PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in touch with Hal Bonny ex-Bristows

SASless
9th Feb 2007, 22:20
I spent the afternoon catching up with old times with two guys who flew with me in a place far away many years ago.

During the course of the afternoon, between planning a trip to that far away place in April....we got to playing Polish Geography and Hal Bonny's name came up.

One of the guys, who served as a Crew Chief on my aircraft, happens to have been a college room mate of Bonny and would like to get in touch with him again.

If you can pass an email addy to Bonny....please let me know. It would be good to help them get back in touch with one another.

What a small world we live in!

stacey_s
12th Feb 2007, 15:09
Hi Sasless

have'nt heard about Hal since I did an offshore survival course with him in Aberdeen in the eighties. He was living somewhere in Dorset UK at the time.

Stacey

SASless
12th Feb 2007, 15:58
I last saw him when I first went to Warri....had a pub lunch with him and Bob Jones at Redhill. Since then I heard he finally retired and did a runner to a Sunny Place in the Med along with Fred Ayris and a few other scoundrels.

Hal swore me to silence about some things but this new source of slander is not covered by that contract.

Seriously, speaking.....a fellow by Name of John Townsley is trying to make contact with Hal. They were college room mates for a while.

Last time I saw Townsley was in Vietnam in 1970....and will visit there again on one of his trips coming up.

GCMOIR
13th Feb 2007, 06:23
Hi SASless,

Associating Fred Ayris with a bunch of scoundrels - never!! Anyhow, that was a name from the past and I would love to say "HI" to Fred again. Anyone know where he is now and how to contact him? Sorry do not have any recent info on Hal.

Graeme

SASless
13th Feb 2007, 12:23
Last time I heard of Freddy he was in Cyprus still running the Hash and no doubt still doing the complete dialogue to "Blazing Saddles".

Fred will be at least two chapters in my book....."The People I Have Known".

I don't have an addy for Fred unfortunately.

stacey_s
13th Feb 2007, 15:13
knew fred in eket, the only man I ever knew who could play 'the door' with a manic laugh, many happy hours in the bar with that chap and a close friend (Sammy) who was murdered in UK!! (REMEMBER THAT CHAPS?)

mountjoy
13th Feb 2007, 17:11
Sorry to crash a thread, and i hope you are succesful.

Wondered if anyone was still in touch with Pete Beglan, Tiger captain out of aberdeen in the 80's-90's

Any info please PM me