PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool issues

GullWing
6th Feb 2007, 11:50
Hi all,
I work under the approach to liverpool and yesterday at about 2:30pm saw a twin engine military jet (looked at a distance to be tornado or typhoon) and then later (4:30pm) a C130 herc going into liverpool.

Does anyone know the reason for their presence? Do they just use liverpool as a practice?

Thanks all :)
GullWing

chevvron
6th Feb 2007, 13:52
See other threads; the RAF often do 'practice diversions' to airfields both civil and military to which they would not normally operate; bloody good idea 'cos it means our boys are more able to adapt to different levels of service and different types of approach when they're doing it 'for real'.

JustaFew
6th Feb 2007, 20:30
1430 Tornado

1630 C130 carrying out procedural instrument approachs.

clifftop
6th Feb 2007, 21:31
and you'll often see Hawks from Valley, perform a "missed approach".

When rwy 27 is in use, they will make a normal approach, as if to land, then just before the threshold, power on and climb, following the Mersey into Liverpool bay, then along the north wales coast to Anglesey.

Fast. Loud. Nice.:)

GullWing
7th Feb 2007, 11:09
Hi all,
Thanks for the helpful replies.

The tornado was good and loud too - copared to the Ryanair/Easyjet 737s we're used to here.

Thanks again
GullWing

clifftop
21st May 2007, 14:34
Apparently there's a footy match somewhere, further than walking distance from Anfield.

Some supporters will be flying to this place from LJLA.

What planes can we expect to be used by the charters?

point5
21st May 2007, 15:40
There is a thread already open on this, but here's the list anyway...

www.nwan.co.uk/athensupdate3.rtf

All the fun started this morning with the XL B743.
Thanks.

clifftop
21st May 2007, 16:25
I DID a search or this, but your useless,

a) Its not mine - it belongs to Danny - why not tell him?
Do you not represent Danny? Yes, you do. It's as much yours then.

word specific system came up with nothing. again.

b) Not on this forum - we don't say that!
Figure of speech as well you know, assuming you are fluent in English, you pedant.

+

c) Did it occur to you it MIGHT have been mentioned already?
Yep

PS. It is not the search function that is 'useless' here but the searcher :) ATHENS would have been a start, as would European, Final, Liverpool
Search functions on several other sites I use are more than capable of finding subjects by using any words in any order. As I said. YOURS is useless, by comparison.

Mod BOAC, stop moving my posts around, you're making me dizzy.

d) I've started, so I'll finish, as they say. Do NOT double post, by-the-way, Apart from that you did well..........................

Now try search again and post in the relevant thread or you'll be off that Clifftop quick as a flash.:p

Yeah right.

You never know - you might even find the answer to your question

.....and to finish off, in common with, I think ALL internet search engines "aircraft types liverpool athens" searches for EXACTLY that group of 4 words, which is unlikely to exist.

You may well think that, you'd be very wrong. If I were to search: "Darts teams Liverpool England" I would find websites that contained each of those words in ANY order. And most likely, find me a list of teams who play darts in Liverpool in England.

See?

Not rocket science is it? and a bloody good job too, it'd probably end up getting moved to NASA!!!

WALSue
26th Jun 2007, 15:22
Just got back in to LPL this afternoon and there is an Air Atlantic Lockheed Electra parked up. Thought they were based in Coventry??

26th Jun 2007, 15:28
Atlantic Airlines have had an Electra based at Liverpool for YEARS!!!
Main base is Coventry, yes, but it's predominately contract work with them, so you will rarely see more than one or two down in CVT. . .(apart from all the ones that they've cannibalised over the years . . . !)

magpienja
14th Nov 2007, 21:31
Just curious I saw a beluga depart Liverpool today about 0800am went to Hawarden,

I wonder if anybody know what it was doing in Liverpool.

Nick.

JustaFew
14th Nov 2007, 22:24
Cross-winds at Hawarden too great for the tall bird, so diverted to Liverpool yesterday. Returned to Hawarden when the weather was a little quieter.

TopBunk
15th Nov 2007, 04:08
As a follow on, what are the crosswind limits of the Beluga?

magpienja
15th Nov 2007, 17:03
Thanks for that, mind you the winds have been so light the last few days,

I wonder if it has a very low limit.

Nick.