PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone attend Kingfisher recruitment fair in Toulouse

Emma Ritz
5th Feb 2007, 17:31
... wasn't able to get there myself, but I'd be interested to find out what people's feelings are about the vibe surrounding the company, and in particular if there was any details of the package on offer for both FO's and Capt's on the A320?

Cheers

Yebo
5th Feb 2007, 17:49
Start
A320 First Officers Briefing Document
Kingfisher Airlines
www.flykingfisher.com
Start Date: Flexible. 3 year, renewable assignments.
Base Residence: Mumbai or Bangalore, India (other Indian bases may also be confirmed).
Time off/Monthly payment:
Option 1: US$4,500 per month
46 weeks ON duty, 6 weeks OFF duty
Option 2: US$5,000 per month
22 weeks ON duty, 4 weeks OFF duty
After taxes paid in India.
You can choose your preferred option from 1 and 2 above

Date: Flexible

Base Residence: Mumbai or Bangalore, India

Time off/Monthly payment: TREs:
Option1: US$10,250 per month
10 weeks ON duty, 2 weeks OFF duty plus 2 weeks paid annual leave.

Option2: US$11,750 per month

Option3: US$11,250 per month

TRIs:

Option1: US$9,750 per month

Option2: US$11,250 per month

Option3: US$10,750 per month

Captains:

Option1: US$9,000 per month

Option2: US$10,500 per month
46 weeks ON duty, 6 weeks OFF duty.

Option3: US$10,000 per month
22 weeks ON duty, 4 weeks OFF duty.

After taxes paid in India

You can choose your preferred option from 1,2 and 3 above.

Block hours: 80 per month

Overtime: Hours in excess of 80 per month shall be paid at 1/80th of the applicable monthly fee above.

Accommodation: 1 bedroom apartment within business class hotel complex or apartment of the same standard suitable for the Crew Member’s family to maximum cost of US$1,000 per month (or US$1,500 in Mumbai if required) provided by the Airline.

Duty transport: Provided at Base Residence and at layover stations.

Medical Insurance: Expatriate medical and repatriation insurance provided by RAL.

Travel: The Airline shall provide positive space economy class air travel from Home Residence to Base Residence at commencement and return at termination of assignment and for consecutive days off.

ID travel with Gulf AIR, Emirates, Qatar, Air France and KLM.

Excess baggage: 40kgs at commencement and termination of assignment.

Sick Leave: 10 days paid per annum.

You must be current on type and have 500 PIC hours on A320

Foreign pilots operating in India are issued with a validation of their home country license. Accordingly you must be able to keep your home country license current for the term of your assignment in India.

If you are interested please:

a. complete and return the attached form by fax/email
b. confirm the date on which you could be available to commence an assignment/how much notice you need to give your current employer.
c. forward copies of your license, TRE/TRI/Training qualification if applicable, passport, medical, last 2 logbook pages, proof of last sim check and verification of your licence by the respective issuing authority.
d. register/update your details at www.rishworthaviation.com (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/)

Mumbai (population 16.4 million)

Mumbai is the bubblegum glamour of Bollywood cinema, shopping malls full of designer labels, cricket on the Oval Maidan, promenading families eating bhelpuri on the beach at Chowpatty, red double-decker buses queuing in grinding traffic jams and the infamous cages of the red-light district.

This pungent drama is played out against a Victorian townscape more reminiscent of a prosperous 19th-century English industrial city than anything you'd expect to find on the edge of the Arabian Sea. It's a city with vibrant streetlife, India's best nightlife, and a wealth of bazaars.
Lonely Planet

Bangalore (population 5.7 million)
The surging capital of Bangalore is regarded as one of India’s most progressive cities. Its stark contrast with the rest of the state is most evident in the MG Rd area, where fast food joints, yuppie bars, trendy clubs and glitzy malls are the ever-changing flavours of the day. Things that are taboo elsewhere – men and women holding hands for one – are increasingly seen here.

Nicknamed the “Garden City” it does boast some pleasant parks and many of the streets share space with greenery. Bangalore’s still a busy and traffic logged sprawl, but one with many pluses for the traveller: good transport connections to the rest of the state, stockpiles of amenities and sites worthy of mention in their own right.

Lonely Planet

Emma Ritz
5th Feb 2007, 20:52
Thanks Yebo.

That looks to be a Rishworth contract though ... I presume if Kingfisher are going to the trouble of running roadshows, they must be offering direct hire as opposed to only through the agencies? It would generally be better to be employed directly by the airline, in terms of job security / T&C's would it not?

Aussie
5th Feb 2007, 23:22
Doesnt sound like a bad deal... anyone experienced life there as an expat?

A-3TWENTY
6th Feb 2007, 06:29
I have very close friends flying there , and there are just two things to do:

Going to the airport ;

Going to the hotel...

There are some places in the world they pay well not for flying , but to keep you there...

Cheers

Thin Albert
6th Feb 2007, 08:52
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS DEAL:confused: :confused: :confused:
i mean you are in India for at least 22 weeks, did i get this right???

Bad Robot
6th Feb 2007, 23:26
There is no mention of the hours requirement for F/O's in post No 2 by Yebo.
Many agencies are asking 300 to 500 hours on type but this below from PPJN, gives a different story.

FO Current Medical CPL, FRTO, COP/RTR and IR with multi engine endorsement and minimum of 250 hrs as Co-Pilot on any commercial jet (Boeing 737, 727, CRJ e.t.c) or minimum of 500 hrs as Co-Pilot on any commercial turboprop ( Hs748, F-27, ATR, Dornier, e.t.c). or minimum of 750 hrs on any Jets. Preference will be given to experience / rating on heavier class of jets and commercial jet experience. 13/Jul/06

BR. :confused:

It would appear that the above requirement is straight from the Kingfisher Website.

CT7
26th Feb 2007, 05:45
Screwed By Rishworh
I would suggest finding another contractor to go through or go direct to Kingfisher.
The first contract I saw from them (RISHWORTH) had F/Os at US$8000. However this never even came from Kingfisher. Seemed they just thought/dreamed that amount up. Then when I sent their info back with this salary and all signed off they said, Oh No. That's not right. This is the correct one..... at US$3000 less!!!

They seem to have a bit of a history about shafting pilots so be aware. Maybe they have changed from earlier days??

But from what I went through. No way!

wobblyprop
26th Feb 2007, 11:16
what is the tax rate in india, out of interest?

hpcock
26th Feb 2007, 17:26
33% for pilots - high band salary earners in India

Currently flying for KF (A320) - not as an expat, but an Overseas Indian Citizen from the UK.

Flying here is a bit different from what we're used to in the UK, but open your mind, be patient & its all good. Don't rule out an upgrade as an expat FO, but in all honesty its not that common, & stay away from Rishworth. So many people getting shafted here in India by them. Your'e better off approaching the company dircetly. After all thats what the roadshows are all about.

If you are considering the move to India - remember things take time over here, nothing happens overnight. However, don't forget you're flying a/c straight out of the box & getting a lot of time on type. Currently averaging out at 80hrs pcm for FO's on the 320 - not inc O/T.

Hope this little bit of info helps

Good luck to you all
HPC

CT7
26th Feb 2007, 17:36
Although the T&C's mention figures "after tax paid in India".

Interesting to hear that I'm not the only one that has been screwed by Rishworth.

BCF Breath
28th Feb 2007, 11:13
Go direct to Kingfisher Airlines. A friend of a friend who knows a chap suggested this.

But he did mention that Rishworth weren't all that honest with their contracts.

Rubis
20th Dec 2007, 03:30
They don't work for you.....you don't pay them their monthy fee....you are their whore and they are your pimp. This is the basic operating principal between airlines and recruiters. They aren't there for you, you are there for them. Economics 101.

There are some that are particularly "WORTHLESS" and very RISH because of it.