PDA

View Full Version : navplanning from nav.cz feedback??

crjlover
5th Feb 2007, 22:00
Hi all,
in the airline where I work we would like to change our flightplanning system. We are using SITA but we are not so happy. What we look for is a system with good automatic route building and able to create the associated wx and notams package, and last but not least a way to sand this infos to the CFMU and to the crew.

Thanks
CRJlover

ferchik
11th Feb 2007, 20:06
I heard those guys are in bankcrupcy and they have just 3 customers without mentoning they have just 1 programmer....

I would search a bit more before to approach them.

Good luck.

b747heavy
13th Feb 2007, 06:34
in line with crjlover,

I am also after some information on organisations that provide flight planning services. I know the majors, such as SITA, UW&A, JEPP, NAVTECH etc, but having used most of these, I am after ideas on who is out there that needs discovering, or is currently used by someone and they think it is a good product?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

B747heavy :ok:

CFPlnr
13th Feb 2007, 08:57

merlinxx
13th Feb 2007, 18:29
Call Airdata @ LGW www.airdata.co.uk

cl5b&scare
14th Feb 2007, 16:57
I have used Jeepy and now use PPS jeppy expensive but lots of function,,,PPS is stright forward if dos based but work very well in Europe,,simple and easy to use

:D

merlinxx
14th Feb 2007, 22:47
PPS not a global friendly system, needs far too much manual intervention. OK for Euro ops.

VP8
15th Feb 2007, 06:58
Hi crjlover
Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but are you using the appropriate keywords with SITA??
CFMU plans can be filed direct PIC-IN/1/BRUEP7X
Route generation can be done using RRG- and are supposedly CFMU compliant :}
WX and Notams can also be added

VEEPS:ok:

crjlover
18th Feb 2007, 17:06
VP8,
Out of 10 fpls, I got just 3 CFMU compliant. Than I found some quite often some errors such as: AWY not existing btw 2 points, but CFMU ack that route.

Harrier46
19th Feb 2007, 04:34
I would vote for Air Data also, user friendly, reasonably priced, big customers such as Virgin, Ryanair and Airbus. We are switching from SITA in April and halving our monthly bill! And yes, I have used before, so claim some useful experience.

crjlover
19th Feb 2007, 10:33
it' s a pity that NAV is in troubles as the system look good.
Isn't Virgin using Phoenix??

pcl
23rd Feb 2007, 18:15
hey crjlover, not sure where you heard NAV was in trouble, but we use their FP product and haven't heard/seen anything...send me a note if you want to discuss further.

the bald eagle
25th Feb 2007, 13:46
Use Air Data - their Airplan 3 is a good system with a very good opmet/notam package however they are close to releasing their all swinging brand new system that they have been developing over the last 2-3 years but well worth the wait....I had a quick preview of the new system and it is quite something else mainly because they got all their customers on board and asked them what they wanted from their planning systems, they then listened and then implemented it and the results were amazing also its so cheap compared to others.

Virgin do use Phoenix but Air Data's opmet/notam package and were involved in the new system (so i'm told)

the bald eagle
25th Feb 2007, 13:53
Which NAV are you talking about...is it NAVTECH???

crjlover
27th Feb 2007, 19:32
Thanks for all your replay.
NAV is a Czech company that provide various services. I think that they manage even the A.R.O. in Prague.
Last question: anybody of you have has an e-mail contact for Airdata? the Enquire form on that website are not working.

merlinxx
28th Feb 2007, 11:40
Web site is working. You can ctc +441293400888 S/B or +441293402020 Help desk. I'm not with them, nor a customer, just here to assist. Jetplan is still the best.

max payload
28th Feb 2007, 13:32
Try EDS.
PM me for details.

:ok: Max.

the bald eagle
1st Mar 2007, 14:42
crjlover the contact email for Air Data's salesman is [email protected]
again i don't work for them but they are the best setup at the moment!

merlinxx
2nd Mar 2007, 05:23
You have any attachment to NZ?

the bald eagle
3rd Mar 2007, 22:21
Sorry merlin what or who is NZ?

merlinxx
4th Mar 2007, 19:10
Our South Eastern Pacific Islands New Zealand, never been there have you or ATC @ Hounslow Bus Garage?

the bald eagle
5th Mar 2007, 00:09
No to NZ errrr Peckham...will that do?:confused:

merlinxx
5th Mar 2007, 16:41
No!!! Peckham ain't that a province of "British West Brixton", never go there again or West Africa from DKR south to LAD, I like life!.

the bald eagle
6th Mar 2007, 11:12
Yep...i have this habit as well...its called breathing!!!
have a good day Merlin:)

mfarrar
4th Apr 2007, 13:21
Try AirData

mfarrar
10th Apr 2007, 14:11
You could email me at [email protected]
or call on 01293 400888

merlinxx
10th Apr 2007, 16:47
U post from Wilts, but should that not be Kingfisher Hse?

evertonmad
11th Apr 2007, 04:58
It takes a bit of getting used to but Jeppesen (jetplan.com or jetplanner) have the best flight planning system in my opinion. They make ETOPS planning a snap and they can tailor make your contract so it usually saves you money in the long run. Contact Ben Watkins at their Gatwick office for more info.

If you're a scheduled operator I've heard LIDO is worth the expense.

circlesquare
12th Apr 2007, 20:30
Airdata

The new system is indeed looking rather fancy...but is also extremely user friendly and the system should be fully operational within a few months. In the interim the current dated, but more than adequate package is perfectly reasonable.

The company has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and, with their customer base, are now a major player that can be considered up there with Jepps / SITA.

And although I am a user, we recently looked at other packages, and when all was said and done (and without any bias towards existing customer ethic) it was clearly the best all rounder.

If you are looking for reasonably priced, full functionalilty flight planning software, then in my mind you've got nothing to loose by giving mfarrar a call..

Feel free to PM me for further info if you want it.

leonel fonseca
18th Apr 2007, 15:55
hello CRJlover
Jetplanner is a very good system,yu can create the associated wx and notams,and yu have an options to validate yr flight plan before submission to CFMU.if yu hve crew ousation yu can posted all information(flight plan/wx/NOTAM) on easybrief.com
rgds

sandokan
18th Apr 2007, 16:31
Hi CRJlover,

I worked well with PPS,LIDO,Jepp an now EDS (Skytrack)

Could tell you,that it all depends what your needs are.

PPS is cheap and Ok for small companies or private owned corp flying europe. Tehy are working on an Internet based application.
I`ll guess something same like from UVair.

EDS, with what I am working now, is easy to use, fast, reliable and worldwide ops possible.Including is a very useful graphics interface (flight globe) where you can see your flight on a worldmap including Awy,FIRs,Areas,VOR,NDB,Waypoints and other useful stuff.
Cost are between Jepp and LIDO.

LIDO would only be helpful for mayor airlines and is used by LH,AirBerlin,LHCargo, Condor....very expensive!

Jepp for me is not very friendly to work with and had too much flaws.

But as always in this cases.....this are just my 2 cents!

Best regards