PDA

View Full Version : 139 down under

weedwacker
9th Feb 2007, 23:16
Well we look set to see the 139 become part of the EMS family in Qld and Nsw. Does any one know, if there is any truth in the rumour, that the latest hold up in the Vic GOV contract being singed, is that they too now, are looking at the 139 :)

yarpa
10th Feb 2007, 01:54
Delays are as a result of the "prefered tenderer" dragging their heels with prices. AW 139 no longer on the radar.

weedwacker
10th Feb 2007, 05:03
I herd that one of the other reasons for the delay, was that the ambo's didn't know weather they were coming or going in reg to staying with the Airwing!
:hmm:

whipit
10th Feb 2007, 07:37
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!:ugh:

Ox Power
10th Feb 2007, 09:11
I know this has been mentioned on a previous thread, but is there any confirmation that CASA certify the AW-139 as single pilot IFR?
I understand that QLD will operate the a/c with 2 pilots, but just exercising my curiosity regarding SPIFR.

Edited due to poor grammer.

whipit
10th Feb 2007, 09:52
You cant tell me that the reason for the contract not being signed is the fault of the Prefered Tenderer :=

Typical of the goverment passing the blame!

The powers that be have :mad: around for the past few years with reg to the contract, of which the Prefered tenderer has quoted costs. As you know every year prices change along with what they want! All of this takes time to re quote! and then you get someone like yourself come along and say that the reason for the delay in the contract is due to the Prefered Tenderer :ugh:

It funny how NSW in under half the time, that this one has draged on for, have been able to sign off on a number of brand new choppers! Go figure :D

spinwing
11th Feb 2007, 01:58
Doubt that CASA will certify it SP IFR till the Italians do .... and thus far I understand it is Single Pilot VFR only with 2 pilots required for IFR (quite rightly too!).

:E

gulliBell
11th Feb 2007, 05:06
"Edited due to poor grammer."

Your grammer is better than your spelling!

(sorry Ox Power, you left yourself wide open with that one!)

Ox Power
11th Feb 2007, 06:44
"Your grammer is better than your spelling!"

Gee, you're tuff on a noobie gulliBell.

OP.

gulliBell
11th Feb 2007, 07:03
welcome to the forum OP!

Yarper
11th Feb 2007, 07:15
Yarper yarper yarper ;)

tribal
11th Feb 2007, 20:05
Good luck with your new 139's, they are the biggest piece of junk on the planet.

AB139engineer
11th Feb 2007, 22:00
tribal, why don' t you back up your comment with some real solid information, or do you bad mouth everything ?:=

weedwacker
12th Feb 2007, 00:38
Yarper: Do you know if the ambo's are staying with the airwing or going there own way?:rolleyes:

vpaw pilot
12th Feb 2007, 02:42
Yarper, are you the old 'yarpa'?

Weedwacker...all will be revealed :cool:

Yarper
12th Feb 2007, 02:52
Vpaw Pilot you and i know the truth about Yarpa!:cool:

lookatme
12th Feb 2007, 03:07
I think that we all need to look at the big picture, that everyone one is doing there best for the very best out come! :)

Shirtless
12th Feb 2007, 04:24
Quote: "Doubt that CASA will certify it SP IFR till the Italians do .... and thus far I understand it is Single Pilot VFR only with 2 pilots required for IFR (quite rightly too!)".

Spinwing.....my understanding, (I've seen the papers) is that the 139 has been approved SPIFR by EASA (European Aviation Safety Authority)....replaced JAA....CASA accepts certifications by EASA and FAA equally now. As there are no AW139's here yet CASA has not been able to give an Australian CofA. But there is no reason that when the first one lands here that CASA Airworthiness will not accept EASA certification for SPIFR!!

Lets wait till the first one lands here and see what happens.

spinwing
12th Feb 2007, 05:36
shirtless ....

I wait with interest ..... be interesting flying one SP/IFR with the RH pilot screens failed and trying to get info from LH screens over 1m away ....

Perhaps pilot might need to carry binoculars at all times (just in case you understand).

Still ... will be quite a nice machine once they get the "Bugs" out of it and fix a few weaknesses! :E

Cheers
:ok:

lookatme
12th Feb 2007, 08:39
Well from the information that i have received reg the 139, i would have to say, that it will not be too long. before the aircraft recives SPIFR Status in Aus!:E

charron
12th Feb 2007, 16:15
There seem to be two kinds of IFR pilots in the world: the ones that think nothing of SPIFR if properly trained and qualified in a properly equipped helicopter and the ones that cannot conceive of SPIFR and will pull out any excuse to dismiss the concept.

Meanwhile manufacturers don't build an IFR medium without certifying it for SPIFR.

Spinwing you're drawing on an inside straight. All kinds of things would have to go wrong at the same time, including coincident weather, for the Single pilot to work up a sweat. The standby HSI/ADI should have a Nav input anyway.

All the 139's I've seen have two screens on each side, with an miniature EFIS standby in the middle.

Charon

Shirtless
13th Feb 2007, 08:05
Spinwing.....the SPIFR model 139 has 4 screens...the original 3 screen setup was never accepted by EASA for SPIFR. Agusta had to upgrade to 4 screens and update the FMC software for the 4th axis. That is, an EASA requirement for SPIFR was that the 139 has 4 screens (redundancy) and a 4 axis coupled AP through the FMS.....

Hey there a few very ordinary SPIFR machines in this country....eg. the SA365C (which was never approved by the manufacturer or any regulatory body on the planet other than CASA who approved it for SPIFR even though it is in breach of its own regulations with a 3 inch AI, 2 axis AP single channel and no coupling...go figure???)

So I don't think there should be any problem approving the 139 with more redundancies built in than you can poke a stick at!

C4
13th Feb 2007, 15:46
Flight manual currently does not allow for SPIFR. SPVFR only...

Aser
13th Feb 2007, 19:19
C4, there is an EASA approved FM supplement to operate SPIFR in europe (you need the quick reference handbook etc...)
Another difference was two pilots for vfr ops by FAA at the beginning (I had the yellow FAA page).

Regards.