PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Outlook Web Access......

buggingout
5th Feb 2007, 18:41
Hello All

Does anyone know if I can (easily) create a copy of my emails onto my harddrive from Microsoft Outlook Web Access.

I keep losing connectivity when I'm away and would like to access my old mails. However, I have 000's I need access to so can't just manually go through each one and save them!

Cheers in advance folks :ok:

ps Apologies if I sound an idiot.......I'm not that PC-enabled!! :p

All Ahead Full
7th Feb 2007, 11:36
Why not setup a mail client instead? The data will then be copied locally

airborne_artist
7th Feb 2007, 11:51
Quite possible that OWA does not allow this. My preference would be to set up a forwarding rule on Outlook to another account, and install a client that could collect and store these.

buggingout
12th Feb 2007, 07:28
CheersA_A, will give that a try to see practicality

11K-AVML
15th Feb 2007, 22:01
There is definatly software out there that does this.

I've got a Western Digital External Hard Drive (Passport type).
It came with sycronisation software that allows easy syncronisation of my files. But it has an added function of syncronising Outlook data.

I can sync. my Outlook files onto the drive, unplug it and take it away with me. Later I can plug it via USB onto another computer running Windows (XP or newer I think) and I can view the emails. Better than that though, it can operate as it's own client...I can download emails direct to the hard drive by connecting to this other computer (no need to have Outlook installed on this other computer) and similarly it has a secure web browser onboard to, so I can do the same with my favourites.
The only thing it doesn't resolve is if you connect via a network that prevents access the mail ports.

When I get home I can then sync. my emails across to my own computer.

buggingout
16th Feb 2007, 13:42
cheers 11K....will look into that as well

mingalababya
25th Feb 2007, 07:45
OWA is the webbased client for Exchange. You can use either Outlook or Outlook Express to download all of your mail from the Exchange server to a local machine, but you'll need to know your POP3 configuration settings. Your systems administrator of your Exchange server will also need enable POP3 access as well.

Miraz
26th Feb 2007, 00:04
You might find that your OWA setup also allows the full outlook client to connect over http - in which case it can sync a local copy of your mailbox with the server in the same way as it would over a vpn.

Have a fettle around in the "Connection" tab of your outlook profile and try enabling the "Connect over HTTP" option - your IT folks should be able to help you with the settings.