PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR with differing ATPL credits.

9M-
6th Feb 2007, 14:37
Hi,
Would like to find out if anyone had come across this question before. That is having a CPL/IR from one country and ATPL credits from another country. Will this combination be accepted by airlines? Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cloud Cutter
6th Feb 2007, 15:54
Hi 9M

I don't see any way an airline could accept that. There is no way for you to gain an ATPL based on that situation without either converting your CPL/IR to one from the same country as your ATPL theory, or sitting the ATPL exams for the country that issued your CPL/IR. Can you be more specific as to where each of your qualifications was gained?

Cheers

27/09
7th Feb 2007, 00:03
It's not up to the airlines to accept or reject, it is the local Civil Aviation Authority who makes the decision.

As fas a I know only complete and current licences and ratings are recognised for conversion purposes, exam credits don't count. You will need to do as CC says in his post.

9M-
7th Feb 2007, 00:41
Ok the situation is as follows:

Malaysian CPL (completed Ukcaa ATPL papers) as malaysia uses CAA exam standards.

Thinking of going to australia to convert to a casa CPL followed by doing an IR.

So end result will be a CASA CPL/IR and a UKCAA ATPL theory. The question is will this work for most airline or regulatories or do i need to do the CASA ATPL over again?

Lasiorhinus
7th Feb 2007, 02:18
So you already have a UK CPL? Or do they not count it as one?
Sounds like a UK CPL with UK ATPL credits fit together rather well...

27/09
7th Feb 2007, 02:46
So you already have a UK CPL?

No I don't think so. It appears to me that 9M- has a Malaysian CPL which uses CAA exam credits (in this case ATPL) for the theory. The flight test done IAW Malaysian CAA requirements. Malaysian CPL with CAA ATPL credits.

9M-
7th Feb 2007, 04:21
27/09 is right. A malaysian CPL with CAA ATPL credit.

If convert this to a australian CPL with IR, will this be acceptable to most authorities arnd the world?

A CASA CPL/IR with CAA ATPL credits instead of an australian ATPL credit.

27/09
7th Feb 2007, 06:40
I stand to be corrected but it is my opinion that your CAA ATPL credits are worthless to you except with a CAA licence and I guess a Malaysian licence since they recognise CAA exams for CPL.

Everywhere else you will need the ATPL exam credits for that countries licence.