PDA

View Full Version : Very confused!

LFC24
9th Feb 2007, 13:00
Ok, so simply.. this is what's happened.

- Went to an open day at MAN and applied for ramp agent position.

- Servisair woman phones me a week later asking me to attend an open day. I didn't attend because I had already been to one the week earlier.

- Few days later, she phones back saying I was supposed to attend an interview (referring to the open day above). I said I didn't attend as I thought it was another open day. She asks me if I've got a car, I say gonna get one in a few days. She asks me to phone back when I get one.

- Phoned her today saying I've got a car, and says I have to start on March 19th!

Now, the weird thing is that I didn't attend the supposed interview yet I've got the job?! I find it quite strange.

Then again, I applied for a clerical position (Servisair at MAN) and attended an interview for that last week, so she COULD have been referring to that job.

At the moment, I've extremely confused and will definitely ned to give that girl another call just to clear things up.

Atishoo
9th Feb 2007, 21:14
You are extremely lucky.....

I went for the most un professional interveiw with Servisair ever..... 4 months almost on i didnt even get a courtesy call nothing. So i mailed the woman who was supposed to be the supervisor and got a mail back saying "sorry im not in charge at that airport anymore " UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!

I see why people call them Circusair now, what a troop :ugh:

Grolsch30
9th Feb 2007, 22:14
I went to the open day just to see what positions they had on offer.
Igot a call yesterday from the lady in question offering me the job starting in March as a ramp agent. They want me to pay and sort out the security check costing £20 but you will get it back after 6 months!!!!
Also it's just part time and pays VERY little, but then again it's a foot in the door i suppose.
I tried menzies and aviatio resource but never heard anything back from them, maybe i'm over qualified i don't know because i've alot of experiance in ground ops, airbridge driving, marshalling etc (experiance aquired in europe).

:rolleyes:

LFC24
10th Feb 2007, 06:32
Grolsch, pretty much what I got. What's the pay rate though? £6.30 or something?

Atishoo
10th Feb 2007, 16:03
How do they expect people with families to work for a measly £6.00 per hour? beyond me that. And its such a responsible job.

Fernando_Covas
10th Feb 2007, 17:01
It's the reason why there is such a high turnover of staff within the circus. Unless you lick arse and get serious promotion you are nothing but a general worker.