PDA

View Full Version : Possible COPA routes to Europe

Bigscott55
6th Feb 2007, 18:17
Around here in panama the rumor is that COPA is looking to buy a couple of 747s for panama-Europe routes. Although recently they published a denile in local news print stating they had no intention of opening new routes to Europe in 2007. Who knows.

Also i've heard the minimum to get hired by COPA (at least if you trained at a local flight school) is 250 hrs and a 6moth traing period with COPA...any know anything about that? I know theyve hired guys with such a small number of hours because my instructor at the flight school im attending here in panama left at 270-300 hrs and was hired by COPA.

scott

Panama Jack
7th Feb 2007, 07:18
I had also heard rumors about new routes to Europe by COPA, but not with 747's but rather with smaller Boeings. I guess time will tell, and due to COPA's relationship with Continental, this could happen at an accelerated pace.

Ray Darr
11th Feb 2007, 18:22
Any stops (5th Freedom Rights) planned along the way, or are they going to be direct, non-stops?

rasec
13th Feb 2007, 02:38
a little off topic, but a friend of mine and are are in the same boat. looking for something better than a regional here in the states. Copa came to mind. Does anyone have any info? Im more concerned with the upgrade time since we all know its the PIC time that counts. Does anyone know the upgrade time? all the info would help. thanks