PDA

View Full Version : Jobs after being Cabin Crew

whatzmyname
8th Feb 2007, 14:55
My husband wants to start having a family which would mean I would have to go on maternity leave etc. I dont know if I would want to be away from my baby and continue flying afterwards. The first 3 years of a child is so important. :O
The thing that worries me now is that if I should resign for 3 years and then start working again,what type of job will I be able to do? Flying is all I know and I am defnitly not the office type. Are there any other people who had a successful career after being cabin crew? What type of jobs can ex-crew do? I need some advice please.

malvin
8th Feb 2007, 14:58
You could see if there are training establishments where you are that offers courses on cabin crew and apply to them as a trainer.

huckleberry58
9th Feb 2007, 05:28
Alot of girls get into the car sales business here, and apparently do pretty well.

La Diva
9th Feb 2007, 11:02
Why don't you keep flying part time?
In the good old days at BMed you work 2 weeks on, 2 off - all in all 10 days a month! And you are not away for all 10 days too - I mean if you have a 3 day trip you check in lunch time on day 1 and arrive back lunch time on day 3!
And still take home £800 - £1000 for 3 flights a month!
Under the new circumstances I don't know, but surely that's an idea anyway!