PDA

View Full Version : some questions for class 1 and 2 medicals

getrajat40
9th Feb 2007, 07:32
hello everybody.....im rahul from chandigarh and i just want some information from you all.....the problem is that im going into an aviation school next year and i came to know about these medical tests which i have to go through.....the problme is that i smoke a little bit and i want to know that will smoking create any problem for me in the class 1 and 2 medical tests???i still have a year with me before i go through the medical tests..

rotorspin
9th Feb 2007, 22:39
then give up smoking? :confused:

want to fly? give yourself the best chance by giving up now!!

getrajat40
10th Feb 2007, 05:52
but i have heard that smoking is not a hassel in the medical tests

skiesfull
12th Feb 2007, 19:21
If smoking is not a hassle in the medicals, then the Doctors are not doing their job properly. Smoking will certainly become a hassle to you later on in life and I speak as one who has lost both parents to smoking related deaths, as well as a very good friend who died from lung cancer only 5 weeks after diagnosis. Determination is one quality that you will need to be a successful pilot, so why not start showing that quality now, by stopping smoking? Best wishes for a long and healthy career.

soulfly
1st Mar 2007, 09:13
hey dude...
im hooked onto smoking too , trying really hard to moderate it , as such you wont have any issues regarding your medicals , but the best bet is to quit or at the least moderate smoking.

Best of luck:ok:

gingernut
1st Mar 2007, 09:24
The truthful answer, is that, if you are young and otherwise fit, your smoking habit is unlikely to affect the doctors findings. (Your probably getting away with it at the moment).

The good news is, if you quit now, your body will probably return to the state of that of a non smoker by the time you have your medical.

And you'll feel better.:)

Out of interest, where is Chandighar, and do you have a local health sevice that would help?