PDA

View Full Version : Message from The Third Floor

Richard Wong
9th Feb 2007, 04:07
Dear FO ----------------,

Due to your apparent lack of loyalty to Cathay Pacific Airways, the Star Chamber has removed you from your last few trips to assign sim support for SO training, as a result of these assignments, regardless of your previous performance, we have no choice but to remove you from service. You have been graded cat D, "unsuitable for command", and disqualified. This is due to your partner's last approach in the simulator, which was graded "Sporty".

The results of these checks will be forwarded to the South China Morning Post as well as the London Times. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

God Save The Queen!

The Third Floor

tryhard
9th Feb 2007, 08:23
Well said.

All juniors, wannabe's, etc etc read and weap.

Expect this sort of thing and you will not be disappointed................

Love the Richard Wong "weave" by the way!!

Very Clever.:D :D :D :D

moosp
11th Feb 2007, 13:26
Nice one RW. Wish we saw a bit more of your acerbic wit around here. Lord knows we need a laugh...

SeldomFixit
11th Feb 2007, 13:46
And you stay because ? :confused:

Basil
14th Feb 2007, 09:49
And you stay because ?
Everyone likes a challenge ;)
AKA "Illegitimii non carborundum" which my wife advises me is not Latin at all.

ps: Observe the beads of water departing the oiled feathers of the duck - chill

BADRT
20th Feb 2007, 10:57
The perfect time to put the flaps out....
"I think you configured too early, you could of waited a little bit longer"
next flight
"I think your approach was a bit sporty"
next flight
"In that instance, it would have been much better to use 'Vertical Speed'"
next flight
"You should always use 'Flight Level Change' "

Actual quotes of training pilots...."the grades like a circle...don't try to hard for a 5 because it might go back around and become a 1"

"You didn't appear to be confident" (many trainers are also qualified psychologists)

"don't taxi over the centerline lights" or "taki between them" or "taxi to the left of them" or "you should always stay on the centerline"

Basil
20th Feb 2007, 16:16
BADRT,

Yup, I remember it all well, and not just in CX.

Was having some difficulty on a conversion and mentioned the very points you make to my new (and excellent) trainer. He said "Well, just fly the jet and I'll say nothing unless you're about to kill us all."
Two days later he said "Can't see what the problem was." Thanks Pete :ok:

Another, much less problematic was that, on a command course, as each successive TC told me to alter my briefing and I incorporated his words of wisdom, the next would come up with different advice. Mentioned this and the trainer just said "OK, no more comments on your briefings!" Sorted!

Neither of the foregoing was in CX.