PDA

View Full Version : Pilot survey - your input appreciated

steve777
4th Feb 2007, 09:47
Good luck to all those aspiring pilots wanting to work in Africa, I'm sure you'll find it rewarding and possibly the best flying you'll ever do.

I am busy doing a study into the proposed future "pilot shortage" and would like to hear from pilots with 1500 hours and below regarding the following:

1. How did you pay for your professional flying licence?

2. If you took a loan has it been paid off yet?

3. What /where was your first job and how long did it take you to get your first job (how many hours did you have)?

4. Do you want to fly an airliner one day?

Please email me at [email protected] with your answers.

Aviation is set to double in size over the next 20 years. Good luck at landing those jobs, never give up applying as many pilots today who sit in the LHS of an airliner were in the same position as you are today.

formulav
6th Feb 2007, 06:02
Steve777,
Is this a for real study or are you going where I think you are going?. I am concerned for the lot of us who WILL NOT AND SHOULD NOT pay to get a flyiny job. Anybody who does does more damage than good by prostituting or trade. never pay to relocate, never pay for training, never pay for anything YOU SHOULD BE GETTING PAID TO DO!!!!! I almost lost my first flying job by "doing something for nothing" for flight time. Do us all a favor. I do not know of any profession where this practice is acceptable. Having flown for a living since 1991 and having spent the last 11 years flying heavy jets, I can assure the new guys that there is no need for this way of thinking. Of course I bled every living relative dry and the federal government dry borrowing money for flight school/university and spent 10 years paying it back. If you can waste your/other peoples money to dimish your own earning power, feel free to do so at the expense of the entire pilot population. Steve777 this was not directed at you, your blurb was at the end of the page that all these new pilots are reading and writing to. I just wanted for them to hear this. Thanks.

steve777
7th Feb 2007, 11:58
formulav
I'm actually doing my thesis on the shortage of pilots and the effects if will have on the industry. Like I said, aviaiton is set to double by 2025, where are the pilots going to come from?
Baseline, cash or rich parents seems to be the selection criteria for obtaining a career in aviation, which I feel is wrong because there are a lot of talented people out there who would be great in aviation but have let it slip due to cash.
I believe that everyone on this website who wants to work in Africa will have a job within the next year or two, the industry is bleeding and for once it's working to our favour.
All I want is to hear from the new starters, to gain some information that may actually help them or others in the future.

formulav
7th Feb 2007, 21:32
Sounds like a worth while study. I would be interested in hearing your results as they form. Will be in touch. thanks again.

formulav
7th Feb 2007, 22:06
I was offer a job/flying for them. I would appreciate in info about them. Many thanks in advance.

formulav:suspect:

B Sousa
7th Feb 2007, 23:17
"cash or rich parents seems to be the selection criteria for obtaining a career in aviation, which I feel is wrong because there are a lot of talented people out there who would be great in aviation but have let it slip due to cash."

Cant speak for all the Capies, but in Estados Undios , many come from the Military.