before.
Camels for sheep.:}

vbrules
17th Feb 2007, 03:01
I have heard that EK is taking 60 guys from Air NZ.They will be on furlough and based in Auckland.I assume they will operate AKL through to SIN and back.
This from a post on the Dununda forum on same subject.
Also heard from reliable source Air NZ offering 3 years LWOP to any pilot wanting to go to EK.

Marooned
17th Feb 2007, 06:33
So this is where EK are going: DECs and contract pilots/training...and don't believe for a minute that it will be a temporary solution to the insanity of management here.

Next, contract pilots in the UK/Europe and the USA. Those in EK now given option to resign and join 'temporary' contracts 'overseas' ironically in their home countries.

EK has through design or gross mismanagement has produced a situation that potentially will decentralise and fragment the workforce...something TC said they didn't want to do???

This constant reaction instead of pro-action to the crisis we are in beggers belief...

The lunatics are running the asylum and EK into the ground.

phantom menace
17th Feb 2007, 19:09
I have heard that EK is taking 60 guys from Air NZ.They will be on furlough and based in Auckland.I assume they will operate AKL through to SIN and back.

I don't see it happening...it's just a rumour circulating around Air NZ, there's just too many obstacles. Base them in DXB, then maybe...no unions.