PDA

View Full Version : Mapi32.dll

Wodrick
6th Feb 2007, 13:31
I have been using the Office 2007 beta 2 for a little while, the trial has now expired and I am trying to return to Office 2003. I have uninstalled 2007 using add/remove programs and re-installed Office 2003. When trying to run Outlook to set it up I get the error MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. Undaunted I hit the Microsoft site with the error and followed the instructions to run FIXMAPI.EXE, did that with the run command but couldn't tell if it did anything. Still not working so I decided to download the DLL and overwrite it. I don't know if this is the correct approach but don't seem to be able to achieve it as the thing is asking for a password. I am not aware of any password.
HELP !

blackace
6th Feb 2007, 13:46
Microsoft mistake strikes again.

read this thread it should give you your answer. Especially read the part about the WRONG file being in error is being reported.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=438256&SiteID=17

Wodrick
6th Feb 2007, 18:13
Ah well it does help if the instructions on the packet are correct !
Thanks muchly, don't think I would have found that on my own.
Didn't work straight away though, like some others in that thread I had to un install and then delete office11 and office12 then re-install, then it all works as advertised.
Thanks again