PDA

View Full Version : Viva Macau

six7driver
9th Feb 2007, 07:12
Was wondering if anyone out there works for Viva Macau, and has any info on T&C for a DEC job, also any info on the company would be useful as the website is kind of skinny on what's going on right now?

cheers

Skullduggery
16th Feb 2007, 17:43
Just hoping to breathe some life back in to this post.

Anyone have any info on Viva Macau and life there?
Upgrade opportunities?

BADRT
20th Feb 2007, 10:46
Hello, I know a few things about Viva. I know someone who works there. There is a great group of guys there. While starting, they only hired current and qualified 767/757 drivers, but soon will have the right approval to hire and train onto the equipment. Pay and conditions are respectable, and slated to keep improving to keep good people. There was talk of a six weeks in Macau - 2 weeks wherever type of on/off time arrangment for those who don't want to live with their family in Macau. Flying managment is American, ex-TWA pilot and ex-NWA pilot. Living in Macau is a lot cheaper.

Tax is less, and I'm not sure if it is just part of the pay package anyhow.

Routes - regional, but I heard talk of flights to Moscow.

Hope that helps.

Deske1
20th Feb 2007, 12:32
Is the HK Licence acceptable in Macau?

tropicalflyer
21st Feb 2007, 09:53
Is anybody aware of any fleet expansion plans? will they be picking up any more aircraft?

ROO-C26B
23rd Feb 2007, 10:08
BADRT,

Do you know when would Viva be approve to hire and train guys on to the B767. I have a command B767 rating with no time on type.

Cheers,

Roo

Skaz
23rd Mar 2007, 11:45
Does anybody have an idea of how hte interview process goes? Where, what, how etc.

Thanks

Skaz
24th Mar 2007, 04:48
Or pay, schedules, allowances, travel etc etc.....anything?

Arrowhead
4th Apr 2007, 04:20
A few answers.

TAX is about 5% (blended) on income. None on savings etc. Or booze!

ROUTES include Jakarta, Male, and daily charter to Haiphong right now. Route negotiations are ongoing. They want loads more routes, but there are political problems getting these. Expect some modest progress over the next year.

Any valid ICAO licence is acceptable for conversion in Macau.

AIRCRAFT depend on routes. More routes = more acft. ie expect slow painful progress due politics.

RATING. If you hold valid rating albeit with no experience, I believe you are still qualified to fly in Macau. ie not a licence issue, more a decision if CP wants someone with no experience at this stage.

INTERVIEW/BENEFITS no idea.

SCHEDULES just look up their website, and the Macau airport website for the Haiphong flight times

nudger
6th Apr 2007, 07:49
Capt. $7875usd base
F/O. $4525usd base
plus $75 per FDP (1-12) $100 (over 12)
Housing $625usd

Schedule.... attempt to achieve 6 on 2 off.

Skaz
6th Apr 2007, 13:13
Thanks For All The Info Guys, Much Appreciated

ruby tuesday
18th May 2007, 07:23
Media says Viva Macau will begin flights to SYD in July 07!! Rapid move - maybe Air Asia's foray into OZ is to blame?
They operate 767 200Er and 300? Whats the capacity?

Arrowhead
21st May 2007, 02:27
Look out for more routes & Asian expansion this summer

ruby tuesday
21st May 2007, 05:58
Is this on the back of more 767's? Are they really drawing pax over from HK?

iemanja
3rd Jun 2007, 03:47
anyone here currently in viva?

StraightOuttaCompton
10th Jun 2007, 23:52
$4500 base is pretty shy for a widebody F/O job!!!! With the going rate around the world and especially if you have to live in Asia, surely they must have other incentives to retain staff?? If not, well good luck to them. If you have a partner, they wont be able to work there, so your prob better off at home where u can keep your relationship and both earn two incomes. Stop her going insane on your overnightas too!!

Skaz
11th Jun 2007, 00:58
whats the deal on commuting there, if you dont want to live in macau? do they have international jumpseat priviledges with other carriers?

Any idea of how long it takes to upgrade?

Do they even have a commuting schedule? how are you going to live internationally, but commute there on a 6 on 2 off schedule?

thanks for the info

Arrowhead
22nd Jun 2007, 12:00
Flights from macau-SYD and vice versa now on sale at http://www.flyvivamacau.com.au

The_Loner
8th Aug 2013, 01:33
Amazing... I was on the search engines digging up news about the Viva Macau court proceedings and found this thread. Yeah, what about a nice DEC job in Macau. There are some pictures of Viva Macau (http://www.ab9il.net/avgallery/photo6.html) on the net too.